Author Topic: Spider-Man: Homecoming  (Read 9159 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
Woody Harrelson looked terrible as Cletus Kasady.
I didn't even know he was in it. Doesn't sound like a bad casting choice either.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018, 08:25:51 PM »
I didn't even know he was in it. Doesn't sound like a bad casting choice either.

He could easily pull that role off, but not with a wig that makes him look like Carrot Top.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »

he was the villian this movie deserved but didnt get.
hes an end credit teaser and he looks enough like the comic that it dosent bother me, altho woody is not my ideal casting

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »
Just got back from Far From Home.

Story left alot to be desired.
Action sequences, 1 in particular, was amazing
Jake G was great

6.5/10

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
Just got back from Far From Home.

Story left alot to be desired.
Action sequences, 1 in particular, was amazing
Jake G was great

6.5/10

Mostly agree. The only thing that surprised me was the "why" but the story was really predictable. It felt like a Spidey story by the end, so I was satisfied there. The ham-fisted "there is no one else" was a bit too contrived though.

The action scenes were big-screen-worthy, especially the final one. I'm considering going back to see it in 3D.

The opening gave me some feels.

Did you stick around for the stingers?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
You guys should’ve seen Midsommar instead
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »
Mostly agree. The only thing that surprised me was the "why" but the story was really predictable. It felt like a Spidey story by the end, so I was satisfied there. The ham-fisted "there is no one else" was a bit too contrived though.

The action scenes were big-screen-worthy, especially the final one. I'm considering going back to see it in 3D.

The opening gave me some feels.

Did you stick around for the stingers?
I didnt really feel like it was forced. 

Peter's father, uncle, and now his mentor/idol has died.  Tony, the only father figure he's had since god knows when just sacrificed himself to save the world, and now this 15/16 year old feels like he has to live up to Tony's accomplishments, and he doesn't know how to cope with it.
To make matters worse the kid has no one to discuss this with because his super powers are a secret, and the people that do know about his powers are either dead, on a foreign planet, or are his Aunt or Ned.

Could you imagine that stress and loneliness?

One thing to also think about is how the MCU likes to develop character arcs over their movies (Cap and Tony emotionally and spiritually started as very different people from how their characters ended).  This was clearly a very important part of Peter's journey in the larger story.

Obviously stayed for the mid credits and post credits
Alot of people seemed to be pissed off about the implications of the mid credits scene, but given the way the MCU tells their stories I felt like it was to be expected.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »
You guys should’ve seen Midsommar instead

But why?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »
I didnt really feel like it was forced. 

Peter's father, uncle, and now his mentor/idol has died.  Tony, the only father figure he's had since god knows when just sacrificed himself to save the world, and now this 15/16 year old feels like he has to live up to Tony's accomplishments, and he doesn't know how to cope with it.
To make matters worse the kid has no one to discuss this with because his super powers are a secret, and the people that do know about his powers are either dead, on a foreign planet, or are his Aunt or Ned.

Could you imagine that stress and loneliness?

One thing to also think about is how the MCU likes to develop character arcs over their movies (Cap and Tony emotionally and spiritually started as very different people from how their characters ended).  This was clearly a very important part of Peter's journey in the larger story.

Obviously stayed for the mid credits and post credits
Alot of people seemed to be pissed off about the implications of the mid credits scene, but given the way the MCU tells their stories I felt like it was to be expected.

Damn, sorry I wasn't clear enough. It could've saved you some typing. I didn't have an issue with Peter's trust and the implications. The "there's no one else" I was referring to was Nick Fury responding to Peter's "Dude, I'm vacay, where's Capt. Marvel or Doc Strange?" with "Unavailable." It's a freaking extinction-level threat, why aren't everyone still alive post-Infinity War available?

As for the stinger twist, I wonder if they'll use some post-Civil War in the comics material to work it out. Or could they introduce Miles? We know he exists in this continuity.

I also just read Holland had a 6-film deal to play Spidey; broken into 3 Disney movies, and 3 Sony flicks. The next movie would complete his contract. Personally, I think he's been the best live-action Spidey, and I'd like to see him continue--though mentoring Miles would be pretty cool. Did you see Into the Spiderverse?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
Damn, sorry I wasn't clear enough. It could've saved you some typing. I didn't have an issue with Peter's trust and the implications. The "there's no one else" I was referring to was Nick Fury responding to Peter's "Dude, I'm vacay, where's Capt. Marvel or Doc Strange?" with "Unavailable." It's a freaking extinction-level threat, why aren't everyone still alive post-Infinity War available?

As for the stinger twist, I wonder if they'll use some post-Civil War in the comics material to work it out. Or could they introduce Miles? We know he exists in this continuity.

I also just read Holland had a 6-film deal to play Spidey; broken into 3 Disney movies, and 3 Sony flicks. The next movie would complete his contract. Personally, I think he's been the best live-action Spidey, and I'd like to see him continue--though mentoring Miles would be pretty cool. Did you see Into the Spiderverse?
Word, we're on the same page. 

Yeah I surprisingly really enjoyed it. 

I heard somewhere that he might end up having 2 separate trilogies because hes going to carry the mcu.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
You guys love seeing a guy in tights with a bulge. Faggots the lot of you.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »

Love high school bulge

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »
Summer is the best for scopin my homies dick prints through their swim trunks

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/27/marvels-kevin-feige-teases-more-sony-crossovers-after-spider-man-deal.html

And...he's back!

Apparently, Sony and Disney remembered they both like money.

Tags: