Author Topic: Week 15 other games  (Read 12537 times)

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
Week 15 other games
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »
Cousins to start for the 'Skins on Sunday, Grossman as the no 2. That means RG3 will be inactive.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Week 15 other games
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
If Kirk Cousins plays well the rest of the way, they're going to get a second rounder for him. 

Houston, Chicago, and Cleveland could be suitors. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
Should we grab him?
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Should we grab him?

I've talked about acquiring him in the past, but we'll get a good look at what he can do during these last three weeks.

Our QB situation will be decided over the last three games.  If Smith falls out again, this team will have to make a relatively big move in another direction - whether it's through a trade, a big FA signing, or in the draft...still all really unclear. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:11:30 PM by Heismanberg »

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
If Kirk Cousins plays well the rest of the way, they're going to get a second rounder for him. 

That's a very big if. If he completely shits the bed, Washington will be lucky the get a pair of used boxers for him.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »
That's a very big if. If he completely shits the bed, Washington will be lucky the get a pair of used boxers for him.

They're taking a big risk putting him out there.  If he sucks it up, they probably won't get anything for him because everyone will view him as a backup. 

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
They're taking a big risk putting him out there.  If he sucks it up, they probably won't get anything for him because everyone will view him as a backup. 

I don't see how it's a big risk when he has an undetermined value right now.

Besides GMs aren't fans. They'll look at multiple factors and if they liked Cousins coming out of college will look at the whole picture.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:09 PM »
I don't see how it's a big risk when he has an undetermined value right now.

It's definitely a huge risk for a number of reasons...more bad than good can come out of this. 

Physical limitations on full display, injury, turnovers...all of these can hurt his trade value for him.

It's better to just let him remain a mystery unless he comes in and tears it up.  Not sure anyone sees that happening on a lame duck team

Besides GMs aren't fans. They'll look at multiple factors and if they liked Cousins coming out of college will look at the whole picture.

The whole picture is very small. 

He was limited physically coming out of Michigan State.  That's why he fell.  There won't be much good to evaluate if he comes in and plays horribly. 

It will be average at best. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:24:26 PM by Heismanberg »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
It's definitely a huge risk for a number of reasons...more bad than good can come out of this. 

Physical limitations on full display, injury, turnovers...all of these can hurt his trade value for him.

It's better to just let him remain a mystery unless he comes in and tears it up.  Not sure anyone sees that happening on a lame duck team

The whole picture is very small. 

He was limited physically coming out of Michigan State.  That's why he fell.  There won't be much good to evaluate if he comes in and plays horribly. 

It will be average at best. 

He got in a couple of starts last year. Didn't really give any definitive evaluation either way. It's only 3 games and against pretty poor defensive units (i.e. Falcons, Cowboys).

Right now his value would be a 3rd maybe? Best case if he performs really well it's a 2nd, if he plays poorly 4th or 5th rounder?  I don't think he can destroy his value any more than that given such a small sample size.

Like I said, the defenses he's playing against help his case.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Right now his value would be a 3rd maybe? Best case if he performs really well it's a 2nd, if he plays poorly 4th or 5th rounder?

I agree with the first part, but I think his floor value is lower than a 4/5 if things don't go well.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
Like I said, the defenses he's playing against help his case.

What if he struggles against these poor defenses? 

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
What if he struggles against these poor defenses? 

But which is more likely? that he looks respectable against poor defenses or that he sucks against them?

I'm just saying it mitigates some of that risk. And the greater risk is RG3 getting hurt again and them giving all those picks to the Rams for damaged goods, if he's not that already.

I think showcasing Cousin's is rather secondary to this, but I don't see it as being a huge risk. He's shown he can be somewhat capable in his limited playing time, so I don't think he's gonna totally excrement the bed. I expect pretty unspectacular stats..... 1:1 int ratio, a couple of hundred yards a game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:59:49 PM by JFIF »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
It's not a risk at all if they don't really plan on trading him. So there's that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
It's not a risk at all if they don't really plan on trading him. So there's that.

I just don't want Kirk Cousins to hurt his knee, because then he'll get into craft beer.  Instant stock killer. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:11:40 PM by Heismanberg »

Tags: