Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 517093 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: TV shows
« Reply #3705 on: December 10, 2020, 10:46:53 PM »
I've only seen something like the first season and a half, but it's one of the few sitcoms I really like.

It's great, it has some slow episodes and seasons but man I love it. It's sick humor.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3706 on: December 10, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3707 on: December 15, 2020, 06:36:24 PM »
Season 5 of the Expanse is live now.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3708 on: December 15, 2020, 06:39:18 PM »
Anyone watching Your Honor?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3709 on: December 15, 2020, 06:49:10 PM »
Banshee still sucks.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3710 on: December 15, 2020, 06:53:35 PM »
Anyone watching Your Honor?

Heard it was whack, but let me know if it's not
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #3711 on: December 17, 2020, 09:36:26 PM »
Oh man.  The Stand is going to make a strong case for worst Stephen King adaptation.  Just laugh-out-loud impossibly bad.

Current crown belongs to that one episode of Nightmares and Dreamscapes with Claire Forlani and Eion Bailey (Webster from Band of Brothers, Paul Rudd's doppelganger).  He's in this.  I really hope Forlani gets a cameo, too. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3712 on: December 17, 2020, 09:45:19 PM »
Heard it was whack, but let me know if it's not

The first episode is really fucked up. The thing I don't like is it's based on a comedy of errors, without giving anything away. If you can get over that part it creates a lot of tension and such.

Cranston is very good at picking and choosing his parts so I will give this plenty of leeway. If I suspend my disbelief over the series of errors than it's really good. If you can't then you're not going to like it much. Basically watch the first episode and see if you can tolerate some suspension of belief. It's kind of like what you had to do at the beginning of Breaking Bad, only just a bit more.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 09:47:07 PM by Miamipuck »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3713 on: December 18, 2020, 06:18:34 PM »
Starting The Flight Attendant. Anyone watch this yet?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3714 on: December 18, 2020, 07:21:19 PM »
Sex Education on Netflix.  Basically a show about high school kids freaking up sex in embarrassing ways.  I'm a hillbilly so I needed the captions for the Brit accents.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3715 on: December 18, 2020, 08:04:05 PM »
Starting The Flight Attendant. Anyone watch this yet?

Yes, it’s good

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3716 on: December 19, 2020, 09:59:16 PM »
Oh man.  The Stand is going to make a strong case for worst Stephen King adaptation.  Just laugh-out-loud impossibly bad.

Current crown belongs to that one episode of Nightmares and Dreamscapes with Claire Forlani and Eion Bailey (Webster from Band of Brothers, Paul Rudd's doppelganger).  He's in this.  I really hope Forlani gets a cameo, too. 

What was so bad about it? 

(Haven't watched it yet, just curious to hear your thoughts)

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #3717 on: December 19, 2020, 11:36:51 PM »
What was so bad about it? 

(Haven't watched it yet, just curious to hear your thoughts)

Acting is terrible.  Tone is all over the place.  Everyone gets these ridiculous-looking, Boss Nass goiter necks from Captain Trips.  Whoopi Goldberg has five seconds as Mother Abigail and it's awful.  Constant flash forwards/backwards.  The Stranger by Billy Joel is Flagg's theme music.  They dragged poor JK Simmons in for one scene to read Stu the Yeats poem during his escape and then off himself (James Marsden does this little stand-at-attention that was my first out loud laugh).  Society falls apart off-screen over the course of two or three scenes with just ham-fisted narration by coughing radio hosts/President. 

The whole thing just has this really amateurish TV movie quality.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:40:33 PM by reuben »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3718 on: December 20, 2020, 12:36:36 AM »
Acting is terrible.  Tone is all over the place.  Everyone gets these ridiculous-looking, Boss Nass goiter necks from Captain Trips.  Whoopi Goldberg has five seconds as Mother Abigail and it's awful.  Constant flash forwards/backwards.  The Stranger by Billy Joel is Flagg's theme music.  They dragged poor JK Simmons in for one scene to read Stu the Yeats poem during his escape and then off himself (James Marsden does this little stand-at-attention that was my first out loud laugh).  Society falls apart off-screen over the course of two or three scenes with just ham-fisted narration by coughing radio hosts/President. 

The whole thing just has this really amateurish TV movie quality.

Hate to hear that because Josh Boone is a huge Stephen King fan and he's adapting The Talisman next.  I was hoping he'd get this (mostly) right.

The kid that plays Harold Lauder was horrible in the first It remake, so it's not surprisingly to hear that the acting sucks.

I am interested to see what Nat Wolff and Jovan Adepo do with their roles.  Skarsgard seemed like a perfect casting for Flagg too.

Everyone gets these ridiculous-looking, Boss Nass goiter necks from Captain Trips

TUBE NECK
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:44:37 AM by Heismanberg »

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #3719 on: December 20, 2020, 01:40:45 AM »
Hate to hear that because Josh Boone is a huge Stephen King fan and he's adapting The Talisman next.  I was hoping he'd get this (mostly) right.

freak, I love The Talisman.