Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 517308 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: TV shows
« Reply #3135 on: December 07, 2019, 08:54:41 PM »
Just started watching Band of Brothers. I’ve had the Blu-ray for 5 years and never gave it a chance. Idk why. I love WWII excrement. This show is amazing.

Yeah, it's incredible, I probably watch it once a year.  Also if you were in that series and didn't become famous you should probably just quit acting altogether. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3136 on: December 07, 2019, 10:07:35 PM »
Yeah, it's incredible, I probably watch it once a year.  Also if you were in that series and didn't become famous you should probably just quit acting altogether. 

Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender have some minor roles in it.

There are also a couple of weird cameos. Simon Pegg has about 5seconds of screen time in episode of 1 or 2. Jimmy Fallon plays some random LT as E company is marching into the forest around Bastogne.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3137 on: December 08, 2019, 12:31:08 AM »
I had a buddy like you SFD, you net him at the tailgate. He was kicking himself for not watching BoB sooner. He just watched it a few months ago. It's straight up the best miniseries I have ever watched.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3138 on: December 08, 2019, 12:35:21 AM »
I don't really have any interest in war movies or historical dramas, but it was pretty good. Years since I've seen it and I never bothered with follow up that was set in the Pacific.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3139 on: December 08, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
I don't really have any interest in war movies or historical dramas, but it was pretty good. Years since I've seen it and I never bothered with follow up that was set in the Pacific.

The Pacific was very well made but it lacked in certain story aspects the BoB had. I don't think you would have liked it nearly as much.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #3140 on: December 08, 2019, 12:49:30 PM »
The Pacific was very well made but it lacked in certain story aspects the BoB had. I don't think you would have liked it nearly as much.

Yeah.  I think a big part of The Pacific's problem is that they cobbled together the story from multiple sources, whereas Band of Brothers was just a straight adaptation of Ambrose's book.   

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #3141 on: December 08, 2019, 12:53:02 PM »
Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender have some minor roles in it.

There are also a couple of weird cameos. Simon Pegg has about 5seconds of screen time in episode of 1 or 2. Jimmy Fallon plays some random LT as E company is marching into the forest around Bastogne.

James McAvoy.  Dominic Cooper.  Apollo from Battlestar Galactica.  That one guy who kinda looks like Paul Rudd but isn't. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3142 on: December 08, 2019, 08:45:06 PM »
Lmao Jimmy Fallon
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3143 on: December 08, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »
Yeah.  I think a big part of The Pacific's problem is that they cobbled together the story from multiple sources, whereas Band of Brothers was just a straight adaptation of Ambrose's book.   

Oh definitely and war isn't puppies and rainbows but man parts of it were really bleak, like apocalypse bleak. The Pacific part of the war was fight to the death crap.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3144 on: December 09, 2019, 06:08:40 PM »
The acting in BoB is superb. I’ve had like 15 different favorite characters so far

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3145 on: December 09, 2019, 06:19:46 PM »
Lt. Speirs is the freaking GOAT

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #3146 on: December 09, 2019, 06:41:00 PM »
Lt. Speirs is the freaking GOAT

Crazy that really happened.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3147 on: December 10, 2019, 02:00:19 AM »
I think Winters said in subsequent interviews that Spiers would have been tried as a war criminal at any point after the war.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3148 on: December 10, 2019, 06:25:26 AM »
Lmaooo Tom Hanks kid is never not hateable. I’m like 1 minute into his first scene

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3149 on: December 10, 2019, 06:25:53 AM »
I think Winters said in subsequent interviews that Spiers would have been tried as a war criminal at any point after the war.

I love it