Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 499018 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #4440 on: March 24, 2020, 11:12:05 AM »
The first reply I saw was someone blaming her and the husband for ingesting it.

I am 100% a "personal responsibility" person, but FFS, you should be able to trust what the most powerful person on the planet says to do in a crisis. The most important part of the job is, you know, leading!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #4441 on: March 24, 2020, 11:23:43 AM »
The first reply I saw was someone blaming her and the husband for ingesting it.

I am 100% a "personal responsibility" person, but FFS, you should be able to trust what the most powerful person on the planet says to do in a crisis. The most important part of the job is, you know, leading!

They didn't take chloroquine, they took chloroquine phosphate, which is fish tank cleaner.

Blaming Drumpf for some Darwin Award winners being stupid is lolworthy

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4442 on: March 24, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »
They didn't take chloroquine, they took chloroquine phosphate, which is fish tank cleaner.

Blaming Drumpf for some Darwin Award winners being stupid is lolworthy

Why would anyone who has zero knowledge of chemistry understand that a specific-sounding chemical, that the President of the United States told them to take, would kill them?

This isn't Darwinism. If someone had listened to that televangelist who told people to gargle bleach to kill the coronavirus, fine, I'd say that's Darwinism. But the President of the United States told people it was okay to ingest something they'd never even heard of.

So what it's aquarium cleaner? If you don't know any better, why wouldn't you think "Well, it doesn't hurt the fish, why would it hurt me? The President said to do it and I want to survive this."?

Again, the most important part of the job is to understand you're the leader and you have to lead.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4443 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
Why would anyone who has zero knowledge of chemistry understand that a specific-sounding chemical, that the President of the United States told them to take, would kill them?

This isn't Darwinism. If someone had listened to that televangelist who told people to gargle bleach to kill the coronavirus, fine, I'd say that's Darwinism. But the President of the United States told people it was okay to ingest something they'd never even heard of.

So what it's aquarium cleaner? If you don't know any better, why wouldn't you think "Well, it doesn't hurt the fish, why would it hurt me? The President said to do it and I want to survive this."?

Again, the most important part of the job is to understand you're the leader and you have to lead.
All 3 are dumbasses.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #4444 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

If this is not the description of a Darwin Award winner, I don't know what is

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4445 on: March 24, 2020, 11:44:59 AM »

It's pretty much textbook Darwinism. If those morons can read Chloro-quinine then surely they can read phosphate after it.

It's like saying nitroglycerin can help prevent heart attacks and some idiot with heart problems swallows a stick of dynamite.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:48:58 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4446 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
Awful takes guys, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4447 on: March 24, 2020, 11:52:18 AM »
Awful takes guys, but whatever helps you sleep at night.
Not nearly as bad as you defending the galactally stupid.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4448 on: March 24, 2020, 01:08:33 PM »
Not nearly as bad as you defending the galactally stupid.

What average joe knows what phosphate is? Admittedly, I don't even know. I hated chem class in high school and did just enough to get through it.

Your example of nitroglycerin and TNT is invalid, because it falls into my bleach example. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know swallowing TNT would be harmful, just like bleach.

But why would most people know what phosphate would do to you?

You know what, I went and Googled "phosphate" and here's the first Q&A result:

What is phosphate used for in the body?
Phosphate is necessary for the formation of bone and teeth. Phosphate is also used as a building block for several important substances, including those used by the cell for energy, cell membranes, and DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid). The body obtains phosphate from foods and excretes it in urine and sometimes stool.

Doesn't sound bad at all.

Again, the President of the United States a person who if he doesn't know the answer should get the answer first, said a bunch of words on TV and people took it as sound advice.

It's a terrible take to blame those people for following what they understood to be the advice of the leader of the entire nation, who should freaking know better.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4449 on: March 24, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
If you don't know what it is, don't eat it. Probably shouldn't stick it up your derriere either.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #4450 on: March 24, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
What average joe knows what phosphate is? Admittedly, I don't even know. I hated chem class in high school and did just enough to get through it.

Your example of nitroglycerin and TNT is invalid, because it falls into my bleach example. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know swallowing TNT would be harmful, just like bleach.

But why would most people know what phosphate would do to you?

You know what, I went and Googled "phosphate" and here's the first Q&A result:

Doesn't sound bad at all.

Again, the President of the United States a person who if he doesn't know the answer should get the answer first, said a bunch of words on TV and people took it as sound advice.

It's a terrible take to blame those people for following what they understood to be the advice of the leader of the entire nation, who should freaking know better.

Here, instead of a hypothetical let's quote what actually happened according to WaPo:

In Maricopa County, Ariz., a couple in their 60s watched politicians and news anchors on TV tout chloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that has shown the ability to disrupt some viruses but that has not yet been proved effective against the novel coronavirus.

That pharmaceutical name matched the label on a bottle of chemicals they used to clean their koi pond, NBC News reported. The fish tank solvent that treats aquatic parasites contains the same active ingredient as the drug, but in a different form that can poison people.

“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?’ ” the wife, who was not named, told the network. “We were afraid of getting sick.”

The couple reportedly poured some of the fish tank cleaning chemical, chloroquine phosphate, into soda and drank it. They hoped it would stave off a coronavirus infection.

“Within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects” that sent them to the emergency room, a Banner Health spokeswoman said in a statement Monday. They felt dizzy and started vomiting. The husband died at the hospital, and the wife is under critical care, according to the statement.

I'm a bit more sympathetic towards this, but it's still Darwinian

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4451 on: March 24, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
In fairness, the husband has very successfully staved off any chance of his contracting the coronavirus.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4452 on: March 24, 2020, 02:54:40 PM »
Here, instead of a hypothetical let's quote what actually happened according to WaPo:

I'm a bit more sympathetic towards this, but it's still Darwinian

Look, it wasn't a great idea, and when I heard all the nonsense about some supposed chemicals that helped "cure" the virus I didn't even pay attention because "C'mon" but as the article said, these people saw the same chemical being touted as some miracle. They probably figured "It doesn't kill my fragile-derriere fish, so it must be okay."

Gargling bleach is Darwinian. Not understanding chemical compounds is not Darwinian. And that's a hill I'll die on.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4453 on: March 24, 2020, 03:20:10 PM »
thats probly why trump was touting it, so he could get these idiots to drink it and die, thus saving his precious numbers of infected

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4454 on: March 24, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
thats probly why trump was touting it, so he could get these idiots to drink it and die, thus saving his precious numbers of infected

Killing your supporters isn't good for a re-election campaign, although it would be funny to see him go full Jim Jones.
A cross-dressing limey poofter