Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 498671 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #2220 on: May 16, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »
Then stop talking about the 'left' and ;leftists' as some monolith. Figure out some freaking nuance in your criticism.s
You really should listen to this guy mj.  He has a fair point.

Back to the the liberal MSM myth.  The most watched MSM network is Fox News.  It might have been a thing a decade ago, but the right wing gets the most viewers and listeners since Obama took office.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2221 on: May 17, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2222 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »

Lolll
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2223 on: May 17, 2017, 08:43:31 AM »
Pence would be far less entertaining than trump and probably just as bad
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2224 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »
I think Pence is a robot.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2225 on: May 17, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
Pence has cunty religious views on everything, but the chances of him accidentally causing a war are astronomically less.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2226 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
Then stop talking about the 'left' and ;leftists' as some monolith. Figure out some freaking nuance in your criticism.s

It's like you cherry picked a quote without then reading the follow up, repeating instead the same thing you've been saying for three pages while offering nothing else besides an apparent disdain for the terms that I use.

Just out of curiosity, how many examples would I find if I were to go back and cherry pick of everyone on this board making a blanket statement about the right, voters of Trump etc?  I mean, sure it doesn't excuse my behavior, but I think its fair to say I'm a little outnumbered around these parts and getting defensive is fairly natural.

Back to the the liberal MSM myth.  The most watched MSM network is Fox News.  It might have been a thing a decade ago, but the right wing gets the most viewers and listeners since Obama took office.

You ever think that maybe FoxNews is the most watched network because they've found a vacancy in the marketplace and capitalized on it? I think people that rely on FoxNews for their actual substantive news are ludicrous, but at the same time, you have all of these liberal outlets whether in print or tv fighting for one half of the population, while for better or worse (as a sidenote, would it be fair to say when someone says "for better or worse" it ALWAYS means worse?) Fox is identified as the leader in presenting...whatever they present from a "conservative" bend. Again, aside from the occasional viewing of Tucker depending on his guest, or Gutfeld, I don't watch Fox, or really any cable news. The only cable "infotainment" I've seen in the last two weeks was the Cooper-Conway interview on CNN last week, which was a total clusterfuck on both sides.

Pence is so much more beatable in a national election. That's the entirety IMHO of where the preference comes from. No one who wants Trump "IMPEACHED REEEEE" gives a excrement about ceding control to a leading power figure within the dying religious right because they know those are the easiest people to trounce in a national election. No one is considering that two more SCOTUS seats in the next three years might open up, and if they thought Gorsuch was bad I could only imagine who'd be on a President Pence's shortlist.

It's the same reason why once the left successfully identified Cruz with said group, Hillary would've actually beaten him in a national election. Easiest way to produce apathy among the more socially moderate to liberal conservatives, and especially the libertarians that hold their nose and vote Republican.

Pence has cunty religious views on everything, but the chances of him accidentally causing a war are astronomically less.

Considering how Trump handled the Syrian situation (after prophecies of  WW3) and considering the fact that we still don't know the level of information that Trump shared with the Russians (those Trump boosters at NBC haven't backed off that this info was related to ISIS utilizing laptops in airline attacks which is something that's apparently common knowledge), while you're right that Pence isn't more likely to "accidentally" start a war, the chances of him deliberately starting a war are higher, especially when you consider that Pence has a much better relationship with, and listens to the McCain's of Congress who just want to bomb bomb bomb, bombombombomb and their hawkish view on foreign policy.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2227 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »
we still don't know the level of information that Trump shared with the Russians (those Trump boosters at NBC haven't backed off that this info was related to ISIS utilizing laptops in airline attacks which is something that's apparently common knowledge)

As I understand it, the issue is that Trump added additional information related to the origin of the intelligence which in turn potentially compromises significant foreign intelligence assets (believed to be Israeli). Given Russia's ties to Iran, if it is the Israelis who gave that info to the US intel community then it's easy to see why this is a very awkward position that Trump has now created.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2228 on: May 17, 2017, 10:27:12 AM »
Guess who's visiting Israel next week.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2229 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »

Presumably to have another go at building the Trump Hotel Tel Aviv after he got slapped down in court following the failure of the last attempt.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2230 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:58 AM »
It's like you cherry picked a quote without then reading the follow up, repeating instead the same thing you've been saying for three pages while offering nothing else besides an apparent disdain for the terms that I use.

Yeah, the follow-up where you call Elizabeth Warren "Lieawatha"? I don't have any patience for that level of bullshit buried in platitudes about how intelligently you manage to criticize Republicans occasionally too.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2231 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »
Major Garrett @MajorCBS
"No politician in history....has been treated worse or more unfairly." @POTUS today, describing himself, at @USCG commencement speech.

Someone needs a safe space.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2232 on: May 17, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
Someone needs a safe space.

From a guy whose Twitter feed is full of attacks on a President he claimed was a Muslim born in a foreign nation.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2233 on: May 17, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »

Why's that bad?
"Wrong!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2234 on: May 17, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »
Why's that bad?

Israel is supposedly the source of the information Trump leaked to the Russians.