Author Topic: NY Jets draft and reconstruction  (Read 112526 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: NY Jets draft and reconstruction
« Reply #735 on: February 21, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
if e.g. a Rodrigo Blakenship were still available would you consider using the 2nd 6th round pick on him (or go  FA to challenge Sam Ficken)?     

I want Rodrigo

A kicker that wears sports specs.  Get it done.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #736 on: February 21, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
I could see a scenario albeit a limited one where he is BPA and there is t really and offensive option

1. Burrow
2. Young
3 Okudah
4. Wills
5. Tua
6. Becton
7. Wirfs
8. Jeudy
9. Lamb
10. Thomas

That is about as worst case a scenario as possible for us, and I can easily see Simmons (or another defender) being top guy on the board by a considerable amount.

Then it's essentially a lock.  If there's one thing I learned in being a Jets is always expect the WCS to always happen.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #737 on: February 21, 2020, 10:20:37 AM »
I could see a scenario albeit a limited one where he is BPA and there is t really and offensive option

1. Burrow
2. Young
3 Okudah
4. Wills
5. Tua
6. Becton
7. Wirfs
8. Jeudy
9. Lamb
10. Thomas

That is about as worst case a scenario as possible for us, and I can easily see Simmons (or another defender) being top guy on the board by a considerable amount.

Take Ruggs and go score some points

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #738 on: February 21, 2020, 10:22:12 AM »
Then it's essentially a lock.  If there's one thing I learned in being a Jets is always expect the WCS to always happen.

Not really in the draft. Every year, somehow we watch the best player fall into our laps. Then we freak up everything else but in terms of luck, we can't really complain.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #739 on: February 21, 2020, 10:30:56 AM »

1. Burrow
2. Young
3 Okudah
4. Wills
5. Tua
6. Becton
7. Wirfs
8. Jeudy
9. Lamb
10. Thomas

It might not be that bad of a scenario when you consider Oakland, Tampa (depending on if they retain Jameis or decide the play is to sign Rivers for two years and develop someone behind him) or Indy might both look to move up to 11 to take Herbert.

I also think if this scenario plays out where there's such a tackle run by pick 7 that Douglas might try to move up to 8 using the 3rd we got from the Giants in order to nab his choice of remaining talent on the offensive line.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #740 on: February 21, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »
if e.g. a Rodrigo Blakenship were still available would you consider using the 2nd 6th round pick on him (or go  FA to challenge Sam Ficken)?     

Dude looks like he knows how to make a great skinny soy late but doesn't think you're sophisticated enough to appreciate it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #741 on: February 21, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
not high on Andrew Thomas?

He went at 10 to cleveland in my scenario...

I'm with Mex on this one. The number of times we got a guy we never expected a shot at in the past decade is pretty high. Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Mo Wilkerson, Kyle Wilson (we were all thrilled on draft day, even if it didn't work out), Sanchez. I mean all of those guys were longshots to end up Jets, and yet they all did.

It might not be that bad of a scenario when you consider Oakland, Tampa (depending on if they retain Jameis or decide the play is to sign Rivers for two years and develop someone behind him) or Indy might both look to move up to 11 to take Herbert.

I also think if this scenario plays out where there's such a tackle run by pick 7 that Douglas might try to move up to 8 using the 3rd we got from the Giants in order to nab his choice of remaining talent on the offensive line.

I agree on count 1, if Herbert is still on the board, somebody is going to try and jump up. I actually imagine it would be Miami jumping up to 10, since they would never trade with us.

As for us moving up, I just don't see it happening. I think that Douglas will hold his water, in hopes somebody of the top 4 OT's falls, and if they don't he tries to drop back to recoup some value, or goes and grabs the top playmaker on his board, even if it isn't an offensive stud. Particularly if he believes a lock down CB is available.

I want Rodrigo

He needs to be squarely on the top of our board once we enter the 6th.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #742 on: February 21, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »
Take Ruggs and go score some points
Do you think Ruggs works better as a Robby replacement or alongside Robby? I know they arent the same player. If we had both together, our offensive speed would all of a sudden be off the charts.

I haven't watched much film on any of these guys besides what I saw in college but we need to get at least 1 wr in the first 2 days. I have no problem if that's at 11 and i have no problem if that's Ruggs.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #743 on: February 21, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »
Do you think Ruggs works better as a Robby replacement or alongside Robby? I know they arent the same player. If we had both together, our offensive speed would all of a sudden be off the charts.

I haven't watched much film on any of these guys besides what I saw in college but we need to get at least 1 wr in the first 2 days. I have no problem if that's at 11 and i have no problem if that's Ruggs.

I’d love to have both.

Ruggs is a much better route runner than I thought he’d be.

He’s a YAC machine which compliments Anderson’s game.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #744 on: February 21, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »
I want Rodrigo

Since we're overhauling the kicking department, who can replace Lach Edwards once someone backs up the truck for him?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #745 on: February 21, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
I’d love to have both.

Ruggs is a much better route runner than I thought he’d be.

He’s a YAC machine which compliments Anderson’s game.

When are you going to start up your positional rankings threads this year?
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #746 on: February 21, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
Since we're overhauling the kicking department, who can replace Lach Edwards once someone backs up the truck for him?

I heard this xfl dude Marquette King is pretty good

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #747 on: February 22, 2020, 01:52:18 AM »
I heard this xfl dude Marquette King is pretty good

Mike Vanderjagt as a punter.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #748 on: February 22, 2020, 07:51:35 AM »
When are you going to start up your positional rankings threads this year?

right meow

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #749 on: February 22, 2020, 09:42:46 PM »

Braden Mann, A&M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSse2wgJZ58

Tags: