Author Topic: NY Jets draft and reconstruction  (Read 111443 times)

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: NY Jets draft and reconstruction
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 10:22:38 AM »
Who would you guys keep if it comes to that, Sheldon or Marshall?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »

Definitely keep Marshall. Not like we're deep on WR.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
Sheldon doesn't fit here anymore on many levels.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Probably Marshall but really don't want either.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »
Eh, probably neither. On a semi unrelated note, I hate the way Brando Marshall speaks. People always commend him as an on-air personality but to me he comes off as a dumbass trying to sound smart.

Not that what he says is wrong or stupid but more-so the tone and inflections in his voice

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »

Eh, probably neither. On a semi unrelated note, I hate the way Brando Marshall speaks. People always commend him as an on-air personality but to me he comes off as a dumbass trying to sound smart.

Not that what he says is wrong or stupid but more-so the tone and inflections in his voice

Part of me just think we can somehow recreate the magic of 2016, but considering Marshall's age, and that we're going nowhere next season, might be a good idea to get rid of him and use that cap space elsewhere.
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »
Gotta build for the future. Hate to say it but I don't think next year is our year either. We're not winning anything with the way the roster is currently constructed. I'd like to make sure we have a solid foundation built by the time Tom Brady is done.

A veteran QB does nothing but let us tread water next year. I want no part of Cutler or Romo. Glendon is the only option that would interest me but he should get a Brock Osweiler type contract. Time to let Hackenberg and Petty play and start thinking about plan B if they don't look like they are developing.

Build the Oline.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
I think everyone agrees that the OL is the optimum starting point for our offseason rebuild, but it does seem like the options with which to do that in both FA and the draft are pretty slim. Ruling out a great trade or hitting lucky on a mid/late pick, we might have little choice but to look to internal development of the players we already have and focus our rebuilding efforts on areas with good options available - RB, CB, LB. It's one of the reasons I'm still highest on Kaepernick, he isn't entirely dependent upon a reliable pocket and makes defenses have to worry about him making plays on the run. Pair him with a drafted RB and Powell/Forte, and together with our young and improving WR corps I think we could have an offense that might not be winning Super Bowls, but will at least be capable of keeping opposing defenses on their toes despite a questionable OL.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
We can highlight different groups but most important thing is to select at least 3 starters/long term players in these upcoming drafts. The talent on this team is lacking.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
It's one of the reasons I'm still highest on Kaepernick, he isn't entirely dependent upon a reliable pocket and makes defenses have to worry about him making plays on the run. Pair him with a drafted RB and Powell/Forte, and together with our young and improving WR corps I think we could have an offense that might not be winning Super Bowls, but will at least be capable of keeping opposing defenses on their toes despite a questionable OL.

But the same can be said about Tyrod Taylor and yet you don't like him at all...

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »
But the same can be said about Tyrod Taylor and yet you don't like him at all...

It's because JE is unamerican

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

He's wildly inaccurate, makes bad decisions and hasn't been to a Super Bowl. I don't know if Kaepernick will ever be that good again, but he has at least shown in the past that he has the capability to be. I believe we've seen both players' ceilings and Kaep's is massively higher.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
He's wildly inaccurate, makes bad decisions and hasn't been to a Super Bowl. I don't know if Kaepernick will ever be that good again, but he has at least shown in the past that he has the capability to be. I believe we've seen both players' ceilings and Kaep's is massively higher.

Uff, I don't know man. Look at their stats in the last two years.

Kaep 19 games, 19 TD 8 INT 57% completion
Tyrod 29 games, 37 TD 12 INT 62.7% completion

Even in rushing yards Tyrod leads Kaep 1148-724

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:11 PM »
The saddest thing about those stats is that they really highlight how excrement Fitzpatrick was last year.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »
Uff, I don't know man. Look at their stats in the last two years.

Kaep 19 games, 19 TD 8 INT 57% completion
Tyrod 29 games, 37 TD 12 INT 62.7% completion

Even in rushing yards Tyrod leads Kaep 1148-724

Yes, I fully accept that Kaep hasn't been very good in the last couple of years. I'm basing my view on the fact that he's not exactly been put in a great position to succeed, and hoping that a change of scenery will help him rediscover the form he showed prior to that. I absolutely would not argue that it's a punt, but I think someone's going to overpay Taylor and I don't think he's ever going to be very good. Kaep might not be either, but he's likely cheaper and his ceiling is higher.

Tags: