Author Topic: NY Jets draft and reconstruction  (Read 112832 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: NY Jets draft and reconstruction
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
1. Richardson is a bum
2. Duffs record says otherwise
3. The Jets aren't good anyway.
4. Whiner
5. SOJF

1. We traded a Hall of Famer for the Richardson pick
2. Everyone got fired
3. We still suck
4. Mario Bros Mustache
5. Florida Fagg*t
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
2. Everyone got fired
3. We still suck
4. Mario Bros Mustache
5. Florida Fagg*t

1. They're both bums.
2. Duff is still here.
3. Duh.
4. Gay earrings.
5. Pot meet kettle, one New Jersey bundle of sticks to the Florida bundle of sticks.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »
Tyrod Taylor would struggle to do half of what Ryan Fitzpatrick did for this team as a stopgap in 2015.  This team needs to find a longterm starter at the position.  Taylor is a limited passer and you can't consistently win in this league with him. 

We need to give Christian Hackenberg a chance in 2016.  If things don't go well, we'll have a shot at Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, or Josh Allen. 
I think Tyrod has a chance to be a good game manager at QB. He's barely turned the ball over in 2 years, and the few times he had healthy wide receivers, he put up pretty big passing numbers. I don't view him as the Jets' starter for the next 6 years, but I think he would buy us 2-3 years to develop someone.

If Hackenberg is good enough to start next year, that would clearly be the best option. I have no idea if he is good enough to start next year. My guess based on how this past season played out, along with his college tape, is no.

I think the most likely option is that we have Hack, Petty and a veteran QB compete for the job. The quality of the QB (and the money that they pay that QB) will tell us what they think of Hackenberg in the short term.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 02:41:34 PM »
I wonder if Eric Studesville has any interest in Jay Cutler...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
I wonder if Eric Studesville has any interest in Jay Cutler...

At running back? 

Maybe.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26:08 AM »
2. Everyone got fired
3. We still suck
4. Mario Bros Mustache
5. Florida Fagg*t

At least you're finally admitting we didn't trade Revis for Milliner. Progress.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 09:20:26 AM »
QB: I'm with Heismanberg: it's time for Hackenberg to sink or swim. You get one (none) redshirt year in the NFL.

RB: Draft one. I like Powell a lot and have for a long time. I care little about Forte given he was completely misused. Who knows with a new OC?

OL: The most important position to fill on this team apart from QB. I'd like to bring Clady back on an incentive-based deal. I'd like to bring Winters back as well. If not, and Mangold comes back at a reasonable price, move Johnson to guard. Shell's next year's starting RT at this point. Carpenter obviously stays. Later Breno.

WR: If one falls in their lap in the draft, go ahead. I'm not convinced Smith will ever be healthy, and I've already said I don't believe any of the other young guys are #1 talents. I'd still bring back Marshall and Decker if they take paycuts.

TE: I felt like ASJ did nothing to impress but he should come back and let's see what we have. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting one.

DL: Good-bye Sheldon. He's got to go. If for nothing else, he's a locker room cancer. Take whatever you can get for him. Wilkerson, Williams, and McClendon are next year's starters, and Simon looks like real depth.

OLB: Get a damn pass rusher. Do it early in the draft or sign one through free agency. This is the team's next biggest need after OL and QB. We have depth players at the position. Get a damn starter.

ILB: Harris can come back at a lower salary or not. I don't care either way. I want to see Lee mature into Harris' spot for good though.

CB: Just behind OLB on my list. I can't stand the idea of drafting yet another first round corner, but I'd be okay with it this year. Williams can GTFO. I would be okay with Skrine staying exclusively as a slot corner, but I'd probably cut him if I were GM. He looks lost. Burris is the only "starter" I feel we have right now and he's a #2.

S: Revis should only be in green and white next year if he comes back for $8M or less and moves to safety. I think he'd be fine at FS and if they can improve the play at corner, I think Pryor is fine as a box safety. I don't mind addressing this position in free agency or the draft though.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »
I'd be interested in keeping Clady on a cheap deal.  We could do worse.  If he's healthy, I think he's average.  I worry more abut his health than any deterioration of play.  At this point, I'd be happy with an average LT.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:29:18 AM by bojanglesman »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »
QB: I'm with Heismanberg: it's time for Hackenberg to sink or swim. You get one (none) redshirt year in the NFL.

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
I'd be interested in keeping Clady on a cheap deal.  We could do worse. If he's healthy, I think he's average.  I worry more abut his health than any deterioration of play.  At this point, I'd be happy with an average LT.

You would have a better chance to be Denzel Washington's stunt double than Clady being healthy.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:46:32 AM by Miamipuck »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »

Fair point, but Hackenberg doesn't have a Hall of Famer in front of him.  Same reason you can sit on Garapolololpolo for 3 years.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 10:08:48 AM »
I'd be interested in keeping Clady on a cheap deal.  We could do worse.  If he's healthy, I think he's average.  I worry more abut his health than any deterioration of play.  At this point, I'd be happy with an average LT.

That's why I'm in favor of an incentive based deal. He plays the reps, he gets paid. He likely won't make a lot, but at least if we draft someone they don't have to start day 1.

Fair point, but Hackenberg doesn't have a Hall of Famer in front of him.  Same reason you can sit on Garapolololpolo for 3 years.

This would've been my response too. Hackenberg had Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty ahead of him, not Brett Favre.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
At least you're finally admitting we didn't trade Revis for Milliner. Progress.

We still could have drafted Richardson without trading Revis, which was my point all along...because it's true.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »
Heismanberg.....Hackenberg

I'm already confused. Cut him.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »
I'm already confused. Cut him.

Huh, I never thought about that before.

Tags: