Author Topic: Jets try to ruin Christmas, LEG it out 30-28  (Read 1865 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Jets try to ruin Christmas, LEG it out 30-28
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2023, 09:13:38 PM »
How many coaches "have impact" on both sides of the ball, and how is that determined?

Demeco Ryans, Offensive Rookie of the Year
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2023, 09:55:54 PM »
Demeco Ryans, Offensive Rookie of the Year
It's funny/sad because the Ryans plan was exactly our plan.

I assume you're joking or half-joking, but Slowik is getting HC job offers because of the job he's done with Stroud.

The hope was that MLF would be our version of Slowik, but Stroud looks like a star and Wilson is a bust. What percentage of Stroud's success and Wilson's failure has to do with Slowik/MLF is hard for any of us to know.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2023, 10:42:24 PM »
It's funny/sad because the Ryans plan was exactly our plan.

I assume you're joking or half-joking, but Slowik is getting HC job offers because of the job he's done with Stroud.

The hope was that MLF would be our version of Slowik, but Stroud looks like a star and Wilson is a bust. What percentage of Stroud's success and Wilson's failure has to do with Slowik/MLF is hard for any of us to know.

Stroud and Stafford are probably better than Zach Wilson
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2023, 10:44:38 PM »
The top defensive talent will be a couple of edge rushers and we don’t need one of those.

Graham Barton, Taliese Fuaga, and Amarius Mims will probably be our best options.

Which was my point. If we go defensive in round one, we had better have gotten an extra first rounder, and spent at least $100 million on the offense.

I don’t know much about the guys you just listed, but going based on the name test alone, none seem as though they will be great NFL players. And given our draft history this decade, the name test seems almost as valid as any other scouting system the Jets have tried.
Need a new one for a new board...

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2023, 11:22:06 PM »
Don't tell me you "want a CEO type of head coach" and then complain that the head coach doesn't meddle enough with the co-ordinators.
I mean the issue is hes been a shitty CEO lol

Part of that is staffing and he's selected a horrible staff twice in 2 yrs on the one side that's holding us back

I'm more amused that Saleh has taken some low key shots at JD for forcing him to go out and take media bullets at PCs for the fact JD basically punted on the season after week 1 lol .

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2023, 11:44:21 PM »
I mean

The OL is so bad even the 3rd or 4th OT is an upgrade

And prognosticating draft excrement is pointless till FA ends

I just pray we don't trade for adams

Don't want to burn capital for that contract for a 30+ yr old wr

Got no problem paying people but trading premium capital and paying top dollar

No thanks.

If it's the last viable option because everything else fails fine but 2024 picks are off the table lol

Anyways

I'd rather win and not make players like Breece and Garrett want to flee as fast as possible in 2025/26

What's just more aggravating is the fact we barely deserved to win . If Brissett played all 4 qtrs we probably lose

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2023, 11:52:28 PM »

Also a stark reminder JD excrement the bed with this QB room

Go get Brissett and a 4th rd qb and fix this next yr

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2023, 12:23:27 AM »
Also

Merry Christmas......you filthy animals

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2023, 05:01:12 AM »

What's just more aggravating is the fact we barely deserved to win . If Brissett played all 4 qtrs we probably lose

I don’t know why you guys keep saying this. We were one Siemian bonehead INT away from blowing them out. If that play is at least a FG, all this argument would have been moot

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2023, 06:32:01 AM »
I don’t know why you guys keep saying this. We were one Siemian bonehead INT away from blowing them out. If that play is at least a FG, all this argument would have been moot
Lol no
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2023, 09:08:45 AM »
Because people would rather be angry than rational.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2023, 09:13:02 AM »
The most frustrating parts were the defense letting Brissett drive the full length of the field twice and score TDs and the long runs they had just dragging our defenders down the field while making half-assed efforts at tackling.  The rest of their points were short field scores.

We got points on turnovers too, so it still should have been a close game, but with half the points. 20-14 or so.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 09:26:53 AM by bojanglesman »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »

Everything you said is right. But when the reverse happens for us, it never works that way. When our defense gets turnovers we can’t do excrement with the,. Look at Miami round one, pick 6 follow by another interception, and somehow we ended up going into the half down by more than if no one had scored at all in the final 3 minutes. One int shouldn’t completely turn a game on its head for an opponent when we can’t do the same ourselves. Our defense needs 4 turnovers to keep us in games, while our offense giving away one is the death knell to our entire chances.

That’s why no one believes in that argument, even though everything you said is right. It’s also why Saleh coaches to have the QB not freak up / take chances.
Need a new one for a new board...

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2023, 05:13:54 PM »
Everything you said is right. But when the reverse happens for us, it never works that way. When our defense gets turnovers we can’t do excrement with the,. Look at Miami round one, pick 6 follow by another interception, and somehow we ended up going into the half down by more than if no one had scored at all in the final 3 minutes. One int shouldn’t completely turn a game on its head for an opponent when we can’t do the same ourselves. Our defense needs 4 turnovers to keep us in games, while our offense giving away one is the death knell to our entire chances.

That’s why no one believes in that argument, even though everything you said is right. It’s also why Saleh coaches to have the QB not freak up / take chances.

Because the team is not in the right frame of mind now. We were down 14 against the Chiefs, we almost turned it around. We were down 13 against the Bills, we turned it around. We were down 11 against the Eagles, we turned it around. The mental part plays a big role in professional sports.

Tags: