Author Topic: Woody (un)relinquishes control of the Jets  (Read 12282 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Woody relinquishes control of the Jets
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »
The London Jets by 2020.

"The two teams formed the New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (now MetLife Stadium Company), a 50/50 joint venture, to build and operate the stadium. The two teams leased the parcel of land on which the stadium stands from the NJSEA for a 25-year term, with options to extend it which could eventually reach 97 years. After the 15th year of the lease, and every five years, hence; one of the 2 teams may opt out of the lease after giving the state 12 months notice. However, if one team leaves for a new stadium, the other team would have to remain for the remainder of the lease."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:04:40 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:34 PM »
"The two teams formed the New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC (now MetLife Stadium Company), a 50/50 joint venture, to build and operate the stadium. The two teams leased the parcel of land on which the stadium stands from the NJSEA for a 25-year term, with options to extend it which could eventually reach 97 years. After the 15th year of the lease, and every five years, hence; one of the 2 teams may opt out of the lease after giving the state 12 months notice. However, if one team leaves for a new stadium, the other team would have to remain for the remainder of the lease."
So in 2025 we could freak over the Giants and leave in them in that big derriere air conditioner stadium holding their jocks?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 09:10:53 PM »
West side stadium 2025!
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 09:11:55 PM »
So in 2025 we could freak over the Giants and leave in them in that big derriere air conditioner stadium holding their jocks?

That's the way I interpreted it. Not sure where we would be playing though. As much as I think the stadium sucks, it's brand new and brings in more money than any other stadium would. Especially when you factor in the geographic location.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 09:16:49 PM »
That's the way I interpreted it. Not sure where we would be playing though. As much as I think the stadium sucks, it's brand new and brings in more money than any other stadium would. Especially when you factor in the geographic location.
Maybe Ambassador Woody can try again to build his own stadium on the lower west side of Manhattan while we bid for the Olympics again.  Hell, he'll be dead by then.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
This almost certainly won't matter to the team, but it would be pretty cool if it opened a door to Curtis Martin eventually fulfilling his dream of being an owner. He would be at the top of the list for most beloved owners in sports if he owned the Jets.

I know, it's just wishful thinking.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2017, 11:33:33 AM »
West side stadium 2025!
Too bad they're building some other bullshit there.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
Too bad they're building some other bullshit there.

Yeah I was around there the other day. Unless they develop the stadium over the Hudson there really is no room for it.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »
Yeah I was around there the other day. Unless they develop the stadium over the Hudson there really is no room for it.
Floating stadium?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2017, 12:07:38 PM »
SBTJ

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »
The Jets should be either in Flushing Meadow or where the Nassau Coliseum is anyway.

I wanted the Jets to come back to NY, but the only appeal of a West Side Stadium was that it would have gotten us the Olympics and generated that revenue. Otherwise, they belong in Queens/Long Island where the majority of their fanbase lives.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

The Jets should be either in Flushing Meadow or where the Nassau Coliseum is anyway.

I wanted the Jets to come back to NY, but the only appeal of a West Side Stadium was that it would have gotten us the Olympics and generated that revenue. Otherwise, they belong in Queens/Long Island where the majority of their fanbase lives.

The fanbase has expanded since the old days of Jets/Mets connection. I don't really like going to games anyway so I don't care.
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 01:56:56 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Woody (un)relinquishes control of the Jets
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »
So glad to have new reasons to hate him in the coming months.

You should be estactic that he is back to replace the guy who made Adam Gase the face of the franchise

Tags: