Author Topic: Texans fire Gary Kubiak  (Read 9176 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Texans fire Gary Kubiak
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
I did that a long time ago.

When Ryan gets fired, I will enjoy your tears more than anyone's...

I'm realistic, I realize it's greater than 50 50 he's gone at this point. As long as we keep Coples Wilkerson Richardson and Davis the defense will be easy to love even without Rex.

You've just gone off the edge as hardcore Same Old Jets Fan this season. It's like everything this team does is terrible, and we were always doomed to fail.

We beat a great team and it's either luck, or injuries, or magic, or we just didn't deserve it.

Everyone knew this team wouldn't be great this year, but you just try to make it like this team is horrible at everything and nothing positive ever happens. As a result these boards have been unusually depressing

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »
We beat a great team and it's either luck, or injuries, or magic, or we just didn't deserve it.

Do you think the Jets are better than New England and New Orleans? 

Please, tell me more about how I'm a Same Old Jets Fan just because I think the current team sucks.  The same team that's progressively gotten worse over the last three seasons...the same team that got blown out by the Buffalo Bills. 

The Jets are horrible at everything except for the defensive line and Chris Ivory.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:21:53 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »

Please, tell me more about how I'm a Same Old Jets Fan just because I think the current team sucks.  The same team that's progressively gotten worse over the last three seasons...the same team that got blown out by the Buffalo Bills. 

The Jets are horrible at everything except for the defensive line and Chris Ivory.

No,  nobody does. Yet we beat them both. Because as bad as this Jets team is,  they are probably better at beating significantly more talented teams than any other team in the league.

That doesn't mean we should harp about how shitty this team is after incredible wins. Wow Jets just beat a top 5 team, they freaking suck. Stupid talentless lucky team. It sounds stupid.

This team has gotten worse, but QB and injuries is a HUGE part of that. Had Holmes, Keller, Sanchez, Hill, Kerley,  Revis not had major injury issues the last two seasons wouldn't we have been significantly better right now and last year?

Two top 5 teams lost to the "shitty Jets" this season "because" of key injuries. So why don't our major injuries count either? This team has issues, I'm not pretending we don't. And Rex does more than his fair share of freak ups.

But let me ask you this honestly. Do you think this team would have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row if it wasn't for key injuries to the most important players on our team?

And if you're having a hard time answering that look at the first and second half of the patriots season for help.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »

And kicking field goals.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
And kicking field goals.

Nick Folk is the man

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
Do you think this team would have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row if it wasn't for key injuries to the most important players on our team?

Do I think we would've missed the playoffs in 2012 with a healthy Revis and Holmes?  Probably, because this team isn't very good.

"if rex had a top 31 QB, we'd go 16-0!!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
Do I think we would've missed the playoffs in 2012 with a healthy Revis and Holmes?  Probably, because this team isn't very good.

"if rex had a top 31 QB, we'd go 16-0!!"

I'm just saying you can't completley blame Rex for the talent drop off when our 123 wrs and 1 te almost completely missed two seasons in a row.  Yet we still won 6+ games both years

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm just saying you can't completley blame Rex for the talent drop off when our 123 wrs and 1 te almost completely missed two seasons in a row.  Yet we still won 6+ games both years

Yes, I can. 

His solution for improving the wideout position was Derrick Mason and a washed up Braylon Edwards.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Yes, I can. 

His solution for improving the wideout position was Derrick Mason and a washed up Braylon Edwards.

What offensive weapons did our new GM get him for this year?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
What offensive weapons did our new GM get him for this year?

Well, he did acquire our best offensive player:  Chris Ivory

And with limited cap space, he signed Mike Goodson (RIP), Kellen Winslow, and Josh Cribbs (RIP)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »

And with limited cap space, he signed Mike Goodson (RIP), Kellen Winslow, and Josh Cribbs (RIP)

So yes he got us a two rbs, no wrs, and a significant downgrade at TE.

And Mason was a desperation signing in august.  Again im not absolving Rex, theres nobody on these boards who thinks he did a good job with the offense.

Im just not naive enough to think hes all of the Jets problems.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »

Wait.

wait

Wait

Chris Ivory is our best offensive player?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
Based on 2013 performance, who else would it be?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
Based on 2013 performance, who else would it be?

Clyde Gates
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »
Josh Cribbs. Best QB on the roster.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: