Author Topic: Week 14 other games  (Read 18504 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Week 14 other games
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »
Hill and Thomas had pretty comparable first seasons. Thomas pulled a little further ahead in his second year but still didn't do anything of note until Manning in 2012.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »
I just don't get why the team thought that project offensive players were a good idea, especially when your starting QB isn't elite. The Hill pick would make more sense for a team like the Patriots, but with Mark Sanchez behind center?

You take the most talented player whether he's NFL ready or not.  It's not like we were a contender last year either way.

We all loved the Hill pick at the time.  Jeffery looks like the better player but that doesn't mean Hill will turn out bad himself...still too early to tell.

Through the first 3 games this season before he got injured he had 13 receptions for 233 yards.  That's on pace for 69 catches, 1243 yards.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:29:43 AM by 624 »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
First off Hill needs an NFL QB throwing to him. How can anyone call him a bust or not. It takes a deep threat a little longer to get open. You think Geno is the type of QB to make that read deep? F-no he doesn't have the football IQ to make Hill a legitimate threat. That's why Kerley is so vital, he gets open quickly as Geno is incapable of making the 2nd+ read. Not only that but Hill has  been open on numerous occasions and Geno refuses to throw to him.

Hill is certainly tough enough he caught a sideline pass this year where he got whaled and still made the catch. I think Polamalu crunched him. Anyway Hill's miniscule #s are the result of Geno (mostly).
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »
Hill's problem is he can't stay on the field and when he's hurt and doesn't have his legs 100% under him he can't separate.

yes he's played but his knee has given him trouble all year. That's a problem

Tags: