Poll

If you were the GM of the Jets this offseason, how would you spend your draft picks

Trading up for a Quarterback
Loading up on offensive talent to draft a quarterback in the following year

Author Topic: Jets Draft Strategy  (Read 31031 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Jets Draft Strategy
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
Wilson was drafted to be a role player. 

No he wasn't.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »
No he wasn't.

Yes, he was.  He was drafted to play nickel corner.  That's not a starting position. 

Mike Tannenbaum thought it was the way to get by Peyton Manning in the playoffs.  Most of his moves were reactionary.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »
Two games ago everyone was jumping on for me for suggesting that we should trade up if necessary to get a franchise QB in this draft, and now everyone thinks that it's what we actually should do?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »
Two games ago everyone was jumping on for me for suggesting that we should trade up if necessary to get a franchise QB in this draft, and now everyone thinks that it's what we actually should do?

I didn't do that.

I've been thinking about moving on from Geno Smith since I heard his name called in April. 

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Kyle Wilson is having a really good season at the nickel.  I'm pretty sure he's the highest rated nickelback in the NFL this season.

Milliner was drafted to be a top corner.  Wilson was drafted to be a role player. 

This needs to be advertised in NY/NJ so that it's understood and we can hate kyle wilson less.

He was drafted with Revis and Cro starting, and was a luxury pick. He plays the most thankless CB position in the game, and is one of the best in the league at that position. Good for him.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »

I'm with you on this. The Jets need to erase this guy from ever starting again.

and like the 'Berg, I've been looking at this draft class as a place to find a QB since late 2012.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 01:10:22 PM »

If the season keeps going the way I am thinking the Jets may not have to trade up.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »
If the season keeps going the way I am thinking the Jets may not have to trade up.

Even if the Jets lose out, we'll be on the outside of the top five looking in.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
Even if the Jets lose out, we'll be on the outside of the top five looking in.

If the Jets lose out, at the very least 4 teams move out of their way. It's not inconceivable for them to move up to 4-5 if they lose out. Keep in mind they play 2 teams in front of them at 4-8. (Cleveland and Oakland) plus Pittsburgh and Buffalo are not losing out.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
It blows my freaking mind that the Texans have the first pick right now.

If I'm a head coach candidate, that's where I want to be.  Teddy Bridgewater, a good o-line, Nuk & Andre, Arian Foster and the JJ Watt defense. 

Gary Kubiak excrement the freaking bed, man. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
If the Jets lose out, at the very least 4 teams move out of their way. It's not inconceivable for them to move up to 4-5 if they lose out. Keep in mind they play 2 teams in front of them at 4-8. (Cleveland and Oakland) plus Pittsburgh and Buffalo are not losing out.

Still don't see us moving into the top five.  I see us picking between 6 and 11. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »

If I'm a head coach candidate, that's where I want to be.  Teddy Bridgewater, a good o-line, Nuk & Andre, Arian Foster and the JJ Watt defense. 

I don't care if Kevin Sumlin signed that huge deal with Texas A&M.  If Houston get the number one pick, he's going to the NFL. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »

I am with you there. It's kind of mind blowing, they have the top defense by yards.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
If we were to lose out, the teams who I'm sure would finish beneath us are Jacksonville, Washington, Houston, Tampa and Atlanta - and the even the Jags might have some life left in them with a couple of softer games on their schedule. Minnesota will probably not get ahead of us, nor Oakland whose remaining schedule is tough. I would guess that we'll somehow fluke one more win and finish up picking around 10.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:34 PM »
Still don't see us moving into the top five.  I see us picking between 6 and 11. 

It's not likely but it is possible, like I said the Jets move in front of 4 teams without thinking if they lose out. If two of Tampa, Washington and Atlanta split the rest of their games the Jets are @ #5.

Yeah it isn't going to happen....lol oh well.

Tags: jets