Author Topic: Oh?ffensive Line  (Read 183226 times)

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Offensive Line
« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2019, 03:33:43 PM »
Before I got to whatever your point is, I saw Ed Oliver in IdL top 5 win rate. I love Quinnen Williams and he’s a great guy unfortunately through year 1 Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, and Brian Burns all would have been objectively better picks than him.

Quinnen not playing against Baltimore was, IMO, on of the reasons why the Ravens ran through our line at will. He's been eating a lot of double blocks and freeing other players to do their jobs. I know it's not exactly what we want to hear, but the potential is still there.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #406 on: December 30, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1211717777494556672?s=21

“ PBWR = Pass Block Win Rate (rate player sustains pass blocks for 2.5s)

PRWR = Pass Rush Win Rate (rate player beats pass block within 2.5s)

These are ESPN stats that use @NextGenStats data.”

Jets finished 16th in the league in Pass Block Win Rate

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #407 on: December 30, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1211717777494556672?s=21

“ PBWR = Pass Block Win Rate (rate player sustains pass blocks for 2.5s)

PRWR = Pass Rush Win Rate (rate player beats pass block within 2.5s)

These are ESPN stats that use @NextGenStats data.”

Jets finished 16th in the league in Pass Block Win Rate
Waitasekent

I was told the oline fell off the nearest bus and learned how to play football on the way to the stadium.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #408 on: December 30, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »
Waitasekent

I was told the oline fell off the nearest bus and learned how to play football on the way to the stadium.

Go ahead and try to objectively say with a straight face that the offensive line wasn't complete garbage this year.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #409 on: December 30, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
Go ahead and try to objectively say with a straight face that the offensive line wasn't complete garbage this year.

Pass pro improved as the season went on, it was commented on in multiple game threads by Heis and by someone else who I forget (maybe Reuben?). Run blocking remained consistently garbage.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Pass pro improved as the season went on, it was commented on in multiple game threads by Heis and by someone else who I forget (maybe Reuben?). Run blocking remained consistently garbage.

Pass pro improved until Edoga got hurt and then went right back in the tank. Brandon Shell got consistently beaten yesterday.

As bad as Edoga was in the run game, he was indeed passable when they went through the air.

They were horrible to start the year, and got to mediocre in one aspect of the game and remained absolutely atrocious in the other.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
The pass protection got better as the year went on. It still sucked on the whole. And for as much as everyone talks about how easy the schedule was, we also played teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Buffalo at the end which all have strong defenses.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2019, 05:21:09 PM »
And for as much as everyone talks about how easy the schedule was, we also played teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Buffalo at the end which all have strong defenses.

They were the #3, 4 and 5 ranked defenses at the time we played them. Buffalo was in a driving rainstorm too.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2019, 06:58:24 PM »

Data is data. Are you going to simply dismiss this source as trash as well since it doesn't fit your narrative?

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2019, 07:02:34 PM »
I think everyone agrees that the OL leaves a lot to be desired. But the inherent issue here is that the problems run much deeper than the OL...it starts at the top. All the new o-lineman aren't going to mask the issue that we have a head coach that's been regressing year over year with his offense.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »
I think everyone agrees that the OL leaves a lot to be desired. But the inherent issue here is that the problems run much deeper than the OL...it starts at the top. All the new o-lineman aren't going to mask the issue that we have a head coach that's been regressing year over year with his offense.

Our offensive line was the worst run blocking offensive line since 2002. 

Historically bad. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2019, 10:50:35 PM »
Data is data. Are you going to simply dismiss this source as trash as well since it doesn't fit your narrative?

K. You stick to your data from objectively shitty sources while anyone who watched 5 minutes of a freaking game this year can tell you that this was the worst offensive line this team has fielded since Boomer got his excrement pushed in under Kotite that first year.

No, you're right, they're the Hogs.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2019, 01:14:03 AM »
K. You stick to your data from objectively shitty sources while anyone who watched 5 minutes of a freaking game this year can tell you that this was the worst offensive line this team has fielded since Boomer got his excrement pushed in under Kotite that first year.

No, you're right, they're the Hogs.
I think you're getting yourself a little confused on sources here. This is from Football Outsiders, who grade the line as a unit in a fairly objective and reasonable fashion; you called them PFO which makes me think you were assuming it was PFF, who attempt to grade individual linemen which I think we all agree is a fool's errand.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #418 on: December 31, 2019, 08:36:20 AM »
Our offensive line was the worst run blocking offensive line since 2002. 

Historically bad. 

The year Houston gave up like 78 sacks with Carr at QB
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #419 on: December 31, 2019, 08:36:48 AM »
I think you're getting yourself a little confused on sources here. This is from Football Outsiders, who grade the line as a unit in a fairly objective and reasonable fashion; you called them PFO which makes me think you were assuming it was PFF, who attempt to grade individual linemen which I think we all agree is a fool's errand.

You are correct sir. my mistake.

Having said that, PBWR doesn't take into account how long a QB took to throw-which is central to any discussion of how an offensive line is holding up in the passing game.

And as repeatedly stated, this was the worst offensive line in the running game I can ever remember.

Again, I just want someone to tell me with a straight face that this offensive line was mediocre or better. It's be good for a laugh.

Tags: