Author Topic: Oh?ffensive Line  (Read 183143 times)

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Offensive Line
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2019, 10:21:07 PM »
I would love to read your opinion about this:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Before I got to whatever your point is, I saw Ed Oliver in IdL top 5 win rate. I love Quinnen Williams and he’s a great guy unfortunately through year 1 Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, and Brian Burns all would have been objectively better picks than him.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2019, 10:22:13 PM »
Alex Lewis??

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2019, 10:34:07 PM »
The right side of our offensive line is such excrement that the guys on the left side don't have to block very long to "win"
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
Before I got to whatever your point is, I saw Ed Oliver in IdL top 5 win rate. I love Quinnen Williams and he’s a great guy unfortunately through year 1 Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, and Brian Burns all would have been objectively better picks than him.

Based on what?  Sacks? 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2019, 11:01:15 PM »
Based on what?  Sacks? 

Sacks, pressures, the recurring fact that no matter how much we invest in our interior DL our defense never seems to take the next step. I carried the same opinion before the draft last year. In complete hindsight due to lack of faith in our current roster, I now think we could get similar/good enough production out of McClendon, Hank, Fatukasi, Shep, Philips, etc.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:04:07 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »
Sacks, pressures, the recurring fact that no matter how much we invest in our interior DL our defense never seems to take the next step. I carried the same opinion before the draft last year. In complete hindsight due to lack of faith in our current roster, I now think we could get similar/good enough production out of McClendon, Hank, Fatukasi, Shep, Philips, etc.

Agreed

Our DL is always "good" at taking up blockers in the passing game, but there is no one behind them to take advantage of that and get to the offensive backfield. It's nice that this team is always good against the run, but this is a passing league, and they can never get to the guy throwing the ball.

The best "pass rusher" on this team is a safety. Before that, it was a nickel corner who was awful at being a corner. Draft EDGE. (But only after drafting a lot of OL)
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2019, 11:34:52 AM »
Agreed

Our DL is always "good" at taking up blockers in the passing game, but there is no one behind them to take advantage of that and get to the offensive backfield. It's nice that this team is always good against the run, but this is a passing league, and they can never get to the guy throwing the ball.

The best "pass rusher" on this team is a safety. Before that, it was a nickel corner who was awful at being a corner. Draft EDGE. (But only after drafting a lot of OL)

We'll hopefully have Mosely and Williamson back.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
I wonder if the Jets consider moving on from Williamson.  Probably not.  Last year of his deal, $8.5 million on the cap.  We've had a large amount of time to see if there's anyone else on the roster that can replace him at a fraction of the cost. Cashman, Burgess, Hewitt.  None of them are as good as Williamson, but he is replaceable.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2019, 12:09:58 PM »

They're middle linebackers. I like both of them, but we need a traditional guy on the outside whose primary job is to break Brady.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2019, 12:16:42 PM »
I wonder if the Jets consider moving on from Williamson.  Probably not.  Last year of his deal, $8.5 million on the cap.  We've had a large amount of time to see if there's anyone else on the roster that can replace him at a fraction of the cost. Cashman, Burgess, Hewitt.  None of them are as good as Williamson, but he is replaceable.

Honestly given the way Hewitt has played and the investment in Mosley, I think Williamson is as good as gone unless he either restructures or they determine that there's no other way to allocate the 8.5 that'd be as beneficial.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2019, 12:51:20 PM »

Why would we keep him?  Our backups have been more than serviceable without Mosley. Dude is gone

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2019, 12:54:38 PM »
Why would we keep him?  Our backups have been more than serviceable without Mosley. Dude is gone
Maybe the Jets want more than "serviceable".

The other issue is him coming off injury.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2019, 01:32:39 PM »
Maybe the Jets want more than "serviceable".

The other issue is him coming off injury.

I honestly think the production from the ILB has been a positive from this season. With a healthy Mosley, I would be okay with saving the 8.5M and having Cashman and Burgess man the other spot. Put that money towards a tackle, guard or WR.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2019, 01:46:02 PM »
Williamson is as good as gone

Not worth what we’re paying him

Tags: