Author Topic: Oh?ffensive Line  (Read 182799 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Offensive Line
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 07:30:20 AM »
There's a spectrum; on one end would be a dcmesque poster starting a new thread every day about any thought that leaks out of his brain. On the other end there is bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in three years to have a completely different conversation than the existing posts in it.

I think it's really fair to say that good forum-keeping would encourage something in between those two extremes. We don't want clutter but we don't want to lump multiple independent topics from different seasons into one thread because they share a very general theme.

The primary reason I'm bothered is that Tapatalk makes splitting threads more difficult than it was in a browser, and since last year I've had way less time to spend on the forum and almost all of it has been on Tapatalk. And it took more effort on your part to do the less preferable thing and shoehorn a new conversation into a three year old thread.

The scenario where I'm completely fine with bumping old threads is to highlight a post that demonstrates you were right and/or someone else was wrong about something.

Give me my Quincy Enunwa thread back you freaking commie
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »
14. Jets RG Brian Winters has a pass-blocking efficiency of 99.4 this season, tied for the best mark among guards.

In every year since being drafted, Brian Winters has improved his pass blocking. This year, he’s taken an even bigger step, and is entering his seventh straight game with no sacks or hits allowed. He will at times face Michael Bennett, who splits his time on the left and right, and at times rushes from the inside. Bennett has two sacks this season, but both have been on the offense’s left side. If Bennett still doesn’t have a sack from the offense’s right, Winters will play a part in that.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-32-pff-stats-to-know-for-nfl-week-4/
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2016, 10:04:18 PM »
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-32-pff-stats-to-know-for-nfl-week-4/

The fact that Fitz is known for getting rid of the ball quickly and not taking sacks,  could this be artificially inflating our OLs pass protection grades?

I have to imagine so

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2016, 10:40:18 PM »
The fact that Fitz is known for getting rid of the ball quickly and not taking sacks,  could this be artificially inflating our OLs pass protection grades?

I have to imagine so

He's made a bunch of downfield throws from clean pockets and you don't do that inside two seconds. The line has been really good so far this season.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2016, 01:54:12 AM »
He's made a bunch of downfield throws from clean pockets and you don't do that inside two seconds. The line has been really good so far this season.

yep

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2016, 08:14:41 AM »

I have to imagine so

I saw somewhere that Clady is PFF's 50th ranked tackle. So let's not take away from Winters here. We all saw what he did against Atkins.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »
I haven't noticed Clady which is generally a good thing. I suppose  his run blocking has been poor

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
Brian Winters is a freaking moron.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
Brian Winters is a freaking moron.

It was a really stupid thing to do, but it came the play after Seattle had just taken a 15 yard penalty for trying to take Fitz's head off. I'm assuming Winters was trying to send a message that they weren't going to be intimidated by big bad Michael Bennett, and while it was dumb on many levels who wouldn't like the opportunity to stick the nut on that gobshite?

After the excrement Winters has taken over his career with us and the way he has answered his critics, I think he should get a pass this once. Also, Ijalana was quite effective there after he left the field, although I thought Wes Johnson was our backup guard.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 11:59:53 AM »
Our run blocking is mediocre at best buy the pass blocking is much better than I anticipated

Half of that is Fitz stepping into the pocket though . Someone else would be getting hit at a much higher rate

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
It was a really stupid thing to do, but it came the play after Seattle had just taken a 15 yard penalty for trying to take Fitz's head off. I'm assuming Winters was trying to send a message that they weren't going to be intimidated by big bad Michael Bennett, and while it was dumb on many levels who wouldn't like the opportunity to stick the nut on that gobshite?

After the excrement Winters has taken over his career with us and the way he has answered his critics, I think he should get a pass this once. Also, Ijalana was quite effective there after he left the field, although I thought Wes Johnson was our backup guard.

Seattle had been penalized. The refs took care of it. Winters putting the team in a bad position is only compounded by the fact that he managed to concuss himself for good measure.

It also led to Mangold getting completely blindsided too.

He's a freaking moron.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »
Seattle had been penalized. The refs took care of it. Winters putting the team in a bad position is only compounded by the fact that he managed to concuss himself for good measure.

It also led to Mangold getting completely blindsided too.

He's a freaking moron.

He did a stupid thing, but he's done lots of good things this season as well. If it becomes a pattern I'll start to be bothered.

And Mangold got pushed over. He's a big strong boy, he'll be fine. I'm happy to call Bennett out because I think he's a dick, but he hardly threw himself helmet first - he gave Nick a little shove in the back and then ran away. Not really a big deal.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »
He did a stupid thing, but he's done lots of good things this season as well. If it becomes a pattern I'll start to be bothered.

And Mangold got pushed over. He's a big strong boy, he'll be fine. I'm happy to call Bennett out because I think he's a dick, but he hardly threw himself helmet first - he gave Nick a little shove in the back and then ran away. Not really a big deal.

While I'm certainly not going to change my stance that he's a moron, it's just another example of poor coaching. I'm pointing a big spotlight at coaching as the primary problem with this team right now.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
"Jets signed OT Jeff Adams.

Adams missed most of the last two years recovering from knee surgery (patellar tendon). It's a solid flyer if Adams can regain his pre-injury form. Adams started at guard for Houston before going down, but should get a look at tackle with the Jets."

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
"Jets signed OT Jeff Adams.

Adams missed most of the last two years recovering from knee surgery (patellar tendon). It's a solid flyer if Adams can regain his pre-injury form. Adams started at guard for Houston before going down, but should get a look at tackle with the Jets."
Stash him and break glass if needed.

Tags: