Author Topic: Oh?ffensive Line  (Read 178839 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Offensive Line
« Reply #1740 on: August 10, 2022, 01:34:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1557405797587591174

Probably bullshit, but if we got Slauson/Winters production out of Mitchell, I'd be happy. 
McDermott and Edoga aren't good, and Mitchell was drafted presumably to take over for them in this system. Would be nice if he's ahead of schedule.

I think you need to take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt because some of it might be trying to gain leverage in FA negotiations with a guy like Brown, but Mitchell beating out McDermott and Edoga would be welcome news.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1741 on: August 10, 2022, 03:00:48 PM »
McDermott and Edoga aren't good, and Mitchell was drafted presumably to take over for them in this system. Would be nice if he's ahead of schedule.

I think you need to take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt because some of it might be trying to gain leverage in FA negotiations with a guy like Brown, but Mitchell beating out McDermott and Edoga would be welcome news.

agree with you guys that it's good to hear but probably a leverage move on our part with regards to free agency. he obviously has talent and athleticism but was drafted as a project, and even now being ahead of edoga and mcdermott probably isn't saying much

i liked the idea Heis mentioned of moving for teven jenkins the other day. irrespective of draft position, if he really is out of favor in chicago and especially with a new coach/GM regime that did not draft him and has no ties to him, i can't imagine he would be particularly expensive to try and trade for

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1742 on: August 10, 2022, 03:10:22 PM »
agree with you guys that it's good to hear but probably a leverage move on our part with regards to free agency. he obviously has talent and athleticism but was drafted as a project, and even now being ahead of edoga and mcdermott probably isn't saying much

i liked the idea Heis mentioned of moving for teven jenkins the other day. irrespective of draft position, if he really is out of favor in chicago and especially with a new coach/GM regime that did not draft him and has no ties to him, i can't imagine he would be particularly expensive to try and trade for
I'm not sold Teven Jenkins is better than McDermott, Edoga or Mitchell. If we want to take a shot on him, I'm fine taking as many chances as possible at protecting Wilson, but Jenkins was bad last year, and now a new staff wants nothing to do with him.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1743 on: August 10, 2022, 03:55:52 PM »
I'm not sold Teven Jenkins is better than McDermott, Edoga or Mitchell. If we want to take a shot on him, I'm fine taking as many chances as possible at protecting Wilson, but Jenkins was bad last year, and now a new staff wants nothing to do with him.

getting another young/talented body for our OL is obviously something very appealing to me, but you have to wonder if there is more to his back/spinal surgery that the bears/jenkins aren't talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1744 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:16 PM »
getting another young/talented body for our OL is obviously something very appealing to me, but you have to wonder if there is more to his back/spinal surgery that the bears/jenkins aren't talking about
If Mitchell really does have a shot to start this year, I would put all my energy into developing him.

Damien Woody agrees. I kind of like this take. Keep Fant at LT, try to develop Mitchell as RT with Brown as depth, and if it's a disaster, switch it later with Brown.
https://twitter.com/damienwoody/status/1557409168339963904

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1745 on: August 10, 2022, 08:12:54 PM »
If Mitchell really does have a shot to start this year, I would put all my energy into developing him.

Damien Woody agrees. I kind of like this take. Keep Fant at LT, try to develop Mitchell as RT with Brown as depth, and if it's a disaster, switch it later with Brown.
https://twitter.com/damienwoody/status/1557409168339963904

This probably has the most upside, and worst case scenario it allows Brown to get in shape and learn the playbook

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1746 on: August 12, 2022, 06:25:23 PM »
Mitchell is a good test for Douglas. He was always billed as an OL guy, but most of what he's done has been in free agency or 1st-round picks, which is fine. But I would expect one of his specialties to find some gords and right tackles in the middle rounds that we can develop into starters. Clark got hurt immediately, so that's not on Douglas. Mitchell is his next swing at that.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1747 on: October 17, 2022, 03:46:24 PM »
Connor McDermott Released

Rich Cimini

To make room for Mike Remmers, the Jets released backup OL Conor McDermott. Back down to 8 OLM. #Jets

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1748 on: October 17, 2022, 03:57:31 PM »
Goodnight, poopchute.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1749 on: October 17, 2022, 04:12:30 PM »
It never made sense to me to keep him on the roster if the second he had a chance to play, we signed 2 guys to replace him, and we moved several guys on the offensive line to avoid playing him.

Glad he's gone. Waste of a roster spot. Thanks for the touchdown last year.

(I assume he'll be on the PS soon)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1750 on: October 17, 2022, 04:21:57 PM »
His watch has ended.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #1751 on: October 24, 2022, 02:26:15 PM »
So according to Cimini AVT is also done for the year. Torn triceps.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1752 on: October 24, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
So according to Cimini AVT is also done for the year. Torn triceps.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1753 on: October 24, 2022, 04:11:45 PM »
Do we know how close Mitchell is to being ready to return?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1754 on: October 24, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
Do we know how close Mitchell is to being ready to return?

probably not any time soon
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: