Author Topic: Oh?ffensive Line  (Read 182739 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Offensive Line
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »
Its odd and a bit concerning, considering the bulk of Bowles' coaching experience came from coaching the secondary.
In the end, Bowles can't go out there and play.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »
There's certainly been a lot of communication issues between the safeties and cornerbacks.

I think that's one of the biggest problems

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
In the end, Bowles can't go out there and play.
Racist
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
There's certainly been a lot of communication issues between the safeties and cornerbacks.

I think that's one of the biggest problems
Take away 4 big plays, and this team has been dominant thus far.
- 2 of the plays were mental/physical mistakes (Jalin Marshall fumble and Goodwin's TD over Revis)
- 2 of the plays were communication mistakes (Salas/Green TDs)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »
Take away 4 big plays, and this team has been dominant thus far.
- 2 of the plays were mental/physical mistakes (Jalin Marshall fumble and Goodwin's TD over Revis)
- 2 of the plays were communication mistakes (Salas/Green TDs)

If they can fix the brain farts and say," this team will be really good, ".

I think that's an understatement.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:58:59 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
Pass blocking is way better than I thought it'd be . Then again we've only faced  interior rush teams so far .

Run blocking is ok , a lot of these plays are great timing on calls by Gailey n Forte running detained though

Mangold replacement needs to be found.  Didn't Wesley Johnson step in for Carp

OR was it Dozier?

Either way Clady has been solid but we will see if he can even finish the season

In an ideal world Clady /Winters/Carpenter warrant keeping as we retool C and OT for depth .

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
I used the search function to look for a thread about the offensive line. I found one. I posted in it. Why do you care?

Because this is an entirely new discussion and deserves a new thread.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 08:20:59 PM »
Because this is an entirely new discussion and deserves a new thread.

It's a discussion about the offensive line in a thread about the offensive line.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 08:40:14 PM »
It's a discussion about the offensive line in a thread about the offensive line.

By that logic we should just have one Jets thread.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »

#BringBackTheNYJetsTweetsthread
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »

No, we have Jets forum. Inside that forum are threads. They relate to specific topics. One of those is the offensive line.

I don't really care if you want to have a 2016 OL thread, feel free to split it out if you want. I just don't understand why it bothers you.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »
No, we have Jets forum. Inside that forum are threads. They relate to specific topics. One of those is the offensive line.

I don't really care if you want to have a 2016 OL thread, feel free to split it out if you want. I just don't understand why it bothers you.

There's a spectrum; on one end would be a dcmesque poster starting a new thread every day about any thought that leaks out of his brain. On the other end there is bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in three years to have a completely different conversation than the existing posts in it.

I think it's really fair to say that good forum-keeping would encourage something in between those two extremes. We don't want clutter but we don't want to lump multiple independent topics from different seasons into one thread because they share a very general theme.

The primary reason I'm bothered is that Tapatalk makes splitting threads more difficult than it was in a browser, and since last year I've had way less time to spend on the forum and almost all of it has been on Tapatalk. And it took more effort on your part to do the less preferable thing and shoehorn a new conversation into a three year old thread.

The scenario where I'm completely fine with bumping old threads is to highlight a post that demonstrates you were right and/or someone else was wrong about something.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 11:58:10 PM »
There's a spectrum; on one end would be a dcmesque poster starting a new thread every day about any thought that leaks out of his brain. On the other end there is bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in three years to have a completely different conversation than the existing posts in it.

I think it's really fair to say that good forum-keeping would encourage something in between those two extremes. We don't want clutter but we don't want to lump multiple independent topics from different seasons into one thread because they share a very general theme.

The primary reason I'm bothered is that Tapatalk makes splitting threads more difficult than it was in a browser, and since last year I've had way less time to spend on the forum and almost all of it has been on Tapatalk. And it took more effort on your part to do the less preferable thing and shoehorn a new conversation into a three year old thread.

The scenario where I'm completely fine with bumping old threads is to highlight a post that demonstrates you were right and/or someone else was wrong about something.

OK. Tapatalk is a thing I use if I want to have a quick look at the board at the gym or in bed, but the vast majority of the time I access the board from my PC. If it's an issue for Tapatalk users then I get it.

Again, though, it took no effort. I realise that forum users generally don't like to use the search function (not just this forum, it's a general behaviour) but it was literally zero effort to click Search, type "Offensive Line" and respond to the thread entitled "Offensive Line". It's generally considered forum etiquette to do exactly that.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 06:41:49 AM »
OK. Tapatalk is a thing I use if I want to have a quick look at the board at the gym or in bed, but the vast majority of the time I access the board from my PC. If it's an issue for Tapatalk users then I get it.

Again, though, it took no effort. I realise that forum users generally don't like to use the search function (not just this forum, it's a general behaviour) but it was literally zero effort to click Search, type "Offensive Line" and respond to the thread entitled "Offensive Line". It's generally considered forum etiquette to do exactly that.

I just explained why it's poor forum etiquette, but if you don't care, OK.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 07:13:52 AM »
Can you guys move these posts into a separate thread called 'Forum Etiquette'

Tags: