Author Topic: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity  (Read 26632 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 01:45:06 PM »
I also never said he was a waste of a pick.  I said I again wish we had taken Lynch.  I'd never call it a wasted pick before year 3 for a QB.  I didn't even call Geno a wasted pick until that point, and that's with the extenuating circumstances of him getting busted by his own teammate.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 02:10:27 PM »
I also never said he was a waste of a pick.  I said I again wish we had taken Lynch.  I'd never call it a wasted pick before year 3 for a QB.  I didn't even call Geno a wasted pick until that point, and that's with the extenuating circumstances of him getting busted by his own teammate.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 01:29:35 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
"One thing is clear: The Jets don't believe that Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg will be the Week 1 starter. The feeling in the organization all last year was that Petty's ceiling was NFL backup. The overriding belief on One Jets Drive is that Hackenberg isn't even close to competing for the starting job in 2017."

-Manish "reporting"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »
In isolation I can believe that, but the problem is that I don't believe that anyone at One Jets Drive gives Manish Mehta the time of day if he asks them, much less talk to him about players and personnel strategy. We know the rest of the beat writers don't like him and I would be surprised if any of the coaching staff did.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »
what is wrong with using a 2nd round pick on him even if he is a project?

fact is the FO wanted this guy as a QB prospect and whether we believe it is a reach or not does not really matter at all, the FO wanted to make a move for this guy and im sure they made a move when they did because they felt another team was going to take him before us

besides, i'd rather use a 2nd round pick and wait on a qb prospect with a ceiling to be a franchise qb rather than waste it on a guy who is supposed to produce for us but ends up busting out, which probably describes about every single 2nd round pick we've ever had for the past 15 years

I agree with you, I didn't say it was wrong. Like you said, given what we normally do in the 2nd round it's a win. At least we knew going in he wasn't going to play the first year. It can only be truly evaluated when we know how Hackenberg turns out.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
Please make sure this thread is fully available so that when Hack takes the ball and becomes a premier NFL franchise QB in 2017 and 2018, we can get to play it back and stick it in the face of some of our gloom and doomer, negative nelly "oh the misery" benignos

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 07:45:57 PM »
In isolation I can believe that, but the problem is that I don't believe that anyone at One Jets Drive gives Manish Mehta the time of day if he asks them, much less talk to him about players and personnel strategy. We know the rest of the beat writers don't like him and I would be surprised if any of the coaching staff did.

I can't argue with this post.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »
“Everybody is overlooking the Jets’ biggest quarterback acquisition this offseason, with that being Jeremy Bates,” Schefter said on the Rich Eisen Show Wednesday afternoon. “Jeremy Bates is a quarterback guru, and I think he can do a lot of good for Christian Hackenberg. If there is anybody that can revive or rescue his career that would be the guy and I think that they are optimistic.”

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
How can you "revive or rescue" a career that hasn't started? Why is it that everyone screamed about drafting a player who was two years away from being ready is now screaming that he's not ready after one?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 02:21:59 AM »
How can you "revive or rescue" a career that hasn't started? Why is it that everyone screamed about drafting a player who was two years away from being ready is now screaming that he's not ready after one?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I think they are referring to him being a top prospect out of high school, having a nice freshman year, then the earth crumbling around penn state.  He is a reclaimation project.  I wish him the best, but expect nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »
“Everybody is overlooking the Jets’ biggest quarterback acquisition this offseason, with that being Jeremy Bates,” Schefter said on the Rich Eisen Show Wednesday afternoon. “Jeremy Bates is a quarterback guru, and I think he can do a lot of good for Christian Hackenberg. If there is anybody that can revive or rescue his career that would be the guy and I think that they are optimistic.”
And the same is true if we were to draft Trubisky at 6 or Kizer in the 4th round.

If we are truly committed to the rebuild this year won't be the year we go QB unless our talent evaluators have decided there is a can't miss guy to take, which would appear to make them different from pretty much everybody else out there this year.

I don't want a QB period in 2017, let our drafted guys grow, and if they don't we will be in a spot for an elite QB option in 2018.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2017, 05:45:37 PM »
NJ.com reports Christian Hackenberg appeared "improved" in OTAs, but "still doesn't look good."

Per reporter Connor Hughes, Hackenberg's footwork was improved on his calamitous rookie year, but he still missed "far too many passes against against air." Highlighting Hack's inaccuracy, Hughes reports "in the three media-open OTAs, Hackenberg hit reporters with passes twice." Unfathomable. The Jets' selection of Hackenberg at No. 51 overall in 2016 seemed like a wasted pick from the second it was made. Nothing in the ensuing 13 months has changed that perception.
Source: NJ.com Jun 8 - 5:11 PM

Huge/Real news from the always reliable Connor hughes

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
"Hackenberg was 2/7 in pre-practice warm up mental reps with 3 nearly tipped passes and 3 possible imaginary near strip sacks from 1986 Lawrence Taylor"

Tags: