Author Topic: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity  (Read 26572 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 09:55:55 PM »
Evan Silva should be hung over a vat of burning popcorn butter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »
Evan Silva should be hung over a vat of burning popcorn butter

That would just make the fat queynte salivate.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
I spent the draft complaining we didn't take Paxton Lynch in the first and took Hackenberg in the 2nd.  I'm feeling worse now.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 11:32:07 PM »
I spent the draft complaining we didn't take Paxton Lynch in the first and took Hackenberg in the 2nd.  I'm feeling worse now.
Lynch is probably the only Day 1 or Day 2 QB that isn't 3rd string right now...

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
Lynch is probably the only Day 1 or Day 2 QB that isn't 3rd string right now...

I don't care that he's 3rd string.  The only QB who wasn't supposed to be 3rd string is Goff, who has been awful too.  Wentz was earmarked for it, and no one thought Hackenberg would be anything but 3rd string.  Still, he looked absolutely terrible.  I get that people want to say "I expected him to look terrible", but if they expected him to look like that and still felt good about using a 2nd rounder, I don't know what to tell you.  Too many bad picks get justified until they can't be any more.  I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »
I don't care that he's 3rd string.  The only QB who wasn't supposed to be 3rd string is Goff, who has been awful too.  Wentz was earmarked for it, and no one thought Hackenberg would be anything but 3rd string.  Still, he looked absolutely terrible.  I get that people want to say "I expected him to look terrible", but if they expected him to look like that and still felt good about using a 2nd rounder, I don't know what to tell you.  Too many bad picks get justified until they can't be any more.  I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
That was more an observation than an excuse.

I don't really care how the other quarterbacks are doing. This isn't the type of start we were looking for from Hackenberg. Now, it's his first preseason, and he hasn't been getting as many reps as he should get, but it's not too much to ask for him to do a little better than this.

The Jets hinted that Hack could potentially play early when they drafted him. Instead, they don't even want to give him snaps in 2 preseason games. I don't think that's what the Jets had in mind for Year 1, even if they did plan on sitting him this year. He and Petty are the only QBs under contract next year.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
SWTG

Wow did he suck.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
SWTG

Wow did he suck.
Suck cocks in hell, blasphemer.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »
Suck cocks in hell, blasphemer.

I am going to take a shower.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »
I think Hackenberg will play less games than Geno (31) as a NYJ.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »

I remember.  I wanted him too but was happy with Lee. Then I excrement bricks when we took him . Then my usual try to take it with a grain of salt to avoid heart attack approach .

I haven't seen him play yet but from what I hear it's a disaster

Lee needs to be a monster to ease this butthurt I'm feeling thinking we could have had Lynch.

The irony is I'm pretty sure I said anyone but hack in the 2nd .

Then I tried to sell myself on the fact he was brought down by a shitshow.

Let's hope this is something we k aught at for the right reasons in the future

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »
Lee needs to be a monster to ease this butthurt I'm feeling thinking we could have had Lynch.

What if Lynch sucks? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »
Why is the sky suddenly falling because a project player we knew was nowhere near ready for the NFL proves himself to be nowhere near ready for the NFL? He still has the qualities that made the FO fall in love with him and he still has the failings that everyone knew he had, because there hasn't yet been time for the coaching staff to do any meaningful work with him.

Last season and even in camp this year people were saying that Petty was awful, that he was a project that was never going to pan out and that we should cut ties. Won't be able to cut it in the NFL. Then we get to preseason and while he's not the second coming of Peyton Manning, all of a sudden he looks like he could be at least a serviceable backup at this level. That's with a year's work. The coaching staff have clearly done a good job with him and I think we owe it to them to at least give them a chance to work with the raw materials that Hackenberg has for an extended period before we decide that he was a waste of a pick.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »
What if Lynch sucks?

Then it's better we took the QB who sucks in the 2nd obviously.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »
Why is the sky suddenly falling because a project player we knew was nowhere near ready for the NFL proves himself to be nowhere near ready for the NFL? He still has the qualities that made the FO fall in love with him and he still has the failings that everyone knew he had, because there hasn't yet been time for the coaching staff to do any meaningful work with him.

Last season and even in camp this year people were saying that Petty was awful, that he was a project that was never going to pan out and that we should cut ties. Won't be able to cut it in the NFL. Then we get to preseason and while he's not the second coming of Peyton Manning, all of a sudden he looks like he could be at least a serviceable backup at this level. That's with a year's work. The coaching staff have clearly done a good job with him and I think we owe it to them to at least give them a chance to work with the raw materials that Hackenberg has for an extended period before we decide that he was a waste of a pick.

There is no sky is falling.  I wouldn't have said anything if people hadn't responded with "It doesn't matter in the slightest because he's a project."  That performance was absolutely dreadful.  He didn't even look like a 2nd round project.  It was worse than any of us should find acceptable from a UDFA, and the fact that we took him in the second doesn't mean we should be MORE lenient in our response.

He's here, I hope he gets better, but the idea that it means nothing is as silly as the idea that it means everything.

Tags: