Author Topic: lolBroncos  (Read 13926 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: lolBroncos
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2023, 06:59:16 AM »
Kareem Jackson suspended again, this time for four games, for another dangerous hit.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27:19 AM »
Broncos QB Russell Wilson has been benched for the remainder of the 2023 season, according to Adam Schefter.

Wilson is in the midst of a solid bounceback season, currently ranking as the NFL’s seventh-rated passer, with 26 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. Denver has gone 1-3 in their final four games, so they will spin this as a move to jumpstart the team, but this move is not about his performance on the field. Wilson is guaranteed $39 million in 2024; however, he has an additional $37 million in 2025 salary that is guaranteed only in the case of injury and vests in March of 2024. That means that if Wilson suffered a serious injury at the end of this season that would cause him to still be injured in March of next year, that $37 million would be guaranteed to him. The Broncos are deciding not to risk that and will start Jarett Stidham the rest of the way. This move also likely signals the end of Wilson’s time in Denver as it would be unlikely they make this move and then keep him as their starter in 2023.

lol

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2023, 11:56:21 AM »
lol

They traded so much for Wilson and Payton. It’s no surprise that they are falling apart.

As for Russ, I have no idea who is going to want him as their starting QB in 2024. Teams like the Giants are financially tied to Jones, most other teams/regimes will want a young guy. I’d be curious if McVay wants to give Wilson a shot if Stafford calls it quits.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2023, 11:58:22 AM »
They traded so much for Wilson and Payton. It’s no surprise that they are falling apart.

As for Russ, I have no idea who is going to want him as their starting QB in 2024. Teams like the Giants are financially tied to Jones, most other teams/regimes will want a young guy. I’d be curious if McVay wants to give Wilson a shot if Stafford calls it quits.

They benched him because if he gets hurt, they owe him a excrement ton of guaranteed money.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2023, 12:14:48 PM »
Apparently if the Broncos cut or trade Russ before March they'll eat $48M in dead money without him playing a single minute of the contract extension they gave him.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2023, 02:00:58 PM »
is Sean Payton going to try to move up for a QB?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2023, 04:18:07 PM »
Lol.  Love it.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2023, 05:50:21 PM »
They benched him because if he gets hurt, they owe him a excrement ton of guaranteed money.

Yes. But if Russ and the Broncos were good, this wouldn’t be happening. That was my point.

Since Russ won’t be a bronco next year, you have to wonder if Payton falls in love with QB 3 and trades a ditka to get his hands on him.
Need a new one for a new board...

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2023, 05:57:55 PM »
Denver's gonna be such an attractive place for FAs going forward
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2023, 06:13:09 PM »
Yes. But if Russ and the Broncos were good, this wouldn’t be happening. That was my point.

Since Russ won’t be a bronco next year, you have to wonder if Payton falls in love with QB 3 and trades a ditka to get his hands on him.

I suspect he's arrogant enough to think that he can turn whoever is available at their pick into a good NFL QB. He might be right as well.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2023, 06:31:03 PM »
I suspect he's arrogant enough to think that he can turn whoever is available at their pick into a good NFL QB. He might be right as well.
Who else has he turned into a good QB? Are we giving him credit for Romo?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2023, 06:33:01 PM »
Who else has he turned into a good QB? Are we giving him credit for Romo?
No, my thinking was more that he's a good offensive coach who will likely put a rookie QB in the best position to succeed.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2023, 07:23:04 PM »
No, my thinking was more that he's a good offensive coach who will likely put a rookie QB in the best position to succeed.

He might also be one of those offensive coaches who hates rookies because they can't run his system correctly, a la Gruden
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2023, 07:28:49 PM »
He might also be one of those offensive coaches who hates rookies because they can't run his system correctly, a la Gruden

He might be, but he also made Taysom Hill a multimillionaire.

Tags: