Author Topic: Week 13: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets  (Read 31747 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Week 13: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
Why, the head coach drafts the players.

because we will fire the HC and bring in a better evaluator.

Also if Rex is to go, I want David Shaw.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
Why, the head coach drafts the players.

Since you can't understand a simple concept, I'll lay it out for you...

A head coach should have a lot of say in which players come in, especially for scheme purposes. 

Ryan brought in a bunch of players on defense that knew his scheme so he could get things rolling early.  That was his call.

An offensive head coach would bring in players that would be fits into his offense, and it would help the transition from complete garbage to mediocrity in the first season. 

For some reason, you think NFL coaches come in and just let the GM bring in whoever the hell they want without consultation.  That's not how it works. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #287 on: December 01, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »
Since you can't understand a simple concept, I'll lay it out for you...

A head coach should have a lot of say in which players come in, especially for scheme purposes. 

Ryan brought in a bunch of players on defense that knew his scheme so he could get things rolling early.  That was his call.

An offensive head coach would bring in players that would be fits into his offense, and it would help the transition from complete garbage to mediocrity in the first season. 

For some reason, you think NFL coaches come in and just let the GM bring in whoever the hell they want without consultation.  That's not how it works.

I understand simple business.  There is hierarchy of how things are done.  The GM is responsible for building a team.  As I have said, numerous times, the coach will tell the people that build the team what he is looking for.  He has input.  The GM is responsible for deciding on if he want to listen to his subordinate.  It is that simple.  The GM decides if he wants to devote most of his resources into one side of the ball.

I am not saying Rex or any other coach doesn't have input, but not the final say.  It is that simple.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »
Puck wuz here

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »