Author Topic: Guns  (Read 20609 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: Guns
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
Again (again), 2nd Amendment.

"Hey Uncle Joe, so you're gonna have Beto, take folk's guns & ammo, or is it just for show?"  But feel free to belabor the point. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:03 PM »
Again (again), 2nd Amendment.

"Hey Uncle Joe, so you're gonna have Beto, take folk's guns & ammo, or is it just for show?"  But feel free to belabor the point. 

"Which is it" was a nonsensical question when you were suggesting there was a discrepancy between a tweet of an armed militia walking the streets and Biden accepting Beto's endorsement based upon his anti-firearm stance. What are you trying to say? I'm belabouring the point because you're not making one that makes any sense.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 11:00:15 PM »
"Which is it" was a nonsensical question when you were suggesting there was a discrepancy between a tweet of an armed militia walking the streets and Biden accepting Beto's endorsement based upon his anti-firearm stance. What are you trying to say? I'm belabouring the point because you're not making one that makes any sense.

Butts
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
So what is it?  It wasn't about accepting Beto's endorsement, it was about the recruiting of Beto to serve as gun-confiscating attack dog, i.e. so what is it?: you gonna get big, bad (goofy imho) Beto to come down off standing on a table to take their guns or not?  First it was about race with you ("should only be enforced upon white people") - wrong - now you're having a problem with the 'nonsensical' nature of the question itself?  This has morphed from a petulant 'holding-of-hands-to-the-fire' to obnoxious trolling.  They got guns...so 'what is it?' ...you taking them?...or not?  I'm not going to add the JO de rigueur "reading comprehension" swipes or 'you can't be this dense' (because you're obviously not) but at the same time your 'smartest kid in the room' tact's wearing thin.  Let it go JE - not worth it.   and "Butts" out sancho panza

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 12:24:52 PM »
Got emmmmm
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »
Got emmmmm

If you could translate it for me I'll let you know whether I agree.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2021, 07:22:47 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 08:06:36 PM »
Good.

Well..... it isn't really, is it? You don't resolve the problem of unplanned teenage pregnancy by encouraging women in their 30s to forgo contraception, do you?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 08:27:17 PM »
Well..... it isn't really, is it? You don't resolve the problem of unplanned teenage pregnancy by encouraging women in their 30s to forgo contraception, do you?

No but white Americans have been intimidating black Americans for over a century through gun ownership. It's difficult to keep that form of intimidation going if you're running into the same level of armed force and organization.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2021, 08:38:38 PM »
No but white Americans have been intimidating black Americans for over a century through gun ownership. It's difficult to keep that form of intimidation going if you're running into the same level of armed force and organization.

Agreed, but again I think it's the wrong solution. I completely understand why it would be happening, it's just all balancing out in the wrong direction. I wonder what it's going to take for the US to realise how stunningly stupid your firearms laws are. Is the problem that not enough Americans are dying and you actually need a full on civil war?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »
Agreed, but again I think it's the wrong solution. I completely understand why it would be happening, it's just all balancing out in the wrong direction. I wonder what it's going to take for the US to realise how stunningly stupid your firearms laws are. Is the problem that not enough Americans are dying and you actually need a full on civil war?
Armed minorities are harder to oppress.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2021, 09:00:05 PM »
This

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2021, 09:07:54 PM »

Yes, but unarmed majorities find oppression more difficult.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
Yes, but unarmed majorities find oppression more difficult.
You're right, we should disarm the police before the populace.

Tags: