Author Topic: Guns  (Read 20754 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: Guns
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2023, 10:12:51 AM »
Nine shot, including a 16 month old.  How (or why) did this one slip by the radar?

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/hollywood-beach-boardwalk-shooting-florida/story?id=99683478

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2023, 03:56:08 PM »
Nine shot, including a 16 month old.  How (or why) did this one slip by the radar?

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/hollywood-beach-boardwalk-shooting-florida/story?id=99683478

Because this excrement happens like every other day here?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2023, 01:33:44 PM »
Because this excrement happens like every other day here?
Sounds like a national epidemic. 

I think you guys might have a gun problem

Right now I have an 'I can't breathe' problem courtesy of the Great White North - put it out ya hoser  ; )

But it's soooooooo difficult and there are so many already out there and most gun owners are law abiding and responsible and no other country has done it and

America is just special and different, y'know?
   lol .... feel better? . 😇

Ok, no playing games: caught with a firearm = automatically serve a min. 5 years in prison with no possibility of an early 'good behavior' release:

You good with that?   I am.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2023, 02:52:14 PM »
Ok, no playing games: caught with a firearm = automatically serve a min. 5 years in prison with no possibility of an early 'good behavior' release:

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about illegal firearms?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2023, 07:35:04 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about illegal firearms?
Good, fair question.  Begs another question: what constitutes an illegal handgun?  Is it some guy living in the middle of nowhere 30 minutes from police assistance possessing a firearm for his family's protection, or some great white hunter type who plugs nature's wildlife for kicks?  Myself, I would be perfectly fine if all guns were cxld by law but that's probably not happening so then what?  Mental workup of any and all would-be firearm purchasers and creation of a database to include who, what type firearm, date of purchase, and to also include any and all purchases of 'peripherals' e.g. scopes, etc. not to mention strict limits on type, capabilities, ammo, etc.)?  Myself, I legally 'played with guns' in the very, very distant past and cut my teeth at a site (https://dmna.ny.gov/campsmith/) up-county from where I grew up and currently live (10583).

Years back--true story--the Mrs. & I trekked upstate to Cortland, NY to attend a Jets training camp back in the Rex/Sanchise days (part of a "Finger Lakes Region" jaunt) and en route we stopped off at a service station/rest area place in the Binghamton/Vestal, NY area.  While stretching my legs in this huge 7-11 type store I perused the magazine section and was floored to see the number of gun-zealot publications geared toward "Call to Duty" psychos along the lines of:

- https://www.magazines.com/magazines/mens/weaponry.html
- https://www.allyoucanread.com/top-10-gun-magazines/

Granted, it was upstate with a very.provincial "we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" neck of the woods vibe but still.....what a total turnoff.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2023, 08:09:07 PM »
Good, fair question.  Begs another question: what constitutes an illegal handgun?  Is it some guy living in the middle of nowhere 30 minutes from police assistance possessing a firearm for his family's protection, or some great white hunter type who plugs nature's wildlife for kicks? 

Also a good question. After all, in the US of A all illegal firearms were at some point a legal firearm, it was simply the act of an individual that changed its status.

I have also on many occasions fired guns, and jolly good fun it is too. I'm far from opposed to private ownership of firearms for sport, or for hunting (I find sport hunting highly distasteful, but we can't write legislation based on what we find distasteful no matter how hard Conservatives try). So, here's my manifesto for fixing the gun problem.

1. Hunting weapons are permitted, with a basic license (a criminal background check and a firearm safety course required, but permission is granted by default with those requirements satisfied). Hunting weapons are classified as single shot or manual repeating long guns (rifles) and shotguns. Hunting weapons must be stored in the home in a locking cabinet, unloaded, with the ammunition stored in a separate cabinet with a different lock.

2. All other forms of currently legal firearms, including semi-automatic rifles and handguns, may no longer be kept in the home or carried on the person. They may be stored and used at a licensed and insured gun club with a federally inspected and governed range, where you will be welcome to visit, check out your firearms and make blasty holes in pieces of paper to your heart's content. No license is required to do this. Should an individual not wish to do this, they may surrender their firearms to the government in exchange for payment of market value (determined as the original purchase price of the firearm depreciated over a term as determined by legislation). Under no circumstances, ever, is a private individual permitted to remove a firearm from the club - they can be serviced on site, and should an individual wish their firearms to be available at a different club they can request that the club transport them. All firearm purchases must be made through the club, as must private sales.

3. Concealed carry licenses will be available on a highly controlled basis to people with a strict professional need e.g. law enforcement, security officers, bodyguards and so on. Licensees will be subject to stringent criminal and mental health checks, including interviews, on an ongoing basis, and the license shall be valid exclusively to times when the individual is fulfilling their professional duties. Home storage requirements will be the same as for hunting weapons, and subject to unannounced audits.

4. Open carry is no longer legal for anyone except cops and security guards, mainly because of this absolute bell end:

5. Anyone in possession of a firearm in breach of the above rules is considered to be a terrorist and subject to prosecution accordingly.

I realise that this is a fairly significant change in your society, but that's kinda your fault for letting it get this far. Every other developed country figured this excrement out a long time ago, and unless people think that dead children in schools are a price worth paying to indulge saviour fantasies you're going to have to rip this band-aid off.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2023, 09:28:00 PM »
Sounds like a national epidemic.

You keep saying this like someone here is saying the opposite. Pretty sure most people hold this view

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2023, 09:36:10 PM »

I’ll preface this by saying I have no idea what point you’re trying to make, but sure?

The penalties for a weapon charge in Connecticut include:
Three years in prison and a fine of $500 for unlawfully carrying a gun
Three-year jail term and a $250 fine for unlawfully discharging your weapon
One-year prison sentence and $2,000 fine for carrying a gun when under the influence
Five to eight more years in prison if you are a felon with a firearm

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2023, 07:59:31 AM »
You keep saying this like someone here is saying the opposite. Pretty sure most people hold this view
No, you (et al) had a problem with me originally including both 'blue' and 'red' states to indicate that gun violence was coast-to-coast and a national in scope problem (thus the 'national epidemic' tag).   

Quote from: SixFeetDeep
I’ll preface this by saying I have no idea what point you’re trying to make, but sure?
Mandatory incarceration--no exceptions: now what part of that 'black and white' escaped you other than the need to continue repeating the now stale "what's the point?" mantra?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2023, 10:12:45 AM »
No, you (et al) had a problem with me originally including both 'blue' and 'red' states to indicate that gun violence was coast-to-coast and a national in scope problem (thus the 'national epidemic' tag).   
Mandatory incarceration--no exceptions: now what part of that 'black and white' escaped you other than the need to continue repeating the now stale "what's the point?" mantra?

I have no idea what you’re arguing against. I don’t disagree with either of those things and have never said I did.

Your list of red and blue states was almost exactly a list of the most populated states. I was pointing out red/blue was irrelevant, clearly those stats indicate it’s driven by population.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2023, 06:05:28 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2023, 06:13:36 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2023, 12:46:03 PM »
https://x.com/tmz/status/1709349510701633964?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Pretty sick country we live in… why were those 13 year olds not armed to defend themselves?

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2023, 04:23:20 PM »
https://x.com/tmz/status/1709349510701633964?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Pretty sick country we live in… why were those 13 year olds not armed to defend themselves?

https://twitter.com/RichStapless/status/1709614007739359432

I need the "FOR GOOD" part as a reaction gif.

Tags: