Author Topic: Guns  (Read 20604 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Guns
« on: June 24, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
Summer baseball team holding 'Second Amendment Education Night'

There's going to be a "Second Amendment Education Night" in Battle Creek, Mich. on Friday, June 24. The event is sponsored by Freedom Firearms, who are actually calling it "Second Amendment Appreciation Night."

The Battle Creek Bombers are the host team.
Though the Second Amendment is a particularly hot button topic due to what is going on in Congress right now, a local report indicates that this event has been in the works for months. Some of the details, via fox17online.com:

"It's a celebration of responsible gun ownership and learning, if you do have a firearm, how to do it safely," said Bombers General Manager Tony Lovieno.
The event is sponsored by Freedom Firearms, and organizers say it's promoting firearms safety and education. Open carry is permitted at the game, however anybody caught drinking while carrying will be asked to leave immediately.

"There's going to be some booths underneath the bleachers set up showcasing the education portion," said Freedom Firearms co-owner Joel Fulton. "We're going to have some gun safe stuff for the kids there, basic safety stuff for kids so they know how to be safe around firearms."

No guns will be sold at the game, but trigger locks will be given away.
The Battle Creek Bombers play in the Northwoods League, which isn't affiliated at all with Major League Baseball -- or, obviously, by extension Minor League Baseball either. College baseball players continue playing in the summer once their school league has concluded and this league boasts that it has some of the top collegiate players in the Midwest.

As for attendance, it appears they actually draw (some college summer leagues don't), because the official website says that it is the first ever summer collegiate baseball league to draw one million fans in a season.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:33:49 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Hahahahaha all of the Honks

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
(Source) — Matt Damon will return to the big screen as trained assassin Jason Bourne later this month, and while promoting the new film in Australia over the weekend called for a ban on guns in the United States. In an interview with a reporter from the Sydney Morning Herald, Damon said: ‘You guys did it here in one fell swoop and I wish that could happen in my country, but it’s such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly. We just can’t.’ Damon made these comments at the red carpet premiere of the new Bourne movie, a film series in which he has killed at least 10 people with a firearm. Damon, who has reportedly made over $50million for his work in the four Bourne films, has also had no issue with using weapons in other films. The 45-year-old actor has also carried firearms in his movies The Departed, Green Zone and Elysium, to name just a few. Business Insider revealed in the wake of the massacre at Orlando gay club Pulse last month which left 49 dead and another 53 injured that of the 100 top grossing Hollywood films in 2015, 18 of them featured guns on their movie poster. Damon is pictured holding a gun on movies poster for all four of his Bourne films.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 11:49:50 AM »
Yeah but he's an actor.. it's not like Edward Norton is a murdering white supremacist because he starred in American History X. Or maybe he is IDK

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
Yeah but he's an actor.. it's not like Edward Norton is a murdering white supremacist because he starred in American History X. Or maybe he is IDK

Yeah I get it. But when you make millions from movies that glorify gun violence, shut the freak up about gun control. Obviously he doesn't care enough about his so called convictions to pass up on those movies.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:03:11 PM »
Yeah I get it. But when you make millions from movies that glorify gun violence, shut the freak up about gun control. Obviously he doesn't care enough about his so called convictions to pass up on those movies.

I wouldn't either. 

/$tarlord
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »
I wouldn't either. 

/$tarlord

I know right, for 50 mill over 4 movies you would be trained by the 300 survivors from the Pulse and like it. Then be happy to spout off on gay marriage.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 10:13:05 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 07:34:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/zvkkari/status/1267297174469009408?s=21

Land of the cigars and home of the brave

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/zvkkari/status/1267297174469009408?s=21

Land of the cigars and home of the brave
Don't know if it's true or not, but a guy in the thread mentioned in most cases, insurance doesn't cover acts of terrorism, so the looting isn't covered and it's a total loss.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 07:46:56 AM »
Don't know if it's true or not, but a guy in the thread mentioned in most cases, insurance doesn't cover acts of terrorism, so the looting isn't covered and it's a total loss.

I’m sure insurance companies aren’t currently scrambling to find loopholes and ways to avoid paying for all of this damage being caused.

Tags: