Author Topic: 2014 JetOffensive NFL Mock Draft 1.0  (Read 3682 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
2014 JetOffensive NFL Mock Draft 1.0
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
1.  Jacksonville Jaguars:  Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville
2.  Minnesota Vikings:  Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
3.  Houston Texans:  Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M
4.  Atlanta Falcons:  Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina
5.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
6.  St. Louis Rams (via WSH):  Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
7.  Buffalo Bills:  Anthony Barr - DE/LB - UCLA
8.  Pittsburgh Steelers:  Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
9.  Cleveland Browns:  Derek Carr - QB - Fresno State
10.  Baltimore Ravens:  Cameron Irving - OT - Florida State
11.  Tennessee Titans:  Zach Mettenberger - QB - LSU
12.  Oakland Raiders:  Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M
13.  St. Louis Rams:  Haha Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama
14.  San Diego Chargers:  Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State
15.  New York Giants:  Brandon Scherff - OT - Iowa
16.  Green Bay Packers:  Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina
17.  Miami Dolphins:  Cyrus Kouandjio - OT - Alabama
18.  Dallas Cowboys:  Khalil Mack - LB - Buffalo
19.  Chicago Bears:  Bryce Petty - QB - Baylor
20.  Arizona Cardinals:  Marqise Lee - WR - USC
21.  San Francisco 49ers:  Davante Adams - WR - Fresno State
22.  New York Jets:  AJ McCarron - QB - Alabama
23.  Carolina Panthers:  Brandin Cooks - WR - Oregon State
24.  Denver Broncos:  Vic Beasley - DE/LB - Clemson
25.  Philadelphia Eagles:  Stephon Tuitt - DL - Notre Dame
26.  Cincinnati Bengals:  Ryan Shazier - LB - Ohio State
27.  Detroit Lions:  Ife Ekpre-Olomu - CB - Oregon
28.  Cleveland Browns (via IND):  Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State
29.  New Orleans Saints:  Shilique Calhoun - DE - Michigan State
30.  New England Patriots:  Louis Nix - DL - Notre Dame
31.  Seattle Seahawks:  Randy Gregory - DE - Nebraska
32.  Kansas City Chiefs:  Jace Amaro - TE - Texas Tech

I don't really agree with this draft order when it comes to the playoffs caliber teams, but it's arranged by strength of schedule and it was the easiest template to use.  FWIW, I don't think Kansas City will win the Super Bowl, just like I think the Jets will have a higher selection and the Broncos will be picking later. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:56:01 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
Re: 2014 JetOffensive NFL Mock Draft 1.0
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »
Jets could be on the outside looking in for a offensive playmaker with all the offensive talent in the top 15. The next 6 games will determine Geno's Status going into 2014. It certainly looks like Idzik will be addressing the QB position in 2014. AJ certainly is an intelligent player that manages the game very well and is a winner.

Khalil Mack is killing it tonight, would love to have a chance picking up this kid. IMO, the Jets are going to finish 8-8 and not have a shot at Mack.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
Jets could be on the outside looking in for a offensive playmaker with all the offensive talent in the top 15. The next 6 games will determine Geno's Status going into 2014. It certainly looks like Idzik will be addressing the QB position in 2014. AJ certainly is an intelligent player that manages the game very well and is a winner.

Khalil Mack is killing it tonight, would love to have a chance picking up this kid. IMO, the Jets are going to finish 8-8 and not have a shot at Mack.

I almost left Eric Ebron out of my mock because there's rumors about him being a snitch. 

That's one of the lowest qualities a person can have.  Not sure I'd really want that in my team's locker room. 

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
I almost left Eric Ebron out of my mock because there's rumors about him being a snitch. 

That's one of the lowest qualities a person can have.  Not sure I'd really want that in my team's locker room.

What this all about??? Link???

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »
What this all about??? Link???

There's not a link, just some information I got from an inside source. 

Heard some stuff about Ebron going to North Carolina's coaching staff and ratting out his teammates.  Supposedly, some of them (their best players, that I don't want to name) are unhappy at UNC and they're thinking about basically staging a coup against the staff and Larry Fedora. 

So Fedora is quietly weeding out these players and not letting their fanbase know about it.  Certain members of his staff that the players trust are doing a bunch of dirty work for him - trying to get in with the players and gain information.  Stuff like where are these players transferring and what are they saying about the coaches behind the scenes.

Once they get that information, they run back to Fedora, basically kissing his derriere because they don't want to give up their power and their authority.

It's hard for me to respect that head coach, his staff, and a "teammate" like Ebron.  The staff should be comfortable with their current roster.  It's probably going to suck dick for at least a decade, but they chose this path.  They better watch out for their in-state rival though.  It's looking like they have all of the talent, and more is coming in. 

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
I haven't been a big fan of NC's Head Coaches....Mack, Davis & Fedora.

I don't know too much about Fedora's motives. I remember he was pissed off Art Briles got  the Baylor job over him. BTW, Briles is an outstanding coach, everywhere he's coached he's turned around the program, great offensive mind.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:04:23 PM by WW85 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13:05 PM »
I don't know too much about Fedora's motives.

Just a cowardly figurehead. 

The players aren't breaking any team specific rules by calling him out, yet he's still using shady methods to get rid of them.  When two respected young players questioned him about the sudden dismissals, he made an example out of them.  They were cut from the team, no questioned asked.  Wasted potential.  One of them could be considered the best that never was.  I heard that he's dead now. 

Fedora at least has something to lose in all of this.  His staff is what really irks me.  The fact that they would leak information to him - information from people that sort of respected them - because he's out of touch with his locker room just disgusts me. 

For what?  All they're doing is trying to create a better situation for players with similar beliefs.  That UNC locker room was polluted with filth, idiocy, and power hungry staff members. 

The grass is greener, and Ebron doesn't want them to water it.  Well, they're watering it with his tears.