Author Topic: 2013 Hot Seat  (Read 21811 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2013 Hot Seat
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 07:43:14 PM »
Jon Gruden sucks, Rex is a better coach.

"he didnt have the talent because his GM sucked"

Super Bowl winner, great career record as a head coach, and a winning record in the postseason...but hey, he's annoying as a broadcaster, so Rex Ryan is better. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
I thought the Jets had the least talented roster in the NFL on paper, our starting QB is on IR, our #1 wr missed almost the whole season, and we just traded our best player.

Yet were 5-5

I could be crazy but that means Rex is a pretty freaking good coach.

I hate to sound like Hobbes, but if Sanchez was healthy, this team would be at least 6-4 right now and contending for the divison

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
I thought the Jets had the least talented roster in the NFL on paper, our starting QB is on IR, our #1 wr missed almost the whole season, and we just traded our best player.

Yet were 5-5

I could be crazy but that means Rex is a pretty freaking good coach.

I hate to sound like Hobbes, but if Sanchez was healthy, this team would be at least 6-4 right now and contending for the divison

-__-

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »
Why?  The run defense will still most likely be elite if he's gone.  ...because the talent is there.  It's not like he's working with a bunch of slouches up front. 

A lot of coordinators could do very well in New York with the personnel that we have on the defensive side of the ball. 

Kevin Sumlin
Greg Roman
David Shaw
Adam Gase
Jon Gruden
Jay Gruden

Rex is a DL coach first and foremost.

They'd still all be good, but who knows just how good Mo/Sheldon/Harrison would be without him.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »
Rex is a DL coach first and foremost.

They'd still all be good, but who knows just how good Mo/Sheldon/Harrison would be without him.

Yeah, I'm sure his knowledge of the position had quite an impact on those players (especially Harrison), but I don't think there would be a huge drop off if someone else came in. 

Richardson and Wilkerson are elite talents. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
"he didnt have the talent because his GM sucked"

I never argued Rex is great but if you gave Rex a team that had Aaron Rogers as QB with an ok defense he is a super bowl winning coach. That's the equivalent to what happened to Gruden. He was handed the keys to an all time great defense, freak that guy......I can fecking curse now.

Edit: freak You and your edit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:49:48 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure his knowledge of the position had quite an impact on those players (especially Harrison), but I don't think there would be a huge drop off if someone else came in. 

Richardson and Wilkerson are elite talents. 

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/19/4748418/the-buccaneers-are-wasting-darrelle-revis-talents-all-22-breakdown

Elite Talents arent the same without Rex

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »
I never argued Rex is great but if you gave Rex a team that had Aaron Rogers as QB with an ok defense he is a super bowl winning coach. That's the equivalent to what happened to Gruden. He was handed the keys to an all time great defense, freak that guy......I can fecking curse now.

He was a bullshit call away (Tuck Rule) from taking Oakland to the Super Bowl too, and he won a freaking Super Bowl with Brad Johnson...and the team that he beat with Tampa in that Super Bowl was the team that he built from the ground up. 

Gruden's a very good coach that gets a bad wrap because he's annoying as hell on TV. 

He got fired after consecutive winning seasons.  His team made the playoffs in 2007 after losing 10 starters to injury. 

If you want strong QB play, he's your guy. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:53:14 PM by Heismanberg »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/19/4748418/the-buccaneers-are-wasting-darrelle-revis-talents-all-22-breakdown

Elite Talents arent the same without Rex

Just stop...

Revis was pretty damn good when Eric Mangini was calling the shots. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »

Super Bowl winner, great career record as a head coach, and a winning record in the postseason...but hey, he's annoying as a broadcaster, so Rex Ryan is better. 

Hey edit boy you got one thing right, he is annoying. His career winning percentage is .541, spectfuckingtacular, he is 5-4 in the playoffs, oh wow amazing.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 07:55:15 PM »
Just stop...

Revis was pretty damn good when Eric Mangini was calling the shots. 

He wasnt elite, and he definitely wasnt in DPOTY contention.

i dont think losing Rex might have an major impact on Wilkerson as hes already an all-pro beast one of the best in the league at his position.

But Richardson is a rookie, theres absolutely no question whatsoever that losing Rex and changing schemes would freak with his development and negatively impact him.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
He was a bullshit call away (Tuck Rule) from taking Oakland to the Super Bowl too, and he won a freaking Super Bowl with Brad Johnson...and the team that he beat with Tampa in that Super Bowl was the team that he built from the ground up. 

Gruden's a very good coach that gets a bad wrap because he's annoying as hell on TV. 

He got fired after consecutive winning seasons.  His team made the playoffs in 2007 after losing 10 starters to injury. 

If you want strong QB play, he's your guy. 

Dude he went thru more QB's in Tampa then you did underwear at boarding school.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »
Hey edit boy you got one thing right, he is annoying. His career winning percentage is .541, spectfuckingtacular, he is 5-4 in the playoffs, oh wow amazing.

Multiple conference championship appearances, and a Super Bowl win

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »
Dude he went thru more QB's in Tampa then you did underwear at boarding school.

And he still won

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »
And he still won

In 2003 sure and he was still barely above 500 with that franchise.