Author Topic: 2013 Hot Seat  (Read 21815 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2013 Hot Seat
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
I don't disagree with you about Ryan being on the hot seat, because he is.  I just think it's freaking retarded he is because he's a damn good coach and chances are his replacement won't be as good.

I think he's a great defensive coach, one of the best minds in the sport.  What he wanted to do stopped working and it likely won't work in today's NFL.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
I don't disagree with you about Ryan being on the hot seat, because he is.  I just think it's freaking retarded he is because he's a damn good coach and chances are his replacement won't be as good.

He's a good coordinator buthe cannot manage a whole team. He admits as much every time he hires a new OC and gives them complete control.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
I think he's a great defensive coach, one of the best minds in the sport.  What he wanted to do stopped working and it likely won't work in today's NFL.

And he adjusted by getting a passing OC and saying ground and pound isn't as great any more

The only problem is we have a excrement QB so running is still better.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »
And he adjusted by getting a passing OC and saying ground and pound isn't as great any more

It took him a few seasons too many to realize this, and it hasn't really been working out much in 2013. 

The only problem is we have a excrement QB so running is still better.

Same story, different season. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:49:37 PM by Heismanberg »

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
It took him a few seasons too many to realize this, and it hasn't really been working out much in 2013. 

Same story, different season.

Those first three seasons he went 32-22 and two AFCCG's with that terrible failure of a philosophy that doesn't work.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Those first three seasons he went 32-22 and two AFCCG's with that terrible failure of a philosophy that doesn't work.

It doesn't work anymore, that's why he "adjusted" and hired Marty Mornhinweg. 

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
We could do a hell of a lot worse than Rex.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »
We could do a hell of a lot worse than Rex.

I believe he still has the highest winning percentage in franchise history. Also I believe he has the 2nd most playoff victories in our history as well.

Also I think Heismanberg is looking at this information opposite the rest of us.

He sees the fact Rex still has a team winning despite horrific QB play, and blames Rex for putting the offense in such a situation. Others (myself included) look at the fact we haven't ever had a QB and have a terrible offense and Rex has still found ways to win games and have the success he has had as showing that Rex is a damn good coach who just needs somebody to actually give him freaking talent on the offensive side now that he doesn't get as much say in "buying the groceries" as he did before.

So to sum up, I'm in favor of Rex.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
I'm still in favor of Rex. But the remaining 6 games on the schedule will have a lot of influence on how attached I am to him.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »
If he pulls a winning season out with this excrement offense he can stay. If this excrement offense is still a excrement offense next season he can GTFO.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
He sees the fact Rex still has a team winning despite horrific QB play, and blames Rex for putting the offense in such a situation. Others (myself included) look at the fact we haven't ever had a QB and have a terrible offense and Rex has still found ways to win games and have the success he has had as showing that Rex is a damn good coach who just needs somebody to actually give him freaking talent on the offensive side now that he doesn't get as much say in "buying the groceries" as he did before.

It isn't all on Mike Tannenbaum.  I feel like I've said this a thousand times, but Ryan supposedly takes pride in building a defense with castoffs and nobodies.  Instead, he has a defense stacked with talent and an offense filled with trash. 

It was his job to tell Mike Tannenbaum that offense should come first, because he should have a pretty decent defense no matter who's out there.

It's a one-sided roster, and it shows every single week.  In the end, the man in charge is responsible. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
We take a giant step backwards if we fire Rex. Anyone got any decent replacement candidates? and this genius offensive minded coach that people are clamoring for... where does he come from?

If offensive picks like Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill, ect. panned out, we would telling a different story. Is it Rex's fault Geno Smith isn't good because he's not an offensive minded coach?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
We take a giant step backwards if we fire Rex.

Why?  The run defense will still most likely be elite if he's gone.  ...because the talent is there.  It's not like he's working with a bunch of slouches up front. 

A lot of coordinators could do very well in New York with the personnel that we have on the defensive side of the ball. 

Anyone got any decent replacement candidates? and this genius offensive minded coach that people are clamoring for... where does he come from?

Kevin Sumlin
Greg Roman
David Shaw
Adam Gase
Jon Gruden
Jay Gruden

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »
Oh look another Rex is a good DC but poor HC argument, no way. All the Super Bowl winning coaches of the last decade are adept at both sides and can coordinate either phase of the game they're so familiar with everything.

Oh wait no they're not, it's a specious argument but hey let's continue with it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »
Why?  The run defense will still most likely be elite if he's gone.  ...because the talent is there.  It's not like he's working with a bunch of slouches up front. 

A lot of coordinators could do very well in New York with the personnel that we have on the defensive side of the ball. 

Kevin Sumlin
Greg Roman
David Shaw
Adam Gase
Jon Gruden
Jay Gruden

Jon Gruden sucks, Rex is a better coach.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!