Author Topic: 2016 Jets Free Agency  (Read 34556 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: 2016 Jets Free Agency
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
His views mostly seem to mesh with the concensus on here, I think. OL is decent for now but we need to draft young blood to replace aging players on it, and we desperately need speed off the edge.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00:46 AM »
His views mostly seem to mesh with the concensus on here, I think. OL is decent for now but we need to draft young blood to replace aging players on it, and we desperately need speed off the edge.

You have to be blind not to see they need speed on the egdes. At least we know that they know what the needs are, I can't say I was confident the previous regimes did.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
You have to be blind not to see they need speed on the egdes. At least we know that they know what the needs are, I can't say I was confident the previous regimes did.

Watching Calvin Pace trying to chase down Tyrod Taylor was one of the most depressing memories of last season. I honestly think that Leonard Williams is faster than Pace.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
Randy Bullock is faster than Pace, although he probably confused Tyrod Taylor for a buffalo wing

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
I honestly think that Leonard Williams is faster than Pace.

Leonard Williams might be faster than David Harris. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
Leonard Williams might be faster than David Harris. 

No doubt Williams is a hell of an athlete and very fast for a man of his size, but it's still embarrassing that we have an outside linebacker who is slower than a 300lb lineman.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 12:40:58 PM »
No doubt Williams is a hell of an athlete and very fast for a man of his size, but it's still embarrassing that we have an outside linebacker who is slower than a 300lb lineman.

Mo Wilkerson and Leonard Williams both run 4.9s. 

Sheldon Richardson ran a 4.81 at Missouri's Pro Day.  Lorenzo Mauldin ran a 4.85. 

It's time to put some athletes behind these athletes.  Darron Lee would be really interesting in this defense.  He's going to be a hell of a weapon in the NFL because of his versatility.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 12:48:37 PM »
Mo Wilkerson and Leonard Williams both run 4.9s. 

Sheldon Richardson ran a 4.81 at Missouri's Pro Day.  Lorenzo Mauldin ran a 4.85. 

It's time to put some athletes behind these athletes.  Darron Lee would be really interesting in this defense.  He's going to be a hell of a weapon in the NFL because of his versatility.

DeMario Davis is an athlete (4.61 at the Combine) and Harris makes up for a lack of speed with his intelligence and consistency. Mauldin is proving himself to be a solid starter, Trevor Reilly is establishing himself well and is also fast (4.66 at Utah's pro day). I really think that Pace is the main problem, and it's time to move on from him. Draft a good athlete at the position and let's put Pace's $2M+ cap hit back into the pot.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 12:54:29 PM »
DeMario Davis is an athlete (4.61 at the Combine) and Harris makes up for a lack of speed with his intelligence and consistency. Mauldin is proving himself to be a solid starter, Trevor Reilly is establishing himself well and is also fast (4.66 at Utah's pro day). I really think that Pace is the main problem, and it's time to move on from him. Draft a good athlete at the position and let's put Pace's $2M+ cap hit back into the pot.

Calvin Pace is gone.  His contract is up. 

Have you seen Ryan Shazier play?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 12:57:21 PM »
I don't think we're going to re-sign Demario Davis either. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
Calvin Pace is gone.  His contract is up. 

Have you seen Ryan Shazier play?

I have. I think we could find room on the roster for a player like him.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
I have. I think we could find room on the roster for a player like him.

Watching Shazier run really shows out slow our linebackers our.  I know that he's one of the fastest in the NFL, but if Ezekiel Elliott is gone, Maccagnan needs to take a long look at Darron Lee.  Possibly Reggie Ragland too.

Jaylon Smith is the player to keep an eye on.  That injury moves a Top 5 player into the teens, maybe even further. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »
Watching Shazier run really shows out slow our linebackers our.  I know that he's one of the fastest in the NFL, but if Ezekiel Elliott is gone, Maccagnan needs to take a long look at Darron Lee.  Possibly Reggie Ragland too.

Jaylon Smith is the player to keep an eye on.  That injury moves a Top 5 player into the teens, maybe even further. 

I think Shazier's a slightly unfair comparison though, he's faster than most receivers and backs.

Luke Kuechly - 4.58
Lavonte David - 4.61
NaVorro Bowman - 4.70
Sean Lee - 4.72
CJ Mosley - 4.64

None of our linebackers bar Pace and Harris are slower than them. They're not as good, but that's because these guys win the first half second in their heads. I swear that half the time players like Kuechly and Lee know what the QB is going to do before he's even got that far in his reads, and are on their way to the play before the QB has decided to make it.