Author Topic: lolColts  (Read 17371 times)

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
Re: lolColts
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »
This isn't directed as a shot at you, but I can't stand this idea. For years, everyone from the fans to the media has talked about building a team to dethrone the Pats. There's a single formula for beating the Pats, and it has been proven effective repeatedly by multiple teams, including the Jets. It's also the same formula that works against any team with an elite QB.

1) Hit the QB early and often, even if it doesn't tally as an official sack.
2) Keep your offense on the field as long as possible and score whenever possible.

Just build a quality team, and stop worrying about how they're going to find a way to win.

I get your point, the Pats are best team in the NFL. They are the high watermark and you need to prove you are better than them. You design a team that can beat any team, but especially the Patriots.

We know the formula; keep the QB off the field, when he's on the field he's on his back. It doesn't mean you have the pieces to get it done.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 10:30:58 AM »
I get your point, the Pats are best team in the NFL. They are the high watermark and you need to prove you are better than them. You design a team that can beat any team, but especially the Patriots.

We know the formula; keep the QB off the field, when he's on the field he's on his back. It doesn't mean you have the pieces to get it done.

We're basically on the same page. I just can't stand the idea that you build your team like that to beat them. It's the formula to beat anyone. I see it as a defeatist attitude to pretend you're only chasing them--cream of the crop or not.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
This isn't directed as a shot at you, but I can't stand this idea. For years, everyone from the fans to the media has talked about building a team to dethrone the Pats. There's a single formula for beating the Pats, and it has been proven effective repeatedly by multiple teams, including the Jets. It's also the same formula that works against any team with an elite QB.

1) Hit the QB early and often, even if it doesn't tally as an official sack.
2) Keep your offense on the field as long as possible and score whenever possible.

Just build a quality team, and stop worrying about how they're going to find a way to win.

3) Don't be afraid to be aggressive in your offensive playcalling. The Eagles proved that last Sunday...with a backup QB.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter · 11m11 minutes ago 

Colts' GM Chris Ballard wraps his press conference by saying, "The rivalry is back on."

lol

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
3) Don't be afraid to be aggressive in your offensive playcalling. The Eagles proved that last Sunday...with a backup QB.

But really, the key was a balanced attack. They ran the ball well, and that set them up for success in the passing game.

The Eagles played a good clean game. I hadn't watched a single other Eagles game all year, but the team that played in the Super Bowl is exactly the kind of team I want to see the Jets build.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »
But really, the key was a balanced attack. They ran the ball well, and that set them up for success in the passing game.

The Eagles played a good clean game. I hadn't watched a single other Eagles game all year, but the team that played in the Super Bowl is exactly the kind of team I want to see the Jets build.
yarp

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:07 PM »
If Indy wanted to give the Jets their first rounder for Bowles, I would pack his bags and drive him to the airport myself.

I knew it! You're Joe Beningo in real life.

We're basically on the same page. I just can't stand the idea that you build your team like that to beat them. It's the formula to beat anyone. I see it as a defeatist attitude to pretend you're only chasing them--cream of the crop or not.

I get this, but people conflate the idea of beating them head to head in a game and winning the division, which gives us a much clearer path through the playoffs and to where we want to go. That's the problem with having them in our division, aside from having to play them twice a year.

The last time we went to the AFC Championship Game we beat them 2 of 3 and and beat them in the playoffs in Foxboro, but then still had to go on the road for a third straight week and didn't get to the Super Bowl. It's not that we can't beat them, but when Brady and Belichick go we'll have a much better chance of getting through the playoffs, like all the teams in the other divisions have had all this time. New England has won the AFC East 10 years in a row now and 16 of 18, that's unheard of.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 12:21:55 PM »
Alio's not wrong though. You can lose to New England twice and still finish 14-2, which will win you the division and almost certainly the #1 seed. You can beat them twice and still finish 2-14, which will probably get you the #1 overall pick.

Build a team that wins games, and if it also beats New England then all the better.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
Dan Graziano‏Verified account @DanGrazianoESPN · 19m19 minutes ago 

Source says agent Bob LaMonte, who represents Josh McDaniels, Colts GM Chris Ballard and many other coaches/execs, is terminating his relationship with McDaniels. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0752957927832162658-4

hahaha...enjoy that scarlet letter, McDaniels.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
Alio's not wrong though. You can lose to New England twice and still finish 14-2, which will win you the division and almost certainly the #1 seed. You can beat them twice and still finish 2-14, which will probably get you the #1 overall pick.

Build a team that wins games, and if it also beats New England then all the better.

Right, my point is we need other people to beat New England or we're still never going to win the division. The year we beat them 2 of 3 we were 11-5 and still finished two games behind them.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 10:42:37 PM »
Right, my point is we need other people to beat New England or we're still never going to win the division. The year we beat them 2 of 3 we were 11-5 and still finished two games behind them.

Bullshit. In 2015, if we would've have been swept by the Bills, we win the division at 12-4.

This team has gotten to 10 wins twice in the past 10 years. There's the problem, regardless of who plays in the same division.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »
Bullshit. In 2015, if we would've have been swept by the Bills, we win the division at 12-4.

This team has gotten to 10 wins twice in the past 10 years. There's the problem, regardless of who plays in the same division.

That's one year out of 18.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »

Every year we've beaten NE post-2001, they've failed to reach the Super Bowl.

We've also not had a losing record in any of those seasons either. So being able to beat NE seems to be related to us being good and them not being good enough to win it all.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »

Every year we've beaten NE post-2001, they've failed to reach the Super Bowl.

We've also not had a losing record in any of those seasons either. So being able to beat NE seems to be related to us being good and them not being good enough to win it all.

Yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
Yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts.

Well my facts don't prove any particular point, I just thought they were interesting.

Tags: