Author Topic: Senior Bowl  (Read 35048 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: Senior Bowl
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
I love that they let RS Juniors who have graduated play in the game now. I wonder if there will be any big name candidates who are eligible to  jump in and play.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:42 PM »
I love that they let RS Juniors who have graduated play in the game now. I wonder if there will be any big name candidates who are eligible to  jump in and play.

I hope Blake Bortles and Dion Bailey are added. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 05:32:55 AM »

I hope Blake Bortles and Dion Bailey are added.

Just looked for the higher ranked RS Jrs. Yankey, Erving, Beasely all good options, but you're right that Blake Bortles is the most intriguing name by far. That could be massive for him.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 06:28:18 AM »

Just looked for the higher ranked RS Jrs. Yankey, Erving, Beasely all good options, but you're right that Blake Bortles is the most intriguing name by far. That could be massive for him.

Just came here to ask that question since Cuse has a RS JR entering the draft now in Jerome Smith (bad move by him I think, but RBs need to leave with low mileage) and was curious to see if he might make the game, not sure how good the "normal" class of senior RBs is.

Hearing that Bortles might be in the game with Carr just got me excited...

Is it shameful to hope they play "meh" so that they don't go top 10 and we have a chance to land a guy?
Need a new one for a new board...

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 07:22:36 AM »

Just came here to ask that question since Cuse has a RS JR entering the draft now in Jerome Smith (bad move by him I think, but RBs need to leave with low mileage) and was curious to see if he might make the game, not sure how good the "normal" class of senior RBs is.

Hearing that Bortles might be in the game with Carr just got me excited...

Is it shameful to hope they play "meh" so that they don't go top 10 and we have a chance to land a guy?

They'll probably try and keep it to the highest level guys, like Pugh past year.  They also have 5 backs already in the game, totaled just six last year inc. fullbacks.

As for Bortles, timing may be perfect because they'll be looking to replace Murray soon, hopefully if/after Bortles declares. I hope that they all just like excrement up the rest of the way so I feel good about being around 12 and still getting a high level QB.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 08:26:13 AM »
They'll probably try and keep it to the highest level guys, like Pugh past year.  They also have 5 backs already in the game, totaled just six last year inc. fullbacks.

As for Bortles, timing may be perfect because they'll be looking to replace Murray soon, hopefully if/after Bortles declares. I hope that they all just like excrement up the rest of the way so I feel good about being around 12 and still getting a high level QB.

Hopefully Smith will get into the East-West game then. I'm with you, hoping that Carr and Bortles have sub-par postseasons so somebody is hanging out for us to take. Oh and it wouldn't be too much to ask for somebody like Devante Adams to have a poor offseason so he's available in round 2 is it?

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
Hopefully Smith will get into the East-West game then. I'm with you, hoping that Carr and Bortles have sub-par postseasons so somebody is hanging out for us to take. Oh and it wouldn't be too much to ask for somebody like Devante Adams to have a poor offseason so he's available in round 2 is it?

I meant to put light excrement up*, instead " like excrement up" sounds bad.  I'd rather them all just be fantastic so when we do take a guy I feel good about it.  None of the guys outside of Bridgewater are truly that high level prospect just yet, so I'd need to see some more from them all to remove the reservations. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
I meant to put light excrement up*, instead " like excrement up" sounds bad.  I'd rather them all just be fantastic so when we do take a guy I feel good about it.  None of the guys outside of Bridgewater are truly that high level prospect just yet, so I'd need to see some more from them all to remove the reservations. 

Yes but my thought is if they light excrement up, then what chances are there that we can get a QB in what will in all liklihood be between picks 10-16? If they light it up, and there are only 3 guys, they might not make it out of the top 5 let alone the top 10

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »
Yeah, but the thought of any if these guys having a poor offseason would be enough for me to really second guess their ability to be the guy. They all have questions. It's a catch 22

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »

Have those guys all graduated yet?  I'm not sure Vic Beasley has. 

I know that Bortles and Bailey have their degrees. 

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »

Have those guys all graduated yet?  I'm not sure Vic Beasley has. 

I know that Bortles and Bailey have their degrees.
No clue, just throwing names out I saw that were. RS Jrs. I figure Clemson just hands out degrees anyway so he can graduate whenever he needs to.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Pretty stupid that EJ Gaines didn't receive an invite.  Serious sleeper to fly up. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »
AJ McCarron pulled a Geno Smith and he won't play in the Senior Bowl.  I'm extremely disappointed. 

Sounds like Jimmy Garoppolo will take his spot. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »
AJ McCarron pulled a Geno Smith and he won't play in the Senior Bowl.  I'm extremely disappointed. 

Sounds like Jimmy Garoppolo will take his spot. 

What's McCarrons reasoning?

Also the chance to watch Garoppolo is a bonus.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:19 PM »
What's McCarrons reasoning?

Standing on his play during his career at Alabama

Tags: