Author Topic: lolChargers  (Read 12120 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: lolChargers
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
So what's the date for him to sign a deal or get sent back to the draft next year? Sometime in January right?

But in all seriousness, what team would risk a high pick on him if he won't sign a deal? Hell yes not becoming a charger he will leave money on the table as a non-top 3 pick in a future draft class, even if his new team fully guarantees his entire deal
Need a new one for a new board...

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Another lol Chargers Thread For The Schmuck Bojanglesman
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
So what's the date for him to sign a deal or get sent back to the draft next year? Sometime in January right?

But in all seriousness, what team would risk a high pick on him if he won't sign a deal? Hell yes not becoming a charger he will leave money on the table as a non-top 3 pick in a future draft class, even if his new team fully guarantees his entire deal

The Pats would take him.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 06:16:51 PM »
If I'm him I happily lose money now to freak the chargers. Hopefully the raiders draft him and he becomes a legend. freak the chargers

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I don't know if I'd be willing to risk millions of dollars over it.  Maybe a couple hundred grand, I don't know.  He has no way of knowing anything about his future if he waits.  What happens if he gets hurt?  I guess he can get insurance for that.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 06:40:38 PM »
It's easy to say I'd give up millions to prove a point, because I'm poor and don't have millions.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »
If he went from 3rd overall to anywhere from 15-32 he would lose around 16 million dollars , which is well over 60% of his contract

And considering that now hes going to miss game time, the Chargers got him by the balls

Id ultimately guess that the chargers wont dock him for any games missed though

http://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-draft-2016-contracts-projected-salaries-all-first-round-picks-2361279

Of course theyre also getting fucked because they could lose an extremely valuable pick

At least Bosa can make back a freak ton of cash if he lands in a better situation where he can get a monster payday on a future contract
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:56:40 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
And this
Statement from Joey Bosa’s Representatives
[Editor’s note: CAA, the firm that represents Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa, issued a statement on Wednesday night in response to a statement issued and comments made by the team on Wednesday.]
It is unfortunate the San Diego Chargers have decided to manipulate facts and negotiate in the media.  The team surely is not strengthening its relationship with Joey Bosa by taking this stance and making their position public.
We have decided that we will not engage in public negotiations or discuss numbers and/or terms in this negotiation.
We will say, that it is ironic that the team now takes issue with the timing of Joey’s arrival, since the Chargers unilaterally decided to remain silent for the first 14 days of training camp instead of replying in a timely fashion to the proposal we made on the eve of training camp on July 28th.
At this point, all we can do is continue to fight for a fair contract on behalf of our client, as we do for all of our clients.  The Chargers can focus on trying to sway public opinion, but our focus will remain on our client and securing a contract for him that is fair and consistent with his draft position.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 09:08:57 PM »
If I'm in that position it's hard to give up the money now but if I'm thinking about having a long career with a huge second and maybe 3rd deal I don't think the chargers are the place to get that done.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 09:15:27 PM »
If I'm in that position it's hard to give up the money now but if I'm thinking about having a long career with a huge second and maybe 3rd deal I don't think the chargers are the place to get that done.

On the flip side it gets him a second contract one year sooner

Not to mention having a powerhouse QB puts you in a position to get lots of sacks

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »
On the flip side it gets him a second contract one year sooner

Not to mention having a powerhouse QB puts you in a position to get lots of sacks

Chargers have a shitty reputation all around. There is stuff to worry about over the next few years like will they give him the right/best treatment when he gets banged up. Other quality of life excrement I'm sure we aren't aware of.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 08:27:05 AM »
Chargers have a shitty reputation all around. There is stuff to worry about over the next few years like will they give him the right/best treatment when he gets banged up. Other quality of life excrement I'm sure we aren't aware of.

Someone on Twitter (maybe an ESPN personality, I don't remember) made the point that the Chargers are currently trying to sway public opinion on a new stadium as well and that both the Bosa thing and that are related.

I actually just looked up news about their stadium plans. Seems the latest poll shows only 25% voter support--with 52% strongly or somewhat opposed to it.

Of the respondents in the YouGov poll, 34% identified themselves as Chargers fans. Of those Chargers fans, 48% strongly or somewhat supported the measure and 30% strongly or somewhat opposed it.

Overall, the YouGov poll found stronger feelings among those who oppose it. Data showed that 41% strongly opposed it and 11% somewhat opposed it, compared to 13% who strongly supported it and 12% percent who somewhat supported it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »
If the Spanos family proposed a crisp hundred dollar bill to be presented to each ticket holder upon entry and free beer for the duration of the game they would still struggle to get approval from a majority of the Chargers' fanbase.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »
Response from Team Bosa:

Official Statement from Joey Bosa's representatives:

It is unfortunate the San Diego Chargers have decided to manipulate facts and negotiate in the media. The team surely is not strengthening its relationship with Joey Bosa by taking this stance and making their position public.

We have decided that we will not engage in public negotiations or discuss numbers and/or terms in this negotiation.

We will say, that it is ironic that the team now takes issue with the timing of Joey’s arrival, since the Chargers unilaterally decided to remain silent for the first 14 days of training camp instead of replying in a timely fashion to the proposal we made on the eve of training camp on July 28th.

At this point, all we can do is continue to fight for a fair contract on behalf of our client, as we do for all of our clients. The Chargers can focus on trying to sway public opinion, but our focus will remain on our client and securing a contract for him that is fair and consistent with his draft position.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »
Joey Bosa caved.  Signed a 4 yr deal
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
There's a lot of supposition here, but I would freaking love to see this happen. Spanos would have to sell to someone new though, but San Diego is a brilliant city that really should have its football team.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/21/don-banks-nfl-is-talking-about-forcing-chargers-back-to-san-diego/

Tags: