Author Topic: 2015 Heisman Trophy  (Read 2323 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
2015 Heisman Trophy
« on: December 12, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »
Christian McCaffrey better win (but he won't). 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2015 Heisman Trophy
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »
Which longtime broken record is more impressive? Herschel Walkers most rushing yards by an SEC back broken by Derek He ray or McCaffery breaking Barry Sanders record for All-Purpose Yards as a sophomore?

Also I'm curious to know the draftniks thoughts on which of the finalists has the best pro prospects...
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Which longtime broken record is more impressive? Herschel Walkers most rushing yards by an SEC back broken by Derek He ray or McCaffery breaking Barry Sanders record for All-Purpose Yards as a sophomore?

Also I'm curious to know the draftniks thoughts on which of the finalists has the best pro prospects...

The all-purpose yardage record is more impressive, but SEC bias will get Derrick Henry the award.  Can't really be upset about any of these kids winning it though.  It's about time to start calling Alabama running backs "system backs" after Ingram, Lacy, and Richardson have all been somewhat mediocre (or worse) in the pros.  Talented players, but their OL in college creates a lot for them too. 

I think DeShaun Watson is the best pro prospect of the three, but I'd love to see McCaffrey do well in the NFL at RB. 

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
The all-purpose yardage record is more impressive, but SEC bias will get Derrick Henry the award.  Can't really be upset about any of these kids winning it though.  It's about time to start calling Alabama running backs "system backs" after Ingram, Lacy, and Richardson have all been somewhat mediocre (or worse) in the pros.  Talented players, but their OL in college creates a lot for them too. 

I think DeShaun Watson is the best pro prospect of the three, but I'd love to see McCaffrey do well in the NFL at RB. 

Here's the real question, who will McCaffery be compared to?  I have all my money on one guy, but I'll wait to see what you say first.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 07:52:26 PM »
Here's the real question, who will McCaffery be compared to?  I have all my money on one guy, but I'll wait to see what you say first.

Brian Westbrook is my comparison

He'll get compared to Danny Woodhead

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:51 PM »
Derrick Henry is sweating something fierce

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »

I sure as hell hope he gets compared to somebody of greater NFL clout than Chadron States greatest Alum

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
I knew that would happen, but still kind of disappointed. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
I knew that would happen, but still kind of disappointed. 

Stanford backs just can't beat out Bama backs. Ingram beat out Gerhart and now Henry over McCaffery. Granted the year Ingram won, any of this years three would have won instead of Ingram.

I'd be curious to know if Stanford had beaten Northwestern and was in the playoff, if the result would have been different.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »

Nothing much to say other than this. I knew Henry would win, this award has lost its meaning to me.

I was listening to a interview where 2 of the 3 In adiscussion were voters . All old 2 of 3 southern.the guys breakdown was essentially. I go by the eye test and I only vote for players I've seen. I just haven't seen much of Stanford.

This same Mook praddled on about how Fournette should be the winner.

Take a wild guess who he went on to vote for lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:05:32 PM by Coach K »

Ignatius J Reilly

2015 Heisman Trophy
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »
Stanford backs just can't beat out Bama backs. Ingram beat out Gerhart and now Henry over McCaffery. Granted the year Ingram won, any of this years three would have won instead of Ingram.

I'd be curious to know if Stanford had beaten Northwestern and was in the playoff, if the result would have been different.

That year may have pissed me off more.  This year I was just resigned to the fact that a Stanford player wasn't going to win.  The argument against Gerhart was that he was "too boring".  All he did was carry an entire team on his back.  At least Christian lost to a great back.  He should have taken it, though.

And Oregon kept Stanford out of the playoff.  Not Northwestern.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 08:46:41 AM »

Woodhead is a likely one.  I think that people will throw out Edelman and justify it by saying how "versatile" McCaffery is (aka honkey can't play RB) and how Edelman wasn't a WR in college either. 

As for real comps, I was thinking younger Tiki Barber, but Westbrook is more accurate. 

Tags: