Author Topic: Marcus Williams sprained MCL  (Read 3448 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Marcus Williams sprained MCL
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
According to Bowles, Williams could play next weekend.

we freaking need him to.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
You can't trade Milliner off a torn Achilles. Also, Milliner missed most of camp, and the guys above him are good enough where the team has no incentive to play Milliner, even if he is the best cornerback in the NFL.

Except that there were reports (and I seem to recall seeing that Maccagnan confirmed) that teams were calling about him and the Jets wanted to see what they had in him before trading him.

No incentive? Are we to seriously believe that Darrin Walls is a better corner than Dee Milliner? Because Walls played defense on Sunday while Dee played specials.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
Are we to seriously believe that Darrin Walls is a better corner than Dee Milliner? Because Walls played defense on Sunday while Dee played specials.

Until we see differently I believe Walls and Williams are better than Milliner. Professional coaches, including a head coach who played secondary in the NFL, put both those guys out there ahead of Milliner.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 01:49:30 PM »
Until we see differently I believe Walls and Williams are better than Milliner. Professional coaches, including a head coach who played secondary in the NFL, put both those guys out there ahead of Milliner.

I guess my sarcasm wasn't showing through. I agree, an entire coaching staff is relegating Milliner to a special teams player. The problem isn't the coaching, it's the player.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »

The problem isn't the coaching, it's the player.

Not sure I agree with you there. Do you honestly believe that?
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »
Dee Milliner clearly isn't a part of what Bowles and Maccagnan want to do.  That's fine.  He's proven nothing to them and he can't stay healthy.

We lucked out and found a player in Marcus Williams.  This team need to cut ties with deadweight of the past regime.

Milliner and Geno need to go. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 07:23:32 AM »
Dee Milliner clearly isn't a part of what Bowles and Maccagnan want to do.  That's fine.  He's proven nothing to them and he can't stay healthy.

We lucked out and found a player in Marcus Williams.  This team need to cut ties with deadweight of the past regime.

Milliner and Geno need to go.

and Brick, and Cromartie. i think Brick and Cro would free up over 16 mil

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »
I don't mind if Brick stays another year (not at his current salary) unless we are able to draft a top LT that is ready to play day 1.  I doubt we'll be in a position to do that unless one falls to the middle of the first.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
Yeah I'd prefer Brick to hold the fort while his replacement is groomed assuming we can trim his cap hit. Throwing an unknown left tackle in the mix cam ruin a season

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:06 AM »
Cut everyone!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
And then sign everyone!!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 09:06:37 AM »
Yeah I'd prefer Brick to hold the fort while his replacement is groomed assuming we can trim his cap hit. Throwing an unknown left tackle in the mix cam ruin a season

Although starting a new LT with a new QB, as could happen if we waited another year, sounds like a recipe for disaster. Might be better to have a new LT playing with a vet like Fitz for a season.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »
Although starting a new LT with a new QB, as could happen if we waited another year, sounds like a recipe for disaster. Might be better to have a new LT playing with a vet like Fitz for a season.

I'd prefer to have a new LT play with Mangold before Mangold hangs em up'.  He'll learn more from a probowl center than Fitz.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 09:17:19 AM »
That's true but at that point we will likely have a rookies at LT, C, and QB amongst other positions. I could live with that being a rebuild/growth year

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 09:50:07 AM »
I know Brick has regressed over the past few years, but is he really below average at this point compared to other LT in the game?  It used to be a rarity for him to ever get beat, now it happens a lot more, but have we just been spoiled so much by having him there so long that average play seems atrocious to us? 

To me, the big issue is not his play, it's his pay.

Tags: