Author Topic: Week 13: Jets vs Giants  (Read 10959 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Week 13: Jets vs Giants
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 11:56:52 AM »

Same. Try living here among their assh*le fans. Not many things on this planet could make me root for the Patriots but Giant fans are one of them.

Same. I rooted hard for the Giants in 07. In 2011 I was silently hoping the Pats would win.
"Wrong!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:17 AM »
Same. I rooted hard for the Giants in 07. In 2011 I was silently hoping the Pats would win.

I found myself rooting for the Giants in 2007 once the game started, once I saw Belichick and Brady's faces. But that year the Giants beat us in October and our whole season was garbage, so I wasn't bitter about it. After the way 2011 went down from the Victor Cruz play on, I was absolutely livid and fed up with the Giants. I volunteered to go into work just to not have to watch the game, so I was hoping the Pats would win but not watching or actively rooting for them.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
Wait until you come back, you'll see. Will make the Dolfags seem like a walk in the park. They at least haven't won in over 40 years either.

I don't care about Giants fans in the least, they can't be dumber than fins fans, it's not possible.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »
I don't care about Giants fans in the least, they can't be dumber than fins fans, it's not possible.

You say that because you live among them, it's all perspective. Take the Dolfag fans, put them in your stadium, name it after them and give them a couple of recent Super Bowl titles. Then get back to me haha.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »
Nothing tops my Pats hatred.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »
Nothing tops my Pats hatred.

Exactly bumpkin
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 12:42:04 PM »
I cheer for two teams in the NFL, the New York Jets and whoever is playing the Patriots on any given week. I can see that living amongst them might make you feel differently, but honestly I grew up in a two team city and hatred was generally reserved for the team 30 miles away. It isn't a given that there has to be a cross-city rivalry.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »
None of you guys live here, so that's understandable. I can make the case that Bo doesn't even live in America, but I'm at work right now so that will have to wait. JE is a f*cking fuzzy foreigner too, so there's that.

Most of the 90s I lived away from the NY area and was able to root for the Giants and even the Yankees, but when you're submerged in their fan base it's much different.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »
None of you guys live here, so that's understandable. I can make the case that Bo doesn't even live in America, but I'm at work right now so that will have to wait. JE is a f*cking fuzzy foreigner too, so there's that.

Most of the 90s I lived away from the NY area and was able to root for the Giants and even the Yankees, but when you're submerged in their fan base it's much different.

Well you're in ground zero there's no denying that.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 01:03:23 PM »
Well you're in ground zero there's no denying that.

I bob and weave through loud Guidos on my way to work.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 01:18:08 PM »
I'm just spoiled by being a Yankees fan that I can't stand when a team I root for doesn't have the entire city behind them.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
I don't understand a Jets fan who didn't root all the way for the Giants against the Patriots. Like JE said, I root for 2 teams: the Jets, and whoever is playing the Patriots. I still hate Miami and Buffalo, but they don't hold a candle to my Patriots hatred. I'm a bigger Yankees fan than Jets fan, and I hate the Pats more than the Red Sox. For two reasons. I'll let you guess who they are.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 02:14:33 PM »

I don't live in West Virginia.  It's Virginia.  Nevermind.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 02:15:03 PM »
Oh how I celebrated both Giants' Superbowls. I don't care about city rivalries, they are in the NFC and we play against them every four years. I cannot stand the Pats and their horrendous bandwagon fans, every one of their losses gives some joy to my poor and sad Jets' heart.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
Oh how I celebrated both Giants' Superbowls. I don't care about city rivalries, they are in the NFC and we play against them every four years. I cannot stand the Pats and their horrendous bandwagon fans, every one of their losses gives some joy to my poor and sad Jets' heart.

Tags: