Author Topic: Week 12: MVP of the Game  (Read 4040 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Week 12: MVP of the Game
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
To be fair, that's like saying Fitzpatrick is the best quarterback we've had since Pennington.

It's true. Doesn't mean we shouldn't look for a replacement though.

Great game for Fitzy today. I really like rooting for him, and I enjoy his toughness and his beard.

1st player with 4 Pass TD and 0 Int for a Jet since 2002 Pennington against the Packers in that epic Week 17 game.

Its been like 8 years since Pennington played. And pretty much Sanchez and Geno were the QBs since then. That doesnt say much.

Tannenhill is actually quite good. It just happens the entire team around him is horrific

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »

Its been like 8 years since Pennington played. And pretty much Sanchez and Geno were the QBs since then. That doesnt say much.

Tannenhill is actually quite good. It just happens the entire team around him is horrific

Jarvis Landry sure does suck. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
"Sorry if you felt I was classless at the moment" is going to be my new default apology.

Yes
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 08:13:06 PM »
I dont know how the freak anyone could say Fitz

Literally half of his passing yards was him just tossing it up to Marhall who was completely out of the league of Grimes. It was like watching a kid in elementary school trying to cover a grown derriere man.
He was very accurate today.  Hit Marshall with a back shoulder throw where only he could catch it.  Perfect placement on the Smith TD.   Perfect on the Decker shouldabeen TD.  Sure he tossed it up to Marshall a few times, but you'd be a terrible QB if you didn't in those cases.  It was a mismatch.  Marshall had a great game too.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Calvin Pryor, you the real MVP.   

Calvin Pryor IIIVerified account
‏@star_island25
Throw a better ball next time @ryantannehill1 teammate would've never got injured!!! Sorry if you felt I was classless at the moment.

Part of me wants to know what Tannehill said, and part of me doesn't care because Pryor's response is awesome
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »
Part of me wants to know what Tannehill said, and part of me doesn't care because Pryor's response is awesome

Tannehill said he was classless for dancing while Matthews was on the field hurt.  If you watch the replay, you can clearly see that Pryor doesn't even know he was down.  He crushed him and then ran in the other direction celebrating.

Tannehill is just a bundle of sticks.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 08:48:22 PM »
Too bad we don't have Kyle Wilson around still to teach Pryor the appropriate time to celebrate

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 04:08:23 AM »
Coples
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »
I been telling yall Pryor was for real this year. Like everyone else the pick came from left field , but I was on board immediately.

Can we get Koz and a few others in here for some humble pie? What was it you called him "he's just an average JAG"

Pryor on defense
Fitzpatrick  on offense

We really do need to pay Mo though.

I'm not letting the TDs  fool me either, I'm still very much on board with an early WR. Especially if we can get one starter on OL or at OLB in free agency

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 07:59:16 AM »
I wouldn't write off Smith. Wesley Walker was also a 2nd round pick who struggled with drops as a rookie and often injured, but he put a nice career together. That said, you never have enough WRs, Marshall and Decker are veterans, Decker gets hurt a lot too.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »
I wouldn't write off Smith. Wesley Walker was also a 2nd round pick who struggled with drops as a rookie and often injured, but he put a nice career together. That said, you never have enough WRs, Marshall and Decker are veterans, Decker gets hurt a lot too.

I waa happy when he was drafted .

But he came as advertised and struggled coming out of Urban Meyers system.

He can create separation and track the ball in the air in his sleep.

It's route running and concentration that have been the issues. I think that TD goes a long way and we see a few more by the end of the year.

Kid just has to take his lumps during the transition.

The throw and catch on his TD yesterday was really impressive . Like I said, with Deckers health, and Marshalls age. I'm still up for drafting another WR. God forbid either one goes down next yesr, we're standing with our dick in our hand.

What kills me the most is Amaro needed this year to work through the transition too. His rookie year was on a sinking ship so it might as well have not existed .

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:42 AM »

He was blind in one eye...... What's Smith's excuse?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 08:30:32 AM »
I been telling yall Pryor was for real this year. Like everyone else the pick came from left field , but I was on board immediately.

Can we get Koz and a few others in here for some humble pie? What was it you called him "he's just an average JAG"

Pryor on defense
Fitzpatrick  on offense

We really do need to pay Mo though.

I'm not letting the TDs  fool me either, I'm still very much on board with an early WR. Especially if we can get one starter on OL or at OLB in free agency

Hah, ok.  He's starting to warm up for me.  I really do like that he's not whiffing on tackles.  That was the biggest gripe for me earlier in the season.  Love his performance as of late. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
Calvin Pryor on defense

Ryan Fitzpatrick on offense

Calvin Pryor is my MVP of the game without question. Fitz gets honorable mention, but Pryor is the key to this defense.

I've said a lot about how I felt he wasn't a good pick where we took him, but the difference in this defense when he's in or out is undeniable.

He still had to get it done, which he did. That's literally what it means to be MVP of THE GAME. Meaning the game that was just played. In this game, that just happened, Fitz was probably the most valuable player because he made the throws that got us most of the TDs in the game. Those mike TDs were the reason why we won. That's why he would deserve that title.

Great post.

He was very accurate today.  Hit Marshall with a back shoulder throw where only he could catch it.  Perfect placement on the Smith TD.   Perfect on the Decker shouldabeen TD.  Sure he tossed it up to Marshall a few times, but you'd be a terrible QB if you didn't in those cases.  It was a mismatch.  Marshall had a great game too.

I said it to my son during the game: the only way the Jets are going to get Marshall going is for Fitz to start throwing some jump balls to him and letting him use his talent/size to win a few matchups.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 11:15:06 AM »
MVPS - Marshall/Pryor

Almost MVP - Fitz

Tags: