Author Topic: Week 12: Jets defeat Dolphins 38-20  (Read 4146 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Week 12: Jets defeat Dolphins 38-20
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »
The only advantage of keeping Davis here is that he'll have one year in the scheme.  Otherwise it's just as easy to replace him as re-sign him.  He's a free agent unlike Milliner.

The only way Milliner gets cut is if they'd rather have the extra roster spot and are wiling to eat $4 million.

All I know is it's really hard to replace 1/2 of a unit in one offseason, and really if we move on from Davis, we need to replace 3/4 of the unit.

Do you want to move on from a B player who is young and can be solid in this scheme at times, who is considered a strong leader and shouldn't be particularly expensive?
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »
I don't understand why everyone's so down on Davis. He's a middle linebacker in the best run defense and best red zone defense in the league. What exactly are you expecting to see from him? He's not Luke Kuechly but then he's not being asked to do what Luke Kuechly does.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:50 PM »
Mike Catapano got snaps at mike linebacker and defensive end. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 08:13:29 PM »
Seen at MetLife by a friend:

LACES OUT

That bundle of sticks Scotlandjet didn't come to the tailgate but he makes the Miami game. I am kind of glad though. That outfit would have been embarrassing to explain to those androgynous euro flamers in front of us if that Peter puffer sat in our section.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 08:45:56 PM »
Mike Catapano got snaps at mike linebacker and defensive end. 

I saw Sheldon at OLB a decent amount again.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »
Besides Catapano and Sheldon getting snaps at LB, Erin Henderson played a lot of snaps too. He was the primary guy taking snaps from Davis. Bowles said in the postgame if guys earn playing time they'll play and Henderson earned his playing time.

I'll say that it was nice to see Bowles using a lot of exotic personnel configurations based on his players' talents, which is supposed to be his specialty.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Freak you! Ha ha.
Am I right, that looks like Adam (fairy from Cal) right behind me in line!
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
Freak you! Ha ha.
Am I right, that looks like Adam (fairy from Cal) right behind me in line!

You're absolutely right, he's definitely a fairy form Cal.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Yeeeeeeeeahh

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 08:17:58 PM »
Considering the market is usually soft for linebackers unless they're absolute studs I don't see the front office being pressured into a decision on Davis. If they want him back, they'll bring him back. Hendersons been a starter in the league guys. I view it more as a signal of the depth inside that they've been splitting time.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
Considering the market is usually soft for linebackers unless they're absolute studs I don't see the front office being pressured into a decision on Davis. If they want him back, they'll bring him back. Hendersons been a starter in the league guys. I view it more as a signal of the depth inside that they've been splitting time.

I'd still like someone to tell me why they have such a problem with him other than he's not great in coverage, which is a problem for a significant majority of linebackers. He's a solid tackler, he's great against the run, he reads the game, he's a good athlete, he's smart, he's a locker room leader, thus far he has shown no interest in taking drugs, shooting people or having sex on camera, and his contract is entirely reasonable. What the freak are people looking for?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
I'd still like someone to tell me why they have such a problem with him other than he's not great in coverage, which is a problem for a significant majority of linebackers. He's a solid tackler, he's great against the run, he reads the game, he's a good athlete, he's smart, he's a locker room leader, thus far he has shown no interest in taking drugs, shooting people or having sex on camera, and his contract is entirely reasonable. What the freak are people looking for?

I feel like he's out of position quite a bit and whiffs on to many easy tackles. I like his dedication to get better and act as a leader in the locker room but can't help feel he's an average starter and a good backup at best. I don't think he'd see as much playing time as he does if it wasn't for his speed and quickness. He seems to lack good on the field instincts. Being as athletic as he is I think he could be a lot more then just an average linebacker.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

I disagree with the bolded.  He's competent against the run, but he takes bad angles too often.  He's also whiffed on more tackles than a four year vet should this year.  And the fact that he's a liability in coverage is a major flaw for a linebacker in this defense. 

You didn't mention it, but I think he's a very good blitzer.  Credit where it's due. 

Tags: