Author Topic: Week 12: Phins at Jets  (Read 4409 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Week 12: Phins at Jets
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
I'll put a lot more stock in whatever he says today than what he said moments after a loss yesterday.

It shouldn't even be pondered.

If Fitz is healthy enough, you start him.  Starting Geno is basically tanking the season.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
It shouldn't even be pondered.

If Fitz is healthy enough, you start him.  Starting Geno is basically tanking the season.

If Fitz has a workable hook for a left hand you start him.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »
If Fitz has a workable hook for a left hand you start him.

I'm sure he has one...it came with the pirate beard.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
Starting Geno is basically tanking the season.

If/when we get to the point where we're mathematically eliminated, then Bryce Petty should get a chance to play. 

Fitzpatrick should be given those last few weeks to recover.  I think it's almost a certainty that he's back next season, unless the Jets go crazy and go get Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »
I'd just as soon keep Fitzpatrick. Brees would be great at the right price, Manning I'm afraid is done.

Agree if anyone else starts it should be Petty, I really hope we don't reach that point because it will mean we continue to free fall. If we win two more games we're guaranteed to at least be in the race to the end.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 12:46:19 PM »
If/when we get to the point where we're mathematically eliminated, then Bryce Petty should get a chance to play. 

Fitzpatrick should be given those last few weeks to recover.  I think it's almost a certainty that he's back next season, unless the Jets go crazy and go get Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. 
I'd just as soon keep Fitzpatrick. Brees would be great at the right price, Manning I'm afraid is done.

Agree if anyone else starts it should be Petty, I really hope we don't reach that point because it will mean we continue to free fall. If we win two more games we're guaranteed to at least be in the race to the end.

Petty needs the reps, for sure.  So if we're done, he should get some playing time.

Manning has been throwing ducks all season.  I'm not sure how much of that is attributed to his health, because he's clearly been playing hurt.  But i think i'd prefer Brees to Manning, given the choice of the two. 

Unfortunately, i think if Payton ends up in Miami...Brees will probably follow him there.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »
I don't think I would pursue a Bress or Manning this offseason. I'd rather draft another QB prospect, keep Fitz, and see who develops between the draftee and Petty.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »
Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 1m1 minute ago

Fitzpatrick will start, Bowles said #jets

good.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
I don't think I would pursue a Bress or Manning this offseason. I'd rather draft another QB prospect, keep Fitz, and see who develops between the draftee and Petty.

I know he's a divisive character and player, but I'd be all over us going hard after Kaepernick.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
I know he's a divisive character and player, but I'd be all over us going hard after Kaepernick.

his physical intangibles and athleticism are off the charts.  I'd like to know why he went full retard this year though.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
his physical intangibles and athleticism are off the charts.  I'd like to know why he went full retard this year though.

That franchise is a Jed York-inspired shambles.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »
That franchise is a Jed York-inspired shambles.

Apparently, Kaep lost the locker room as well.  Which isn't a good sign.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Apparently, Kaep lost the locker room as well.  Which isn't a good sign.

No, but given we're unlikely to draft a franchise QB I'm OK with us signing a free agent who has proven his ability to be one. He's still young, if he can take what he has learned in SF and use it to be a better leader then he's a great bet to make.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
No, but given we're unlikely to draft a franchise QB I'm OK with us signing a free agent who has proven his ability to be one. He's still young, if he can take what he has learned in SF and use it to be a better leader then he's a great bet to make.

I'm not disagreeing with you...just playing devils' advocate.

I discussed this with Heis the other day...I think Chan can do something with Kaep, as long as he buys in to the program and puts the work in.  I read an article recently that accused Kaep of sluffing off this year (questioning his dedication), which may be one of the contributing factors as to why his teammates aren't his biggest fans right now.  I don't know how much of that is Jim Harbaugh leaving or the Jed York factor....but it's still a red flag worth being concerned about.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »
A lot of people bolted SF before Kaepernick too, that could have led to it. When you're the QB you're a lightning rod but they had a lot of problems besides him to say the least.

Tags: