Author Topic: Week 12: Phins at Jets  (Read 4407 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Week 12: Phins at Jets
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:47:04 PM »
Gritty Dan Campbell comes to town
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Week 12: Phins at Jets
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »
Loser might well be assured the basement of the AFCE this year
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »
This game actually is the season maker/breaker

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »
This game actually is the season maker/breaker
It wouldn't be if we had won the Raiders, Bills or Texans games. We had a chance to bury all 3 of those teams. Now they have the tiebreakers over us (though we can get it back vs Buffalo).

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »
I don't even care about tiebreakers or playoff scenarios right now. This team sucks and the future is starting to look really dark.

We are old, have no franchise QB outside of a lottery pick in Petty, and are making critical mistakes in all aspects of the game on a weekly basis. Unless something changes quickly this team will struggle to make it to .500

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »
We had a chance to bury all 3 of those teams..

Maybe before those games started we had a chance to do that. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:54 AM »
Meh, it's just rough cause I thought we'd be in a 3 way race between PIT and OAK for 5th or 6th seed.

But yesterday exposed what a few of us have been saying. The OL is nediocre, we need a true blue chip WR prospect,  and RB needs to be addressed.

Basically our whole offense lol.

If we lose this one I'm all for seeing a bit of what Petty can do. But I don't think it's a move a rookie HC would make, essentially admitting it's over .

So who knows .

Pryor back helped a lot. He single handedly broke up the jump ball to Watt also. Hopefully Marcus Williams can at least be a solid number 2. Because Cro is likely gone next year. Revis has 1 year, 2 tops. And after next year he will not justify his salary.

Also don't know his concussion status.

Yesterday was just a rude awakening, healthy or not, we are not a playoff team.

Duff is an offseason or two away from making this team legit

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
Meh, it's just rough cause I thought we'd be in a 3 way race between PIT and OAK for 5th or 6th seed.

But yesterday exposed what a few of us have been saying. The OL is nediocre, we need a true blue chip WR prospect,  and RB needs to be addressed.

Basically our whole offense lol.

If we lose this one I'm all for seeing a bit of what Petty can do. But I don't think it's a move a rookie HC would make, essentially admitting it's over .

So who knows .

Pryor back helped a lot. He single handedly broke up the jump ball to Watt also. Hopefully Marcus Williams can at least be a solid number 2. Because Cro is likely gone next year. Revis has 1 year, 2 tops. And after next year he will not justify his salary.

Also don't know his concussion status.

Yesterday was just a rude awakening, healthy or not, we are not a playoff team.

Duff is an offseason or two away from making this team legit

You can't go from arguably the least talented roster in the entire NFL to a legit playoff team in 1 year. Well I guess you can with a franchise QB but the Jets don't have one. This team has a lack of talent, just look at special teams. The best special teams (coverage aspect) denotes the best depth, lol at the Jets special teams.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »
I think we were spoiled with that 4-1 start to the season.

Going into this season, I believed we were in a transition year.  My expectations weren't high...for all the reasons mentioned here (aging oline, new front office/CS, no franchise QB, lack of depth due to recent shitty drafts, etc etc).

Our fast start had me believing we may have fast-tracked our rebuild process....but the last 3 or 4 weeks brought us back down to earth. 

We really need to address our offense and pass rush in offseason.  Duff has some work to do.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
Records aside, I hate the Dolphins and Giants as much as any other teams in sports (along with the Patriots and some NBA teams). So I want to win these next two games, I wouldn't care if we were in line for the #1 overall and it blew that, beat these two teams.

That is all.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
Records aside, I hate the Dolphins and Giants as much as any other teams in sports (along with the Patriots and some NBA teams). So I want to win these next two games, I wouldn't care if we were in line for the #1 overall and it blew that, beat these two teams.

That is all.

We were blessed with a soft schedule this year (AFC South/NFC East).  I hate that we're pissing that opportunity away.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
We were blessed with a soft schedule this year (AFC South/NFC East).  I hate that we're pissing that opportunity away.

We still have a chance. At this point in the first Rex year (AFC Championship Game) we were 4-6 coming off a blowout loss in Foxboro. Plan right now is simple, beat Miami.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 09:48:30 AM »
We still have a chance. At this point in the first Rex year (AFC Championship Game) we were 4-6 coming off a blowout loss in Foxboro. Plan right now is simple, beat Miami.

I don't like that Bowles has to "think" about who he's going to start at QB next week.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
I don't like that Bowles has to "think" about who he's going to start at QB next week.

That has to be because of the injury. He played well enough to win.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »

I'll put a lot more stock in whatever he says today than what he said moments after a loss yesterday.

Tags: