Author Topic: New York Yankees 2016 Offseason  (Read 15455 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:57:24 PM by Badger »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: New York Yankees 2016 Offseason
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:43 PM »
much like the yankee season, this thread is already dead (link)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »

much like the yankee season, this thread is already dead (link)

Your sons will be Dodger fans.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »
we dont speak those words in our home.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »
"A long-time friend" of Robinson Cano told John Harper of the New York Daily News that Cano is unhappy in Seattle and would "love to somehow find his way back to New York."

I'm pretty sure Cano is literally the only person that didn't see this coming.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure Cano is literally the only person that didn't see this coming.

Seriously. What did he think was going to happen when he chased the money to a bad team?

That said, I'd be ecstatic if the Yankees figured out a way to bring him back.

EDIT: Haha, well, according to Andrew Marchand (quoting someone who "would know") the chances of Cano returning to the Yankees is: None. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:35:55 PM by AlioTheFool »
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »
Cano can DIAF
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
Starlin Castro

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »
freak you
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »
freak you

I believe you mean "freak Yeah!"
---------------

Absolutely fantastic trade. I've been vocal about how much I like Warren, but acquiring Castro for Warren and the absolutely useless Brendan Ryan is a win. I read that this will be the youngest Yankees infield since Bucky Dent was wearing pinstripes (Castro is like a month older than Didi.)

Castro had a rough early year last year, but once he moved to 2B he really ramped up his hitting. Cashman has already said this move sends Refsnyder back to AAA. Now I just wonder if they'll have him go back to RF and concentrate solely on improving his hitting. He could be nice trade bait near next year's deadline.

It's interesting that the Cubs asked for Gardner and the Yankees said no, at which point Chicago moved on to Warren. Gardner has to be a trade chip. I just wonder if Cashman already has something in the works.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
Brendan Ryan is gone, trade of the century

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
No Brendan Ryan, no Stephen Drew, and no capuano. Super Bowl!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 10:39:55 PM »
Big fan of Warren, and I think even if the Cubbies don't realize it yet, he's a very viable if not quality option for the 4th starter role in that rotation but I love the Castro move. Classic Cashman buy low.

Not as big of a fan of the Wilson move considering he was effective, controllable and left handed. But apparently the two arms coming back are pretty live and we have absolutely no pitching depth in the system in terms of starters. I think Girardi was also really impressed with Lindgren last year and we know he loves Schreve, so he probably figures he has two lefties. Pazos and Mitchell I'm assuming are also going to compete for roles in the pen.

Cash's work isn't done. Still need another starter imho. Right now rotation looks like Tanaka, Severino, Pineda, Eovaldi and Nova. Lots of injury concerns.

I do hope the Wilson deal puts to bed any rumors about moving Andrew Miller, unless the Nationals feel like parting with Giolito ;D

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »
I didn't like the Wilson deal. There are theories that Cashman made the move with other moves in mind though, so we'll see how it plays out. Shreve fell off a cliff in the second half and was terrible late in the season.

As for the rotation, don't discount CC's return. I wouldn't be shocked if the alcoholism led to a lot of his struggles. He was the best starter on the team during part of the first half.

I think right now you're looking at Tanaka, Eovaldi, CC, Pineda, and Nova to start the year, with Severino headed back to Scranton until the inevitable first guy goes down. That's unless Cashman finds a deal that ships out either Nova or Pineda.

The Yankees lost a few players in the Rule 5 this morning. One of them was the 16th ranked player in the system. It seems like the Yankees get fleeced in that draft every year, yet everyone's always saying how weak their system is.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
I didn't like the Wilson deal. There are theories that Cashman made the move with other moves in mind though, so we'll see how it plays out. Shreve fell off a cliff in the second half and was terrible late in the season.

As for the rotation, don't discount CC's return. I wouldn't be shocked if the alcoholism led to a lot of his struggles. He was the best starter on the team during part of the first half.

I think right now you're looking at Tanaka, Eovaldi, CC, Pineda, and Nova to start the year, with Severino headed back to Scranton until the inevitable first guy goes down. That's unless Cashman finds a deal that ships out either Nova or Pineda.

The Yankees lost a few players in the Rule 5 this morning. One of them was the 16th ranked player in the system. It seems like the Yankees get fleeced in that draft every year, yet everyone's always saying how weak their system is.

I don't expect the lefty to stick with Atlanta. Sucks we lost Cave though. He'll make a good 4th outfielder for Cincy, especially with where they're at as a team.

If Severino doesn't start the year in the big league rotation I'll be furious. He's one of the 5 best starters in the organization. There are no service time issues. There are no innings limit issues, and if there are then and only then do I think you hold him out the first month of the season. I understand why Bird needs to be at AAA to start the year, but there needs to be a spot for Sevvy.

I still think even if Severino is in the rotation they need another starter, but they aren't going to lay out the money its going to cost, nor should they. Leake is going to get somewhere around 16-18 mil per. Maeda is going to cost a team a 20 million dollar posting fee before you can even talk to him. With what pitching is going for both on the trade and free agent market this year, the Eovaldi deal looks smarter by the day, and I HATED it at the time.