Author Topic: Week 10 MVP of the game  (Read 2852 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Week 10 MVP of the game
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »
It was a 3 yard catch on 3rd and 2, "completely roasted" is overstating it. They looked for him the whole game and he didn't do a lot of damage.

He looked like he was getting beat fairly often, sorry but he didn't look like 2009/10/11 Revis. He isn't that guy any longer, you're just giving him leeway based on his prior play. Also if that's not completely roasted I don't know what is.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »
He looked like he was getting beat fairly often, sorry but he didn't look like 2009/10/11 Revis. He isn't that guy any longer, you're just giving him leeway based on his prior play. Also if that's not completely roasted I don't know what is.

Then let me help you--what is completely roasted was the secondary we had the past two seasons Revis wasn't here.

Watkins had 3 catches for 14 yards, that's not much of a roast. Nobody is saying Revis is the same player he was in 2009, not even Revis, but he wasn't the problem last night.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
If Harris is getting an honorable mention, Davis deserves one too.

Sorry man. I wholeheartedly disagree.

Revis getting completely roasted caused the first down at the end of the game, so yeah good job.

Yeah. Revis was beat a lot last night. The only thing that prevented it from being obvious was that Watkins kept dropping the ball.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 01:47:29 PM »
Lost in the discussion is that Sammy Watkins is really good.  If you watched the moves he was making last night, it would have been hard for any CB to cover him alone.  Watkins is quick as excrement.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »
Lost in the discussion is that Sammy Watkins is really good.  If you watched the moves he was making last night, it would have been hard for any CB to cover him alone.  Watkins is quick as excrement.

Watkins has sky-high potential, no question. I mentioned earlier that I couldn't understand why Revis was in single-coverage with him all night. I'd guess Rex and his staff left that matchup alone on reputation, but if they play one-on-one in December I fear Watkins will have a big day.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »

Then let me help you--what is completely roasted was the secondary we had the past two seasons Revis wasn't here.

Watkins had 3 catches for 14 yards, that's not much of a roast. Nobody is saying Revis is the same player he was in 2009, not even Revis, but he wasn't the problem last night.

You seem to love to excuse stuff. Yeah Revis wasn't the entire problem, wow that's fantastic out of a 15million dollar player, just freaking awesome. Was he the solution? Based on his play freak no. Just because he didn't directly lose the game, doesn't mean he was good, he wasn't.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »
You seem to love to excuse stuff. Yeah Revis wasn't the entire problem, wow that's fantastic out of a 15million dollar player, just freaking awesome. Was he the solution? Based on his play freak no. Just because he didn't directly lose the game, doesn't mean he was good, he wasn't.

He kept Watkins in front of him and limited him to 3 catches for 14 yards. Got beat on the first play and got away with it, similar to what happened with Cooper last week. If you don't think he's good you should pull up a game from 2013 or 2014 and see how we do.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »

There seems to be a lot of excusing going on around the board today. I don't get it.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »
There seems to be a lot of excusing going on around the board today. I don't get it.

The entire team from the coaching staff on down, with the exception of a few players stunk up the joint last night. Just because the Bills weren't much better if at all does not excuse it. We all knew going in they have a sloppy mediocre coach and the Bills took on the persona of their fearless leader. I wish the Jets didn't play that way but they did. It was freaking ugly.

I want to write it off as the product of a Thursday night game where admittedly most teams look underprepared and sloppy. However, I am not going to excuse when the Jets do that themselves. They frankly haven't looked good in weeks.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
You guys are just mad because Rex came back here and beat us. Doesn't mean Revis is finished, doesn't mean our coaches now suck. We gave away more points than we lost by, that's what it comes down to.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
I don't care if Revis' actual play, his reputation, his body odor, or his chemtrails keep WRs at bay.  As long as it happens.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
You guys are just mad because Rex came back here and beat us. Doesn't mean Revis is finished, doesn't mean our coaches now suck. We gave away more points than we lost by, that's what it comes down to.

IS, you don't understand the difference between sucked and sucks. Here let me point out the distinction to you:

Rex as a complete head coach sucks, the Jets coaching staff sucked last night. See the difference?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
IS, you don't understand the difference between sucked and sucks. Here let me point out the distinction to you:

Rex as a complete head coach sucks, the Jets coaching staff sucked last night. See the difference?

No difference, you're wrong twice in one statement.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 02:44:46 PM »
No difference, you're wrong twice in one statement.
No actually I am not. What I posted is 100% correct.

Tags: