Author Topic: Chan Gailey  (Read 5553 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Chan Gailey
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Look Bowles and staff had a excrement game. This really was a game you can point to and say, " that sucked " as far as coaching jobs go. I am not going so far to say fire Bowles or something like that. They now have 11 days to get the ship righted. Lets see how he corrects the mistakes. Bowles was the best choice, I am not worried about that. There wasn't 1 guy out there at the time that was a much better candidate, plus the roster he inherited still leads a lot to be desired.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
Playcalling was bad. Gailey isn't the only reason we lost but we had some really stupid plays dialed up throughout the game. What was with the 3rd and 10 QB sneak... really odd. The other shitty calls have been discussed I'm sure

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »
Show me a game in history where we love every play call. We rallied from 22-3 down and were at the 5 to win the game, hard to say the coaches were terrible. Once the players stopped giving away possessions and points we did fine.

Buffalo is good too, no turnovers on offense, very few penalties on either side. Last year they killed us twice, they're a touch match-up for us. We lost, it happens, no need to rebuild again.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
Show me a game in history where we love every play call. We rallied from 22-3 down and were at the 5 to win the game, hard to say the coaches were terrible. Once the players stopped giving away possessions and points we did fine.

Buffalo is good too, no turnovers on offense, very few penalties on either side. Last year they killed us twice, they're a touch match-up for us. We lost, it happens, no need to rebuild again.

2008 at undefeated Tennessee. That game was the most exceptionally called and executed game I've ever seen the Jets have. Now admittedly I've only been aware/paying attention since Chad in 2002, but Jesus that game was just awesome. Flawlessly done.
Need a new one for a new board...

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »
Show me a game in history where we love every play call.

Thanksgiving night, 2012

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »

2008 at undefeated Tennessee. That game was the most exceptionally called and executed game I've ever seen the Jets have. Now admittedly I've only been aware/paying attention since Chad in 2002, but Jesus that game was just awesome. Flawlessly done.

We spent a good two weeks celebrating Leon fielding a kick with one foot out of bounds. Then two months later we fired our head coach.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:09 PM »
Playcalling was bad. Gailey isn't the only reason we lost but we had some really stupid plays dialed up throughout the game. What was with the 3rd and 10 QB sneak... really odd. The other shitty calls have been discussed I'm sure

Fitz said that he audibled the the QB sneak because he didn't like the playcall/defensive formation combo and he knew it was 4 down territory. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »

Fitz said that he audibled the the QB sneak because he didn't like the playcall/defensive formation combo and he knew it was 4 down territory. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.

It gained six yards, so sure, go ahead.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »
We spent a good two weeks celebrating Leon fielding a kick with one foot out of bounds. Then two months later we fired our head coach.

Remember the Ellis fumble return for six? I still remember somebody photoshopping a bong into his hands as he tumbled into the endzone after his recent pot arrest.

Good times...

And that is still one of the most amazing collapses by any team ever to not make the playoffs.
Need a new one for a new board...

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
I don't think enough credit is being given to Buffalo's defense.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 08:54:12 PM »

I don't think enough credit is being given to Buffalo.

FTFY

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 08:57:59 PM »
#FIREREX

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 07:23:32 AM »
FTFY

Just go all the way and change it to Rex. The above it all act is great except when you obviously aren't above it all.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 07:33:46 AM »

Just go all the way and change it to Rex. The above it all act is great except when you obviously aren't above it all.

We're all coping differently with the loss.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
For the record I'm above it all.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: