Author Topic: Chan Gailey  (Read 5554 times)

Koz

• Chad Pennington
Re: Chan Gailey
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »
I mentioned in the post-game thread that if Smith doesn't fumble that ball we win the game.

If alot of things did/did not happen, we win the game. His excrement playcalling was just one part.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »
The weird mix of conservative play calling right after making an aggressive decision was baffling to me. The biggest 4th we converted was a risky play that Fitz made a perfect pass on. He isn't a perfect QB but he has done enough to be trusted to more than throw screens when we need 4 yards on 4th down.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
If alot of things did/did not happen, we win the game. His excrement playcalling was just one part.

It's amazing how true this statement is. So many things that were controllable were poorly done.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
The weird mix of conservative play calling right after making an aggressive decision was baffling to me. The biggest 4th we converted was a risky play that Fitz made a perfect pass on. He isn't a perfect QB but he has done enough to be trusted to more than throw screens when we need 4 yards on 4th down.

Everyone knows to call and run a route past the sticks when you need a first down. Why we couldn't do that when we needed less than 5 yards I just can't understand.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
I'm not too judgmental of Bowles.  He's a rookie head coach.  It's easy to question things like going for it on 4th, but if they didn't, people would question that too.  Can't please everyone.  If it goes well, no one complains, even if it was a dumb decision.  If it doesn't go well, everyone piles on and acts like they could do better.

I can't say I would have done anything different than he did last night.  If you lose the turnover battle 4-0, you will almost certainly lose.  Everything else is minor.  Chan's playcalling and Bowles' decisions are all side stories in this game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:32:46 AM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
If we convert on those fourth downs, people would be dick riding Todd Bowles for being super aggressive.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »
I liked going for it both times, just like when it worked vs Jacksonville, I didn't like the play calls. In the Jax game we threw it past the sticks and got the first down.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »
If we convert on those fourth downs, people would be dick riding Todd Bowles for being super aggressive.

I liked the decision he made to go for it. I just wish the actual plays ran on 4th were as aggressive as the decision to go for it.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Once we had 2nd and 2 with a chance to get the first down inside the 5, I was hoping to run and milk that time off. Buffalo had no timeouts, get that first down there and you can not only score, you can pretty much end the game in the process.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
I'm not too judgmental of Bowles.  He's a rookie head coach.  It's easy to question things like going for it on 4th, but if they didn't, people would question that too.  Can't please everyone.  If it goes well, no one complains, even if it was a dumb decision.  If it doesn't go well, everyone piles on and acts like they could do better.

I can't say I would have done anything different than he did last night.  If you lose the turnover battle 4-0, you will almost certainly lose.  Everything else is minor.  Chan's playcalling and Bowles' decisions are all side stories in this game.

I've been complaining about Bowles & Co. for weeks. I've said repeatedly that this team looks unprepared and that the playcalling is suspect. It was just more obvious this week to everyone because it was a game with a big spotlight on it.

As for the rookie head coach thing, that's part of the damn problem with this team. How many of them have we had? If you discount Belichick's ridiculously short tenure, every HC of this team since Parcells was a rookie head coach.

It's getting tiring being the breeding ground for future failures.

BTW: Todd Bowles said in his presser today that they're fine with Demario Davis in coverage on RBs.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
I like this staff so far, there are always going to be fans who think they can do better and therefore don't like the coaching.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 01:45:30 PM »
As for the rookie head coach thing, that's part of the damn problem with this team. How many of them have we had? If you discount Belichick's ridiculously short tenure, every HC of this team since Parcells was a rookie head coach.
99% of head coaches are either:
- 1st-time head coaches
- Retread head coaches who were fired elsewhere
- Former college head coaches making the leap who are 1st-time NFL head coaches

What kind of coach do you want the Jets to hire?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 01:56:38 PM »
Shoulda hired Belichick.  Cheapass Woody......

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »
99% of head coaches are either:
- 1st-time head coaches
- Retread head coaches who were fired elsewhere
- Former college head coaches making the leap who are 1st-time NFL head coaches

What kind of coach do you want the Jets to hire?

I don't have a problem with retreads. Some current "retreads" in the NFL include: Tom Coughlin, Pete Carroll, and Bill Belichick.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
Shoulda hired Belichick.  Cheapass Woody......

Funny part is we did, he bolted.

Tags: