Author Topic: Chan Gailey  (Read 5552 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Chan Gailey
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
The reason we lost this game.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Chan Gailey
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 10:36:52 PM »
Hope this old freak falls and breaks his hip so he can live out the rest of his miserable like in a nursing home.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:03:01 PM »
Devin Smith's fumble was pretty terrible too.  But the playcalling was miserable for the most part.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:11:52 PM »
Devin Smith's fumble was pretty terrible too.  But the playcalling was miserable for the most part.

I mentioned in the post-game thread that if Smith doesn't fumble that ball we win the game.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »
Execution was terrible. Play calling was terrible. The whole team played like a bundle of sticks.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
While execution was certainly part of the problem, Gailey deserves a share of the blame for that as well.

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:10 PM »
Gailey isn't just responsible for the playcalling. He's also responsible for the offense's execution on the field.

Gailey's playcalling was horseshit tonight but he can't be responsible for Marshall dropping easy passes or Ivory's fumble.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 11:16:35 PM »
We handed them 12 points and lost by 5. Turnovers.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
The reason we lost this game.
you are wrong
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 11:41:25 PM »
you are wrong

If you're an offensive coordinator and your team is on the opponent's six yard line and you have two opportunities to not only score a touchdown but get a first down and you call two terrible plays in a row that prevent either from occurring, you're responsible for your team losing.

I don't give a excrement about anything that happened before. You have to call high percentage plays in that situation.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:44:55 PM by Andrew Ryan »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »
If you're an offensive coordinator and your team is on the opponent's six yard line and you have two opportunities to not only score a touchdown but get a first down and you call two terrible plays in a row that prevent either from occurring, you're responsible for your team losing.

I don't give a excrement about anything that happened before. You have to call high percentage plays in that situation.

And if he calls good, high percentage plays but Fitzpatrick ends up throwing bad passes or our WRs drop them? Who cost us the game then?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 11:53:04 PM »
We lost the turnover battle by 4 and gave them 6(7) points on special teams.

/game

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 07:05:09 AM »
Todd Bowles is why we lost.  he is making bad decision after bad decision after such a great start to the season.  He's a young HC so he gets to make these mistakes but at some point he's got to start making better decisions.  Gailey has done a really nice job, Fitz made some bad decisions late(though I thought he played much better than his #s indicated). 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »

Todd Bowles is why we lost.  he is making bad decision after bad decision after such a great start to the season.  He's a young HC so he gets to make these mistakes but at some point he's got to start making better decisions.  Gailey has done a really nice job, Fitz made some bad decisions late(though I thought he played much better than his #s indicated).

To be fair our first season under Rex in 2009 had similar dumb losses. As long as we peak at the right time.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »

I mostly agree with you. I also agree with the OP. Coaching lost this game.

There's no question there were execution issues and that can't be glossed over, but I've been talking about the poor coaching of this team for weeks now. Our front office and team personnel got better over the winter, the coaching staff didn't.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: