Author Topic: Jets sign Randy Bullock  (Read 5807 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Jets sign Randy Bullock
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
freak Geno Smith

worst draft choice this team has ever made

I agree with the first part, not so much the second.

Dewayne Robertson has to be seen as a worse pick than Geno. There are others, but off the top of my head, DRob is a far worse pick than Geno.

I just went to look at that draft to see just how bad it was. We picked Robertson 4th overall. Players picked after him in the first round include names such as: Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamalu, Larry Johnson, and Nnamdi Asomugha. Even guys like Rex Grossman, or Byron Leftwich would've been better picks.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »
5 inside the 20...I think 2 or 3 of them he punted from right around midfield. He won that award because he kicked 4XP.

Tonight...when you see him punt from our 20 and it goes a whopping 35 yards, I'll be here waiting.

He is definitely a liability when we are pinned deep. I have to imagine he is above average at pinning teams inside the 20 to still have his job.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »
Dewayne Robertson has to be seen as a worse pick than Geno. There are others, but off the top of my head, DRob is a far worse pick than Geno.

Robertson didn't set us back multiple seasons. 

Passing on Smith for any other position would have allowed us to take quarterback in next draft.  Every QB in that draft, even the ones that are working at Enterprise Rental Car right now, was better than Geno Smith.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 11:43:16 AM »

Passing on Smith for any other position would have allowed us to take quarterback in next draft.  Every QB in that draft, even the ones that are working at Enterprise Rental Car right now, was better than Geno Smith.

All that is Idzik's fault.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
April 26:
2003: Jets trade two 1st round picks (#13 and #22) for #4 overall pick which they used to draft DT Dewayne Robertson.

Dewayne Robertson, 2003:

Coming off the Chad playoff year we could have really taken a step forward with either the #13 and #22 or just the #4 pick.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
How is that his fault? 

It's not. Just giving some context on his 5 inside the 20 kicks that won him this prestigious award. Not like he pinned them inside the 20 from our 35.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
Just to be clear...my hatred for Geno is materially greater than that of Quigley, because he set the franchise back. But Quigley is playing, so he gets my wrath.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2015, 01:57:07 PM »

Geno was a second round pick that shouldn't even have played his first year. There were so many high-impact players available to us at #4 when we picked Robertson and he managed to be less of an impact than Geno who waited until the second round.

I just remembered Vernon Gholston too. The sixth overall pick in '08. Practically any player chosen after him in that draft would have been a better pick.

I see your line of thought though, and it's certainly reasonable.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
You guys hate Geno bc he's black

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
I hope fatass nails a 60 yarder tonight

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
Bollocks!
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »
I hope fatass nails a 60 yarder tonight

Janikowski has been in the league 15 years and he's not exactly on weight watchers.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
Janikowski has been in the league 15 years and he's not exactly on weight watchers.
You may want to Google a recent picture. He is freaking yoked