Author Topic: LOLBEARS  (Read 23559 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: LOLBEARS
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2022, 07:31:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status/1571908226144210944?t=g16FXCkTHjf3JAvA_IK_hw&s=19

I'm with him. freak out of my face with your camera and your laughing at me when we've just lost to our biggest rivals. "I've known you for two months, they've been my team for 22 years." Right on brother.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2022, 10:12:14 PM »
I'm with him. freak out of my face with your camera and your laughing at me when we've just lost to our biggest rivals. "I've known you for two months, they've been my team for 22 years." Right on brother.

Yeah, instant relationship ender.

On another note, those old school Bears jackets might be the single best piece of fan apparel in sports. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2022, 06:14:20 AM »
I simply would not expose the worst side of me to someone I've been seeing for 2 months. I started dating my wife right before the 2007 season so the Jets sucked right away and there were zero expectations. She didn't see me crushed over sports until our season ending losses in 2009 and 2010. Guy has no business acting like this in week 2.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2022, 07:56:06 AM »
Mrs English and I have been together 22 years and in the entire time she's known me my teams have collectively had about three good seasons. As a result, when Forest made the playoff final this year and I was proposing to spend an absolutely disgusting amount of money to go, there was no "you're going to spend how much on a ticket to a soccer match?" and instead she said "you've watched them be terrible all this time, you can't miss it now they're on the verge of actual success".

To this guy: it's two months into your relationship. You already know if she's a football fan and whether she gets it or not, if she isn't and doesn't then just tell her you're not seeing her on a Sunday.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »
Or just find someone else...

You don't need a diehard by your side, just someone who has enough empathy to see it matters to you and as a result it matters to them.  Or at the very least they respect you.

Many of you have met my fiance.  She's not a die hard football fan.  She's never going to paint her face or tell me about free agent signings,, but she loves seeing me happy when they win and she's happy to listen because it interests me. 

Man needs to find himself one of those.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2022, 11:39:04 AM »
Or just find someone else...

You don't need a diehard by your side, just someone who has enough empathy to see it matters to you and as a result it matters to them.  Or at the very least they respect you.

That's the crux of the issue.  Crying over sports is admittedly dumb.  Recording your SO crying for whatever reason, dumb or not, then laughing and posting it for internet points is just dumpable behavior.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2022, 04:39:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1571911176065323010?t=aQeTqup0_YBDBTJhZMgE5A&s=19
this is the perfect thing to say if you want your fan base to remember and hate you forever, especially if you don’t become special, which I never believed fields was likely to become.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2022, 05:10:43 PM »
That's the crux of the issue.  Crying over sports is admittedly dumb.  Recording your SO crying for whatever reason, dumb or not, then laughing and posting it for internet points is just dumpable behavior.

Recording me while I'm crying - regardless of the reason - is a great way to tell me that you're not worth having around.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2022, 05:12:23 PM »
Crying over a Week 2 game. I don't mind people showing emotion, but it's Week 2.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2022, 06:36:58 PM »
this is the perfect thing to say if you want your fan base to remember and hate you forever, especially if you don’t become special, which I never believed fields was likely to become.
Maybe some odd portion of the Bears fanbase will still be rooting for him when he's a backup on the Titans or something in 5-7 years.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2022, 06:38:11 PM »
Recording me while I'm crying - regardless of the reason - is a great way to tell me that you're not worth having around.
Crying over a Week 2 game. I don't mind people showing emotion, but it's Week 2.
There's a third possibility that I considered before posting, was that it was fake/staged anyway.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2022, 06:41:37 PM »
There's a third possibility that I considered before posting, was that it was fake/staged anyway.

Definitely a possibility. But I've seen too many "look at how my significant other is acting LMFAO!" videos to believe that they are all staged.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2022, 08:43:01 PM »

i kept reading all of the posts about this thinking this exact thing. you guys are spending way too much time thinking about it lmfaoo. like everything else in our world nowadays, i am just about 100% confident that excrement was staged for social media clout

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2022, 09:04:12 PM »
i kept reading all of the posts about this thinking this exact thing. you guys are spending way too much time thinking about it lmfaoo. like everything else in our world nowadays, i am just about 100% confident that excrement was staged for social media clout
My wife is recording and teasing me because this post made me cry.

Tags: