The Rest Of The Sports World > You Don't Know Football

LOL NFL

<< < (117/118) > >>

Johnny English:
Also, CTE doesn't cause a problem for gamblers and fantasy players the way that torn ACLs and sprained ankles do. So it's obvious which one is a bigger issue.

Derek Smalls:
If they want to make more plays reviewable to get more things correct, and it doesn't slow the game down much more, I'm OK with that. I'm skeptical it wouldn't slow the game down though.

However, I think it would end up causing more controversy, not less controversy. People will still argue about calls. Most RTP fouls are in a grey area and aren't that cut-and-dry.

AlioTheFool:

--- Quote from: Derek Smalls on March 27, 2024, 10:54:36 AM ---If they want to make more plays reviewable to get more things correct, and it doesn't slow the game down much more, I'm OK with that. I'm skeptical it wouldn't slow the game down though.

However, I think it would end up causing more controversy, not less controversy. People will still argue about calls. Most RTP fouls are in a grey area and aren't that cut-and-dry.

--- End quote ---

They should make it clear that play stoppage and further review will only be for plays considered reasonable doubt.

A crew in the league office seeing the immediate replays should be able to determine pretty quickly whether something should remain the judgment call that was made, or warrants further review.

We see it every Sunday when former refs say on the broadcast whether a call will likely stand or not on replay. Some calls would still be questionable but they'd get a lot more right.

Badger:
https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/the-eagles-will-open-the-2024-season-in-brazil-on-friday-night-of-week-1/

The NFL announced that the Philadelphia Eagles will play as the designated team in the first regular season game in Brazil, as part of the 2024 International Games. The game will be played on Friday, Sept. 6, the first time the NFL has played a game on Friday night of its opening weekend in more than 50 years (St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams, Sept. 18, 1970).

The game will take place in São Paulo at the Corinthians Arena. The Eagles' opponent and kickoff time will be announced closer to the 2024 NFL schedule revealed.

Johnny English:
This is going to make Badger angry.

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1783902269299130420?s=46

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version