Author Topic: LOL NFL  (Read 109443 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: LOL NFL
« Reply #360 on: March 29, 2022, 09:26:55 PM »
Maybe the statistic I read was off but it stated 0.5% of nfl players identified as Latino

Regardless the numbers both make the same argument.

Honestly going off topic but it does seem like all things BLM has completely overshadowed every and all things Hispanic in this country. And by that I mean it seems that black caucus seems to advocate and have a exponentially more effective PR/political influence in this country

I would love it if you learned to read.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2022, 10:14:03 AM »
It's absolutely amazing that you accused me of arguing via strawman earlier in this thread (when I wasn't even involved in the discussion you absolute hoo-ha) and this was your takeaway. The more intelligent and non strawman argument would be the one below, so maybe take a freaking note.
I know you didn't post it.  It was a joke.

How is my stat a strawman.  Dcm is claiming discrimination when clearly the outcomes are not discriminant against white people.

The nfl didn't say new offensive assistants can't be white.  They added an internship at a private company to increase the diversity of their hiring pool

It's hilarious how the same people who yell MUH RIGHTS
Are the same people that telling others how they should run their private business.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2022, 12:04:41 PM »
I know you didn't post it.  It was a joke.

How is my stat a strawman.  Dcm is claiming discrimination when clearly the outcomes are not discriminant against white people.

The nfl didn't say new offensive assistants can't be white.  They added an internship at a private company to increase the diversity of their hiring pool

It's hilarious how the same people who yell MUH RIGHTS
Are the same people that telling others how they should run their private business.

Equity isn't equal opportunity dude.

Literally by your same logic you could suggest the nfl is discriminatory because of the racial breakdown of its players. It's not a race thing.

And oh the well nobody should tell a private organization how to run their private business.

What about these stupid freaking homophobic cake shops that want to refuse gay weddings? They get obliterated because it's freaking discrimination.

Literally the only people to use the word internship is you and JE. the nfl is calling it a hiring mandate, which is exactly that.

I will still bang the drums saying you can get the desired outcome without these discriminatory policies
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:08:40 PM by dcm1602 »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2022, 01:27:39 PM »
Literally by your same logic you could suggest the nfl is discriminatory because of the racial breakdown of its players. It's not a race thing.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2022, 02:29:42 PM »
This is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Obviously the nfl isn't discriminating and building its rosters based on race (but this won't stop the debate about black QB's from coming up every few years)

But the point was you don't have to intervene with policies based on the color of your skin everytime there's not equity of outcome

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »
But the point was you don't have to intervene with policies based on the color of your skin everytime there's not equity of outcome
No one here is saying you must intervene everytime equity outcome doesn't exist.  No one is even saying you always need to intervene when equity of opportunity doesn't exist.

The vast majority of players in the nfl are black
The vast majority of coaches are not black
Most coaches make their way via friends and family ties
Most owners are old money and hire in the same way
Most minorities do not have those ties

The nfl and players think the current processes are not allowing them to advance in coaching like they should be.

Th nfl wants to change that process to try and get their coaches to be more representative of their players.

It's not a big deal.
It's not set in stone.  Changes can and will be made.
The nfl is not going to ban all white coaches.

It's a nice attempt to fix something they feel is a problem.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2022, 08:46:48 AM »
Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll called out NFL owners during the league's meetings last week in Florida, saying the hiring of minority candidates won't improve until owners accept that there are candidates out there different than themselves, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Carroll spoke for about 10 minutes during a meeting of general managers and coaches last Tuesday in Palm Beach. His comments came a day after the league announced that all 32 NFL teams must hire a minority offensive assistant coach for the 2022 season.

The longtime Seahawks coach, though, told the group that such policies will never be enough until the owners themselves change.

"He just went off," a source told Schefter of Carroll's comments in the meeting. "He was saying, you can do anything but until owners get to know these candidates before the actual interviews and understand that they have to hire people who are different than them, it's not going to really change."

Via ESPN

Caroll lecturing nfl owners for not hiring anyone who doesn't look like them despite the fact that for 12+ years none of his OCs have been anything but white dudes

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2022, 10:01:21 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #370 on: April 18, 2022, 05:24:45 PM »
What does that mean for consumers?

First spanking, then the oral sex.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #371 on: April 18, 2022, 05:59:45 PM »
What does that mean for consumers?

If it's Apple exclusive were all fucked

I can't think of a single company more willing to blatantly price gouge consumers

Purely pulling this out of my derriere here, but I imagine if Apple gets exclusive you're gonna see a historic crackdown on nfl piracy

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #372 on: April 18, 2022, 06:16:39 PM »
If it's Apple exclusive were all fucked

I can't think of a single company more willing to blatantly price gouge consumers

Purely pulling this out of my derriere here, but I imagine if Apple gets exclusive you're gonna see a historic crackdown on nfl piracy

Apple will only own the rights to US broadcasts, so I don't see how they'd have any standing to go after someone streaming the broadcast from Canada or the UK. That would need CTV or DAZN or Sky to take action, I think.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #373 on: April 18, 2022, 06:19:52 PM »
I may regret saying it, but I can't imagine it being worse than Directv's fuckery.  Don't get me wrong, Apple won't miss a chance to separate you from your dollar. I don't expect it to be cheaper or anything, but at least you won't have to buy a goddamn satellite dish like it's still 1998.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 06:23:13 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2022, 12:12:55 AM »
I may regret saying it, but I can't imagine it being worse than Directv's fuckery.  Don't get me wrong, Apple won't miss a chance to separate you from your dollar. I don't expect it to be cheaper or anything, but at least you won't have to buy a goddamn satellite dish like it's still 1998.

You've been able to get nfl ticket without a satellite dish for years

They might be a satellite company but they offer it as a streaming only package

Tags: