Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 359174 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2880 on: September 19, 2020, 05:11:30 PM »
I'm not referring to its outdated graphics.

*Posts giant block of excrement about graphics*
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2881 on: September 19, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
If Nintendo does with the 64 emulator what they with the NES and SNES emulators you'll see the game library expand more and more as time goes on. I bought the NES one in August and they've added a handful of games since then.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2882 on: September 19, 2020, 11:32:36 PM »
You'll just hate anything, won't you?

This isn't my personal opinion.

It's been widwly criticized as lazy.

I can't think of any AAA re-releases that were just emulators.

Emulators are for your like psn classics that are free with a subscription or 9.99 purchases

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2883 on: September 21, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
Microsoft just purchased Bethesda for $7.5B

So maybe the answer to "Why would I want a new Xbox" is: Fallout, Dishonored, and Elder Scrolls exclusives?

@jasonschreier
BREAKING: Microsoft is planning to buy Zenimax/Bethesda, an industry-shaking acquisition that will give Xbox ownership of Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, and more. Story hitting Bloomberg shortly
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2884 on: September 21, 2020, 09:51:41 AM »
wow
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2885 on: September 21, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
That...damn.

Edit:

Deathloop, and Ghostwire: Tokyo will still release as timed exclusives for PS5.

All other titles will release on PC and Xbox. Other console releases will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

This usually doesn’t bode well for the smaller studios. Machine Games, Tango, and Roundhouse could be in trouble down the line.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-21-microsoft-buying-zenimax-parent-company-of-bethesda-id-software-and-more-report
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:25:39 AM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2886 on: September 21, 2020, 04:38:51 PM »
Welp Sony is definitely quickly moving towards losing this console war

Xbox is just being aggressive as freak

I absolutely would not be surprised to see Skyrim come to gamepass or at least gamepass for the next gen only in time for launch

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2887 on: September 21, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
At this point, Microsoft is contractually committed to making more PS5 than Xbox exclusive games.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2888 on: September 22, 2020, 07:39:15 AM »
At this point, Microsoft is contractually committed to making more PS5 than Xbox exclusive games.

On the flipside anyone who buys ps5 games made by Microsoft will (probably) have to get an Xbox to play the sequel

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2889 on: September 22, 2020, 08:53:17 AM »
On the flipside anyone who buys ps5 games made by Microsoft will (probably) have to get an Xbox to play the sequel

Which is what 3 years away minimum which means someone could be convinced to buy an xbox then, but not right now if they already wanted the PS5

Also Bethesda moves some needles, but it isn't exactly a death knell.

If somebody wants to drop a death knell on the other side, go buy out a sports game company, 2k Sports or EA. You want to murder the other side? Own all the sports franchises and the only way you can play madden or fifa or NHL or The Show, or 2k is on one system. That excrement will really kill off some competition. Granted it will be absurdly expensive to make that kind of power play. But then again buying Bethesda for 7.5 B isn't exactly throwing chump change around.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2890 on: September 22, 2020, 09:35:53 AM »
Does Microsoft really care whether you buy a next gen Xbox or not? I thought their focus was more on Xbox Game Pass, with the console just being an option for access. Microsoft, like most tech companies these days, looks at everything through the lens of subscriber revenue.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2891 on: September 22, 2020, 10:38:56 AM »
Bethesda doesn’t move the needle for me. I’ve never played any of those games other than Fallout 4 for PS4.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2892 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:36 AM »
Yup, Microsoft even said, if I'm not mistaken, that they don't necessarily want you to buy a new Xbox. Gamepass is their big feature.

It was already an incredible value, now add in day 1 access to any Bethesda title, and in the winter they're adding EA Access to Gamepass for no additional charge.

And MS just released a Beta to stream games from your console to your phone, on top of already having unveiled access to xCloud a week ago.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2893 on: September 22, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »
i remember talking about this with some gaming heads a while ago, but isn't microsoft's ultimate goal to push a net-based 'streaming' service where anything with an internet connection in the future functionally becomes your console, and you'll be able to play through the use of a universal 'paddle'?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2894 on: October 03, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »